Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
1antique
Raven
Violet
Freak
8 posters

Life after death?

Freak
    Freak

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Life after death? Empty Life after death?

Post  Freak Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:09 am

The afterlife comes in many shapes/forms/guises if you take into account all the differing religious views/personal views/myths/legends etc

How do you see the afterlife? How does it relate to your religion or lifestyle as such?

This is a question posed to everyone, not just referring to religious people, even atheistic or agnostic views are welcome in this thread.

For me, I believe in the spirit world, a place where our souls drift towards, or get pulled into after our materiel bodies can no longer hold us ie; death. Maybe we sojourn in these lands in our sleep - dreams. Though we have no control over our dreams, that may be because we are still controlled by rules of matter as we are still contained within our bodies.

truthfully, we can probably offer little or no evidence regarding the truth of our beliefs, but that doesn't mean we can't share them with others. Whether there is, or isn't an after-life, death is something we will all experience sooner or later.

So, what are your ideas, thoughts, opinions, beliefs about the afterlife?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Life after death? Empty Re: Life after death?

Post  Violet Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 pm

I believe in the spiritworld,a world where all our spirits go after bodily death, I don't believe this is in the clouds or somewhere above, rather it is all around us and so close we can touch it should we choose to, just as it touches us if allow it to and if we are open to it, I don't believe in a man with a beard sitting on a throne punishing people I believe in an all seeing all hearing all feeling energy, an energy filled with love which envelops all if we allow it to.

I read somewhere once 'only a breath away' that describes it perfectly imo

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Post  Raven Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:36 am

I'm still trying to figure out where I stand on this, especially because I used to be so adamant about reincarnation, but now I feel differently about it. I still believe there is some form of after life, but not as spirits congregating in one place or even spirits taking on specific forms. Doesn't mean I don't believe in spirits though.

I also believe that nothing ever ceases to exist and everything is connected because we're all part of the same energy. My thinking is more along the line of Quantum Physics and that greatly influences how I feel about a life after death.

That's probably come across as confused and a bit jumbled, but like I mentioned I still haven't come to a complete understanding of what I feel life after death is and in all honesty I'm not trying to figure it out. It's a mystery that I'll only ever know the answer to when I experience it although I do like to contemplate it every now and then.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 pm

THat's very true, none of us will really know until it happens, it's also good that you aren't taking on a certain belief just so you have a belief, a lot do that and feel uncomfortable with it.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 am

Maybe it isn't so much 'life after death' but a transition from one form of life to another....just as the catapillar dies to allow a butterfly to be born.

Yup....stole that butterfly from you... :giggles: :hugz: :love:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 pm

I wonder how we will feel when we realise we have passed over in to spirit.
    Will we know? Will we be aware of the fact that we do not possess a physical body any more.

What would be your feelings?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:20 am

I wonder how we will feel when we realise we have passed over in to spirit
    I wonder if that depends on how we get there, if we die quickly and unexpectedly will we be shocked? Are we all informed death is close even if it is going to be sudden? Or do only a few know when they will die and be prepared for it and feel totally free once they get to the other side?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:30 am

I think I would rather know,Violet. Being a spiritualist helps if we know that death is near....knowing where we are going...what a shock though to those who do not believe!
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I think I would rather know,Violet.   Being a spiritualist helps if we know that death is near....knowing where we are going...what a shock though to those who do not believe!
    I remember reading '50 Years a Medium' by Estelle Roberts. She mentioned a young man who wanted to get in touch with his father, for proof of his survival. Her guide Red Cloud, could only apologise to him, as his father firmly believed that he would sleep until resurrection day. He went on to say he couldn't interfere with the man's free will but assured him he was sleeping in the spirit world.
    This may not have been the proof the young man was seeking. Hopefully it would have made him aware that this was proof enough for he would have known his fathers thoughts on life after death.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I wonder how we will feel when we realise we have passed over in to spirit.
    Will we know?   Will we be aware of the fact that we do not possess a physical body any more.

What would be your feelings?

I would feel sad at having to leave my family and the relationship I have with them all. 

I will be more than over joyed to experience life with zero pain. So, I can only presume I will be aware I no longer have a physical body.

From the various experiences of which I have been privileged to, I can't wait to experience it for myself, but, I'm in no hurry either.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

What I want to feel,Skye is freedom. To have the energy of when I was young.
    To do what I want to do with my own time. To visit my family in spirit. To look down on my family here on the earth plain and hopefully help them when they need help.
    Most of all I would like to convince them (not all of them believe in a spirit world)that we do live on with a different kind of life...
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm

My son did have one experience of life after death but will still not accept that there is such a thing.

He had a small experience of seeing my husband's twin who died 3 days after he was born, son saw him as an adult. We had a conservatory at the back of the bungalow. Son dreamed that he saw Ken (hubby) in the kitchen. Saw the conservatory door opening and another (Ken) walking in.....He couldn't understand why! Ended up battering our brains out trying to explain!

Ken and twin were identical.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Azrael
    Azrael

Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

Post  Azrael Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:26 am

It's because the thought of spending eternity six feet under with a rotting corpse. In ancient Egypt during the  building of the pyramids they would always have a shaft or shafts that led directly to the outside world and these were located near the top. The ancient Egyptians had the belief that the soul once separated from the body had to have a way out of the pyramid thus the holes. On the other side of the coin in Babylonian, Sumerian and Assyrian the views took an opposite turn. Theirs was stark, grim and led to the belief of the wages of sin is death thusly where christianity got their slogan.

Point being that as in life we want something to look forward to. Same as in death. Our culture has been brought up to believe that life does not end at the grave and only begins at that point with no real proof that it actually happens. Death is ritualistic. Same with churches and life in general. We want to believe that loved ones who have passed on have gone to a better place and thats understandable but no where is anything absolutely more final than we they lower that casket into the ground where you become a memory.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:00 pm

My thoughts are the spirit world is only a dimension away from us.
    Sort of 'round us'? Would that be correct?
    Azrael
    Azrael

Male
    Number of posts : 192
    Job/hobbies : Dead End
    Registration date : 2014-02-23

Post  Azrael Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:06 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:My thoughts are the spirit world is only a dimension away from us.
    Sort of 'round us'?  Would that be correct?

Cannot answer that. Spirit is belief, belief is spirit. All in what you believe.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Violet wrote:I believe in the spiritworld,a world where all our spirits go after bodily death, I don't believe this is in the clouds or somewhere above, rather it is all around us and so close we can touch it should we choose to, just as it touches us if allow it to and if we are open to it, I don't believe in a man with a beard sitting on a throne punishing people I believe in an all seeing all hearing all feeling energy, an energy filled with love which envelops all if we allow it to.

I read somewhere once  'only a breath away' that describes it perfectly imo
    That is very near to what I was told,Violet...
    Like next door neighbours who we only see now and again...in fact sometimes we wonder if they are at home or out for the day... :scratch:
    skye

Female

Post  skye Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Violet wrote:I believe in the spiritworld,a world where all our spirits go after bodily death, I don't believe this is in the clouds or somewhere above, rather it is all around us and so close we can touch it should we choose to, just as it touches us if allow it to and if we are open to it, I don't believe in a man with a beard sitting on a throne punishing people I believe in an all seeing all hearing all feeling energy, an energy filled with love which envelops all if we allow it to.

I read somewhere once  'only a breath away' that describes it perfectly imo
    We, and many species share the Universe so, as the Spirit World is interdependent with our physical world, I wonder, as we are actually spirit living in human form, are we living in the Spirit World now, but on a lower level, plane or dimension, call it what you will.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:18 pm

I was looking for another topic today but can't find it.   One of Gilly's topics.

A description of the spirit world and where it lies...
    He drew dimensions of the spirit world and our world.
    The spirit is of a higher dimension than our world...

Very interesting information he gave....
    wish I could find that topic...fasinated me...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:51 am