Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Arbel
SpiritVoices
feather
1antique
Violet
9 posters

Spiritualism not what it used to be?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Spiritualism not what it used to be? Empty Spiritualism not what it used to be?

Post  Violet Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Does anyone else think that Spiritualism seems to be more cliquey, more about power in high places (earthly places that is) and generally far less about Spiritualism than it used to be, I've not visited a church in a long time but i've heard some stories from people who do visit regularly but are becoming increasingly disheartened with it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Spiritualism not what it used to be? Empty Re: Spiritualism not what it used to be?

Post  1antique Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Religion is religion, no matter what the name. Once people discover there is money or power to be gained from it, it begins a rapid decline.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Spiritualism not what it used to be? Empty Re: Spiritualism not what it used to be?

Post  feather Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:54 am

I think that sometimes what seems to be a higher chakra belief or activity...can actually have its energy foundation in the lower chakras. What seems like love and spiritually purity can actually come from personal need.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Violet wrote:Does anyone else think that Spiritualism seems to be more cliquey, more about power in high places (earthly places that is) and generally far less about Spiritualism than it used to be, I've not visited a church in a long time but i've heard some stories from people who do visit regularly but are becoming increasingly disheartened with it.

I'm with you there,Violet.    Once a quiet subject to be discussed,Spiritualism is now an ongoing business on how much money can be made from it.
    Many have filled their coffers with a small fortune from the giving of messages.    I understand that they may have travelling expenses etc.
    But don't you think that messages from the spirit world themselves should be free?
    They are usually messages of love which come to us but why should those messages be charged for?
    I don't mind giving to the 'plate' which is passed around after a service in a spiritualist church but it is now becoming a farce.

Also the 'day events' which are advertised like lunch included and a medium who gives demonstrations of his gift.
    Surely those demonstrations should be given free?    Giving proof of an afterlife.   Did Jesus charge for his miracles?

Joan
    Arbel
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

I am in agreement with every one and it was brought to my attention a number of years ago that if it was the only way to make money to live on then it is alright; but for those who abuse the gifts of spirit there is a price to pay

Arbel

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Arbel wrote:I am in agreement with every one and it was brought to my attention a number of years ago that if it was the only way to make money to live on then it is alright; but for those who abuse the gifts of spirit there is a price to pay

Arbel
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do agree with that,Bill.....Those who need it to eat particularly.   To survive.

QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male
    Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2013-11-20

Post  QuietCypher Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Violet wrote:Does anyone else think that Spiritualism seems to be more cliquey, more about power in high places (earthly places that is) and generally far less about Spiritualism than it used to be, I've not visited a church in a long time but i've heard some stories from people who do visit regularly but are becoming increasingly disheartened with it.
    I don't think spiritualism has changed, but religions change all of the time which has very little to do with spirituality.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:04 pm

QuietCypher wrote:
    I don't think spiritualism has changed, but religions change all of the time which has very little to do with spirituality.
    Spiritualism, the religion and philosophy, isn't the same as spiritualism (to do with being spiritual) or spirituality.  It's a common misunderstanding....
    QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male

Post  QuietCypher Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 pm

mac wrote:
    QuietCypher wrote:
    Spiritualism, the religion and philosophy, isn't the same as spiritualism (to do with being spiritual) or spirituality.  It's a common misunderstanding....
    Yes, I believe that's what I said too. :bump:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 am

In some ways I see religion mainly Christianity changing for the better, years ago we had to sit up strait in very uncomfortable sits, there was no laughing allowed as this was seen as disrespecting god. Now we have people showing their feelings, singing and clapping and sometimes dancing, the old way is falling away, religion had to change so we all can be free to truly express our inner spiritual excitement, Oh yea.  :stars:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

QuietCypher wrote:
    mac wrote:
    QuietCypher wrote:
     I don't believe you did....
    QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male

Post  QuietCypher Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:37 pm

mac wrote:
    QuietCypher wrote:
    mac wrote:
    QuietCypher wrote:
     I don't believe you did....
    I will just say that I agree with you. :)

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I view spirituality very different than most....I thank my three wise women who come into my dreams are to blame!! :blush:
    frisky fox

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

Post  frisky fox Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 pm

It has been said that if it were three wise women who followed the star, instead of the well known, three wise men .... things would be different :astar: 

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:02 pm

What a coincidence...!

Did you know the star that they were following was "propelled"?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:24 pm

frisky fox wrote:It has been said that if it were three wise women who followed the star, instead of the well known, three wise men .... things would be different  :astar: 
    I'm inclined to agree with you,Frisky......A lot different.....:happy:
    frisky fox

Number of posts : 1044
    Registration date : 2013-08-25

Post  frisky fox Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:What a coincidence...!

Did you know the star that they were following was "propelled"?
    propelled ? as in a shooting star ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:24 pm