Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
kiwi
Blueanchor
psychoslice
ameliorate
Violet
1antique
Auras
Native spirit
Cassy7
SpiritVoices
14 posters

Leaving this World!

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Leaving this World! - Page 3 Empty Leaving this World!

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

I often wonder when we know we are not long for this world what feelings would we feel?

Knowing that it could be a long time before we see our family.

Wonder if those thoughts would go through our mind?

Or if the wonder of the new world would take over and clear our mind of the physical world we will be leaving behind.
    kiwi

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2016-11-05

Leaving this World! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ameliorate

Post  kiwi Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:05 am

I'm sorry to read of your mothers passing.  I worked in aged care dementia for a few years, and Ive seen lots of passing. My own grandmother and residents told me everything they were going through and what they saw, as well as Rose explaining why they stare  at the ceiling, why they look like theyre day dreaming. Saw with my own eyes and I also asked the residents themselves. So if you would like me to explain then I will, but only if you want to know so you can have closure. She was not alone, she was not in pain or suffering and although a persons appearance or actions prior sounds horrid to us, its not. there is a transformation a person goes through. and if you want I can also explain the moments afterwards what happens right up to the funeral. and if you want to know how to connect and contact, then sure I can help you there too. Be happy for her, don't let guilt weigh you down. Her proof of heaven and angels and her beloved god was all proven to her before she passed.
    I was shown truth by the residents themselves prior to their passing, and then afterwards when they returned to say thank you
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Leaving this World! - Page 3 Empty Re: Leaving this World!

Post  ameliorate Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:49 am

kiwi wrote:I'm sorry to read of your mothers passing.  I worked in aged care dementia for a few years, and Ive seen lots of passing. My own grandmother and residents told me everything they were going through and what they saw, as well as Rose explaining why they stare  at the ceiling, why they look like theyre day dreaming. Saw with my own eyes and I also asked the residents themselves. So if you would like me to explain then I will, but only if you want to know so you can have closure. She was not alone, she was not in pain or suffering and although a persons appearance or actions prior sounds horrid to us, its not. there is a transformation a person goes through. and if you want I can also explain the moments afterwards what happens right up to the funeral. and if you want to know how to connect and contact, then sure I can help you there too. Be happy for her, don't let guilt weigh you down. Her proof of heaven and angels and her beloved god was all proven to her before she passed.
    I was shown truth by the residents themselves prior to their passing, and then afterwards when they returned to say thank you
    Thanks for this post and your offer to share more knowledge.

At the time, just before her death, that she was so very far away and sleeping most of the time, I did want to know what her experience might have been. Her face showed no expression i.e. looked just like a dead person - pale, drawn with gaping/open mouth.  Occasionally her heart would beat faster, her chest rising and falling and I wondered what was happening there....whether it was just physical or, perhaps, she was meeting other dead relatives. Mac suggested she was being helped to the other side and this fits with what I was also thinking.  I am no longer curious about that stage now because she has since passed over.

However, I am interested in your offer of how I can connect and contact her. You could either disclose this on the forum here (for others to benefit from) or in PM - your choice.
    Thank you.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:09 am

kiwi wrote:I'm sorry to read of your mothers passing.  I worked in aged care dementia for a few years, and Ive seen lots of passing. My own grandmother and residents told me everything they were going through and what they saw, as well as Rose explaining why they stare  at the ceiling, why they look like theyre day dreaming. Saw with my own eyes and I also asked the residents themselves. So if you would like me to explain then I will, but only if you want to know so you can have closure. She was not alone, she was not in pain or suffering and although a persons appearance or actions prior sounds horrid to us, its not. there is a transformation a person goes through. and if you want I can also explain the moments afterwards what happens right up to the funeral. and if you want to know how to connect and contact, then sure I can help you there too. Be happy for her, don't let guilt weigh you down. Her proof of heaven and angels and her beloved god was all proven to her before she passed.
    Thanks for this post and your offer to share more knowledge.

At the time, just before her death, that she was so very far away and sleeping most of the time, I did want to know what her experience might have been. Her face showed no expression i.e. looked just like a dead person - pale, drawn with gaping/open mouth.  Occasionally her heart would beat faster, her chest rising and falling and I wondered what was happening there....whether it was just physical or, perhaps, she was meeting other dead relatives. Mac suggested she was being helped to the other side and this fits with what I was also thinking.  I am no longer curious about that stage now because she has since passed over.

I was interested in your offer of how I can connect and contact her. However, on reading a post made by Blueanchor re. how a deceased person didn't want to be contacted but left in peace, I think I will leave it for my mother to make contact, if she so chooses to.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:13 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:My mother is currently very close to the end of her life now. She is now 96. She spends most of her time asleep e.g. daytime too and I am wondering what she may be experiencing.  She rarely even opens her eyes now (my sister thinks she doesn't have the energy for this) but can hear what is being said and sometimes raises her eyebrows to indicate communication.  It is as if she doesn't want to be in our world now and I hope that is natural rather than depression.  She's not in a coma, i.e. she can look half awake (semi opened eyes) to receive medication or water.  It is harder for her to eat though since her teeth tend to be clenched together.

The sad thing is that, although she is a Catholic, she does not believe in the afterlife.  I have tried to reassure her that her soul lives on.  I know that, despite her quality of life being very poor (she is bed ridden and cannot even move to change position without help, or feed herself and has advanced dementia so is disorientated, with poor memory recall), she has been afraid to let go.  What is happening to her now - being more in sleep mode - seems a gentle transition to passing over.

I have no knowledge of this transitionary phase.  Could it be that she is being assisted/primed to cross over?  I have heard that when we dream, we enter the astral plane.  I am not sure if that is where she is.
    It's sad when parents reach the end of their lives in such ways.

My own mother passed at a similar age and although dementia wasn't a major factor, physical frailty blighted the last few years of her life.  It was always a great sadness that although (as you know) I'm a long time  Spiritualist, I was unable to reassure her that she would live on and that her own parents (who she greatly missed) would be there for her.

I hope, too, that your mother isn't depressed and her progressive withdrawal from this world makes sense to me.  I can't be certain but my strong view is that support is likely being provided by unseen helpers as your mother prepares for leaving her old and worn out body.  I expect that's the case for all of us as we near death even if we aren't consciously registering that support.  In a similar way we have support when we enter this world.  When physical and mental faculties disappear I also expect that our spirits begin to spend more time away from the body in a way similar to Astral travelling. 

Perhaps that's where increasingly lengthy periods of contact are made 'behind-the-scenes' with those who will help most during the final separation?
    Thank you mac for this post.  It was helpful and I also feel that there are helpers to assist her along her way.  

It is done now/over - she has gone...the news came in the early morning.  In many ways the mother we knew had left about a year earlier since dementia strips away the personality.  I have had a long time to prepare for this and so I hope to not be too badly affected with this news - she wouldn't have wanted that (she expressed concern about it).

She was a wonderful, cheerful and warm woman.  Yesterday a member of staff, at the care home, cried at her being so obviously close to death - she had all the appearance of a dead person....pale, drawn, with open mouth/gaping expression.   Another member of staff was off work but texted in to ask how she was!   Her suffering is now over.  Peace.
    My sincere condolences on the recent loss of your mum, ameliorate. I pray that the memory you have of her before she became ill, will help support you through the times when you miss her physical presence. 
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:28 am

Thank you skye.  So far I am not too emotionally crippled by the news (for reasons given in my last post).  However, getting off a bus before where it would normally take me that day i.e. to the care home, made it hit home a bit more. 

It is poignant what her last words were too me (about a week before she died...she slept more deeply towards the end...indeed, she passed away in her sleep).  The context of these words is relevant here.  She provided for us all financially, i.e. my sister, brother and myself but my sister had already fallen out with my brother over the will.  Ghastly that our mother should witness that the family unit was torn asunder after all she had done for us.

The occasion of her last words were me bringing up that it would be Xmas soon.  She made an approving sound.  I asked what she liked about xmas.  She paused and then said "family together"....

.....how sad is that?
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:38 pm

ameliorate wrote:Thank you skye.  So far I am not too emotionally crippled by the news (for reasons given in my last post).  However, getting off a bus before where it would normally take me that day i.e. to the care home, made it hit home a bit more. 

It is poignant what her last words were too me (about a week before she died...she slept more deeply towards the end...indeed, she passed away in her sleep).  The context of these words is relevant here.  She provided for us all financially, i.e. my sister, brother and myself but my sister had already fallen out with my brother over the will.  Ghastly that our mother should witness that the family unit was torn asunder after all she had done for us.

The occasion of her last words were me bringing up that it would be Xmas soon.  She made an approving sound.  I asked what she liked about xmas.  She paused and then said "family together"....

.....how sad is that?

It saddens me to hear of families falling out when a death has taken place within the family unit or when the contents of a will are known prior to a person's death. It would be wonderful for you and your siblings to get together as family, with it meaning so much to your mum, however I can also understand this may be unlikely to happen under present circumstances. I know some families are torn apart for a variety of reasons and some never speak ever again, and yes, it is very sad and unfortunate when our sibling(s) treat other family members in this way.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Perhaps the family coming together is something to create hope for Ame.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Perhaps the family coming together is something to create hope for Ame.
    Ha...well, I am a realist and you haven't met my sister!  She has a bit of a wild look in her eyes these days and I am suspecting her to now be a pathological liar, i.e. by the time she has said something she believes it to be true.

There is a saying that is SO true of her - Oscar Wilde said that a cynic was someone who "knows the price of everything and the value of nothing".

I was hoping that our mother's death would have softened her and shown her what matters/brought out her humanity.  You should have seen her today, choosing a coffin in such an impersonal, detached way.....like she was ordering from a deli counter!
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:52 pm

I am sorry to hear that Ame.

We're in a world that is in need of hope for togetherness.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Blueanchor wrote:I am sorry to hear that Ame.

We're in a world that is in need of hope for togetherness.
    Indeed.  I had hoped that our mother's demise would soften her hardness towards my brother and myself.  Instead it just seems to have made her feel sorry for herself when she is the one that is most benefitting from mum's inheritance!  (Don't get me started!...)
    jimrich

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

Leaving this World! - Page 3 Empty It's OK to leave

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:I often wonder when we know we are not long for this world what feelings would we feel?

Knowing that it could be a long time before we see our family.

Wonder if those thoughts would go through our mind?

Or if the wonder of the new world would take over and clear our mind of the physical world we will be leaving behind.
    My late wife became kind of indifferent, detached and obviously intended to leave during her last trip to the hospital.   She was in a lot of pain with very little hope of recovery so, when she was taken to the ICU after a sudden "crisis", I quiely whispered into her unconscious ear that I'd miss her very much but am OK with her crossing over if she wants to or needs to.  Her health issues were very bad and I doubt she could have ever been happy here even if she had survived and I certainly did not want her to spend the rest of her life as a hurting vegetable!  The hospital "helped" her cross over right away!  Since she was a Medium and I also had some contacts with Dis-incarnates, we both know that the Afterlife is infinitely better than the physical life.  She is extremely happy over there and very busy "helping" others both there and here!
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Our Joanie - spiritvoices - is no longer able to join us here....

Thankfully she's known for a long time that her Ken is around and will be waiting for her as she crosses 'the divide' between here and 'over there'.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:40 am