Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Ice Phenomena....

Weird Ice Phenomena.... Empty Weird Ice Phenomena....

Post  Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I need an explanation for why this ice is doing this other than the blah blah explanation

George Loegering found this weird ice disk spinning in the Sheyenne River, in North Dakota, and he couldn't imagine why and how it formed. Talking to the Associated Press, National Weather Service hydrologist Allen Schlag gave an explanation:
    It's not a continuous sheet of ice. If you were to throw a grapefruit-size rock on it, it would go through. It's not a solid piece of ice—it's a collection of ice cubes. I'm not sure how long it was there [...] It had to be quite a long time. If you look at the picture, you can see growth rings on the disk.
    http://sploid.gizmodo.com/why-is-this-giant-ice-disk-spinning-like-a-turntable-in-1472749420?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Weird Ice Phenomena.... Empty Re: Weird Ice Phenomena....

Post  Violet Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm

How did I miss this, thanks Mr Whitmore, isn't nature a mystery (for all our technology) nature can still baffle us, that's fascinating to see!

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:11 pm