Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
mac
mayflow
Auras
7 posters

Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal Empty Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:29 pm

The differences between a spirit guide and a power animal. Well, Technically their is no difference because a power animal is a spirit guide in animal form. According to shamanic journeying when you enter a altered state of conscious. They may show negativity towards since that animal is a part of you. So all its doing is reflecting your emotions so you know what you're up against. We can have upto 7 of these. All with different meanings to them.  If you work with them on a regular basis then you will that your person life will be getting better and better due to the amount of support you are getting from this power animal. According to te native americans they call them animal totems or spirit animals. But it all terms, they merely mean the same thing.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Number of posts : 894
    Job/hobbies : Electronics, RF energy, test equipment
    Registration date : 2013-12-03

Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal Empty Re: Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Auras wrote:The differences between a spirit guide and a power animal. Well, Technically their is no difference because a power animal is a spirit guide in animal form. According to shamanic journeying when you enter a altered state of conscious. They may show negativity towards since that animal is a part of you. So all its doing is reflecting your emotions so you know what you're up against. We can have upto 7 of these. All with different meanings to them.  If you work with them on a regular basis then you will that your person life will be getting better and better due to the amount of support you are getting from this power animal. According to te native americans they call them animal totems or spirit animals. But it all terms, they merely mean the same thing.
    What I think all this is, is these are all emotions that develop within us. Emotions as the word itself implicates are emotive in nature and contain a lot of creative energy. If we make friends with these, their power will help us. This is potentially good but is potentially dangerous as well. We are talking an awful lot of power here.
    Auras

Male

Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal Empty Re: Spirit Guide vs Power animal vs Animal Totem vs Spirit Animal

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

What I think all this is, is these are all emotions that develop within us. Emotions as the word itself implicates are emotive in nature and contain a lot of creative energy. If we make friends with these, their power will help us. This is potentially good but is potentially dangerous as well. We are talking an awful lot of power here.
    Hello, dear. I've seen many debates over the fact that people are saying our emotions is the reason w have. An power animal etcc.. I personally disagree with them partly simply because I've been on a journey and that journey felt like it was reality. I mean I've travelled to the spirit realm.  But main my question is... Is the guide a a spiritual being or just made up of creative emotions
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Auras wrote:
    Hello, dear. I've seen many debates over the fact that people are saying our emotions is the reason w have. An power animal etcc.. I personally disagree with them partly simply because I've been on a journey and that journey felt like it was reality. I mean I've travelled to the spirit realm.  But main my question is... Is the guide a a spiritual being or just made up of creative emotions
    My dear, this IS the Spirit realm. All is.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:54 pm

No, this is the physical realm
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Auras wrote:No, this is the physical realm
    Only if this is all you can see here. The Spirit dear is everywhere.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Ok here's a question......

Expalin spirit and earthbound spirits.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Auras wrote:Ok here's a question......

Explain spirit and earthbound spirits.
    I'll do what I can. Spirit is Spirit, not bound. However sometimes Spirits forget they are pure Spirit and project and immerse themselves into the physical and just get so involved with it that they temporarily forget that they are Spirits. There may be a realm of pure Spirit that you have visited, so the physical seems removed, but the Spirit is still in everyone and everything, just sometimes gets a bit lost for a while.
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:31 pm

You've proved no point that the physical realm is the spirit realm. Their is unircorns, fae, elvea. They have their own realm which is is called dimensional travelling. Yet, their is lots of nature spirits on earth. Doesn't mean the spirit realm in on earth.
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Well, to be honest, I really had no point to prove. Now you tell me - what is the point of being a Shaman?
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Shamans are picked by spirits. Shamansm isn't a choice. Its more of a calling.

A shamn is A person having access to, and influence in, the world of spirits, esp. among some peoples of northern Asia and North America
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

The purpose of the Shaman is to open the mind to the new.

"The world of everyday life cannot ever be taken as something personal that has power over us, something that could make us, or destroy us, because man’s battlefield is not in his strife with the world around him. His battlefield is over the horizon, in an area which is unthinkable for an average man, the area where man ceases to be a man.”
    He (don Juan Matus) explained those statements, saying that it was energetically imperative for human beings to realize that the only thing that matters is their encounter with infinity.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:17 pm

The blind leading the blind....

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

uh oh...is Mac having a bad day?
    mayflow
    mayflow

Post  mayflow Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:23 pm

mac wrote:The blind leading the blind....
    What has that do with the topic?

This was the topic. 
    The differences between a spirit guide and a power animal. Well, Technically their is no difference because a power animal is a spirit guide in animal form. According to shamanic journeying when you enter a altered state of conscious. They may show negativity towards since that animal is a part of you. So all its doing is reflecting your emotions so you know what you're up against. We can have up to 7 of these. All with different meanings to them.  If you work with them on a regular basis then you will that your person life will be getting better and better due to the amount of support you are getting from this power animal. According to the native Americans they call them animal totems or spirit animals. But it all terms, they merely mean the same thing.

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Its an attempt.......

Remember............ooohhhhhmmmmmm
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:22 pm

The big MAC is finally Back... Lol.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Even if a Spirit Guide is totally made up, it is still a real spirit. A Spirit Animal is usually a real animal that came to you in real life. This can happen on a Vision Quest.
    Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Post  Medicine_Dog Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:58 am

A shaman is a word from Siberian origin that makes a convenient umbrella term for anthropologist to lump all native medicine into one category. If you want to be a medicine man in my tribe, being called is only the first part of it. The second part-- you begin training under a practiced medicine person actually learning how to heal people with herbs,stories,advice, and maybe a slap of common sense when necessary.

Takes about ten years....Your not just called.....You have to answer it...Practice it....Do it...

In the old days people didn't play "shaman" much, if somebody died under their care-- They could be killed as a result.. :eek: 

Don't be playing..... :eyeroll:
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:55 pm

"Even if a Spirit Guide is totally made up, it is still a real spirit. A Spirit Animal is usually a real animal that came to you in real life. This can happen on a Vision Quest"

Oh that's rather interesting. How did you come to that conclusion?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Ah! The NDN returns! Hadn't expected that...
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 pm

What do you mean mac?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Post  Medicine_Dog Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:11 am

I think that is like playing with concepts that conflict so just play some street fighter or Teeken with it.

Tis the problem with learning "shamanism"... When all the cultures practices are mixed into one term they tend to contradict themselves. Most of what is gleamed from shamanic practices is the ritualistic ceremonies-- hence the typical image of a half naked shaman dancing around a campfire with a drum. 

It's also why some people focus on the "shamanic journey" but disregard the herbal, physical, mental, emotional, conjuring, nature's law, and tribal laws. All of which are integral to the medicine man's knowledge. 

* round one- power animal vs totem animal....... FIGHT! 
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:31 am

Auras wrote:What do you mean mac?

This member is well known from past times for his 'unusual' approach to forum discussions.... He knows what I mean as will some others who also know him

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:11 am