Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
jcam@sii
Seekerofsolace
Thunder Bow
avianscepter
Medicine_Dog
9 posters

Vision Quest

Medicine_Dog
    Medicine_Dog

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Native Medicine
    Registration date : 2013-12-06

Vision Quest - Page 2 Empty Vision Quest

Post  Medicine_Dog Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

The vision quest or perceiving quest is integral to Native American spirituality. Each tribe had their own means and methods of beginning this quest, but the goals where basically the same. To learn how we perceive life and to learn how important these perceptions are to spiritual growth. As each of us begin this journey in our own unique way, we see that our individuality is subjective.  By progressing through the wheel of life, our perceptions are shared and borrowed from others along the way. We are all interconnected and related in this journey, there is no individuals. This oneness with all that is-- creates The foundation of most native cultures. 

So who here is actively engaged in their own perceiving quest? or should I say consciously engaged-- since we are all doing it but might not know it.

Share with us your experiences along this journey and perhaps we can learn from each other's experiences and share our personal medicine with one another.   :asmile:
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Vision Quest - Page 2 Empty Re: Vision Quest

Post  Thunder Bow Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 pm

What did Little Mouse see, when he Jumped? What happened afterwords?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:47 pm

The Sacred Mountains?     :blush:

I was on another site a while ago,an American site.   Closed up now.....There were Native Americans on there.     I made friends with one of them,she wasn't Native American but was married to one.  She lost her husband in the Korean war,I think.

Like the Aboriginals,they are very proud of their heritage.  
    My husband used to study them and was given a piece of bark which had been painted on.   A beautiful picture of an Aboriginal boy.
    He treasured that painting....I still have it!.....
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes! Jumping Mouse saw the Scared Mountains! Do you know of his journey to Sacred Mountains? Can you post a photo of that painting here?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 pm

No,I don't.   Was it a mountain for praying?    I wouldn't know that,Thunder Bow.  But they were a very proud people.   The whites wouldn't accept them which was wrong.   Australia was originally the Aboriginals country.

Painting?   No I don't have a photo,wish I did.....Wish I had kept all the little articles that we brought back from Oz.  The paintings I had,two of them,one showed a boy standing under a tree,holding a spear as if in battle.    The boy who painted the picture was only about 15 years old, himself,Aboriginal.
    The other picture was of a correbee  (spelling... :blush:)sitting round the fire in the dark.
    Most of them lived in the far north of North of Oz.(Queensland).
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:14 am

What is Vision Q?
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:56 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:What is Vision Q?

The story of Jumping Mouse is about the Vision Quest. The Vision Quest is a perceiving quest. You find your own name as Jumping Mouse did.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm really not sure how the Brits or New Age people go about on a 'vision quest' but to the indigenous people of the western hemisphere it's not done by appointment or at paid weekend outing.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:02 am

Wisa'ka wrote:I'm really not sure how the Brits or New Age people go about on a 'vision quest' but to the indigenous people of the western hemisphere it's not done by appointment or at paid weekend outing.

I am not so sure your "Indigenous". Time for you to sign up for your $1,700 Vision Quest. Dates to be announced.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:I'm really not sure how the Brits or New Age people go about on a 'vision quest' but to the indigenous people of the western hemisphere it's not done by appointment or at paid weekend outing.

I am not so sure your "Indigenous". Time for you to sign up for your $1,700 Vision Quest. Dates to be announced.

I'm not really concerned what and what not you are sure of. What I am certain of is each time your forum administrator here deletes a post or a thread only goes to show the new age movement's fear and denial of the truth regarding American Indians. 

"The closing of your doors can never shut us out. The closing of your doors can only shut you in"
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

You seem to never stop beating your Paranoid drum Mr. "NDN". You are here for for bad intent only. But I know Pot smoking makes one even more paranoid. Thus I understand your condition you are in. Time to wake up and seek medical help, before life passes you by. Being the way you are, there is nothing Native American about you.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 am

Wisa'ka wrote:
    Thunder Bow wrote:

I'm not really concerned what and what not you are sure of. What I am certain of is each time your forum administrator here deletes a post or a thread only goes to show the new age movement's fear and denial of the truth regarding American Indians. 

"The closing of your doors can never shut us out. The closing of your doors can only shut you in"
    Wisa'ka, normally I wouldn't respond in a thread but you have brought it up,  posts have not been deleted to close any one out, they are deleted if they contain nastiness or issues from other forums.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 am

Violet wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:
    Thunder Bow wrote:

Wisa'ka, normally I wouldn't respond in a thread but you have brought it up,  posts have not been deleted to close any one out, they are deleted if they contain nastiness or issues from other forums.
    Ahhh, the typical nuage approach to the truth. Censor, belittle, delete and ban. Your new age movement is fading like fog being burned off by the morning sun.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Wisa'ka wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:
    Ahhh, the typical nuage approach to the truth. Censor, belittle, delete and ban. Your new age movement is fading like fog being burned off by the morning sun.

One might wonder why there's such a seemingly irresistible urge to repeatedly return to such an unimportant - and accepting - website as this, to revel in pointing out the shortcomings, and upcoming demise, of the so-called New Age ('nuage'!) when it's suggested it's unimportant anyway.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:26 pm

..."Ahhh, the typical nuage approach to the truth. Censor, belittle, delete and ban."...

The admistrator was very clear with you, yet you stick with the above quote. Do you really believe what you are saying here? Or is it you don't know how to read yet?
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:00 am

mac wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:

One might wonder why there's such a seemingly irresistible urge to repeatedly return to such an unimportant - and accepting - website as this, to revel in pointing out the shortcomings, and upcoming demise, of the so-called New Age ('nuage'!) when it's suggested it's unimportant
    anyway.
    You're right, mac. In regards to these nuage forums, I should of taken the hint previously offered by spiritualforums.com. Even way back then when I was making an attempt to be civil if not pleasant, people treated me like a untouchable. By the time I arrived here it had already gone bad. What's the f#cking point in ever coming back to a place where people who go on so much about love and light, hate me in the darkest manner. As long as somebody is cult fodder, he or she is in, but a free thinking individual is deemed trouble. At first I was optimistic, but now it's clear as a bell, the new age movement is not only BS, but is the religion that the imperialist new world order is ATTEMPTING to push on the people. Like so many others, more than you nuagers would probably admit, I know it's bullsh!t pushed by bullsh!tters. 

Ching, ching, do have fun with your fetid stew pot of appropriated beliefs, the culture vultures you are. I leave this place, but we will catch you freaks at other locations. Thunder Bow please feel free to stick that little pony shield, war bonnet and the whole of spirit mountain up yer pooter, girl.

Remember, where you think we ain't, we are.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 am

Wisa'ka wrote:
    mac wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:

One might wonder why there's such a seemingly irresistible urge to repeatedly return to such an unimportant - and accepting - website as this, to revel in pointing out the shortcomings, and upcoming demise, of the so-called New Age ('nuage'!) when it's suggested it's unimportant
    anyway.
    You're right, mac. In regards to these nuage forums, I should of taken the hint previously offered by spiritualforums.com. Even way back then when I was making an attempt to be civil if not pleasant, people treated me like a untouchable. By the time I arrived here it had already gone bad. What's the f#cking point in ever coming back to a place where people who go on so much about love and light, hate me in the darkest manner. As long as somebody is cult fodder, he or she is in, but a free thinking individual is deemed trouble. At first I was optimistic, but now it's clear as a bell, the new age movement is not only BS, but is the religion that the imperialist new world order is ATTEMPTING to push on the people. Like so many others, more than you nuagers would probably admit, I know it's bullsh!t pushed by bullsh!tters. 

Ching, ching, do have fun with your fetid stew pot of appropriated beliefs, the culture vultures you are. I leave this place, but we will catch you freaks at other locations. Thunder Bow please feel free to stick that little pony shield, war bonnet and the whole of spirit mountain up yer pooter, girl.

Remember, where you think we ain't, we are.
    nice guy.....  Wonder how long it will be before he's irresistibly drawn back here again?
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Good Question Mac. I hope he never comes back. You can not argue with Paranoia. We do not need him here.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Does he really think people hate him, I don't recall anyone saying so, poor guy I wish he'd settle in and realise the world isn't his enemy, I just came from the other thread.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:This is big. Watch this video to see what I mean.

https://youtu.be/SJplUvphGH4

Name calling such as "Plastic Shaman" is an excellent example.
    How about Swedish flute playing wannabees, Gerald?

http://forums.fluteportal.com/index.php?showuser=314
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Wisa'ka wrote:

"Gerard"? better read what you posted closer LOL!. By the way welcome back! We knew you would return. You can't stay away can you?
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:

"Gerard"? better read what you posted closer LOL!. By the way welcome back! We knew you would return. You can't stay away can you? I viewed "Gerard's" profile, and thanks for the interesting native flute forum link, I might register there.
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male

Post  Wisa'ka Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Wisa'ka wrote:

Hey Gerald where did you see Gerard? I've already taken screen shots just in case someone thinks about changing things around, my little Swedish meatball.
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Wisa'ka wrote:
    Wisa'ka wrote:

Hey Gerald where did you see Gerard? I've already taken screen shots just in case someone thinks about changing things around, my little Swedish meatball.
     Click on your own link, you fool! The Profile says "GERARD"
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male

Post  Thunder Bow Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:42 pm

I was re-reading the book "Seven Arrows" while camping here near the Grand Canyon. The arguments presented above reminded me so much of the past American Election cycle and Donald Trump. So much misinformation and non-truths. In the above posts no one really understands what "New Age" is and yet to pass judgements. No one really read "Seven Arrows" to know what was even written in the book. Ignorance, and blindness, just like in hateful politics. What is the real truth? I say read the book, sturdy the New Age concepts, Then study Native American History, before rushing to judgement. Same goes for politics.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:23 pm