Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
SpiritVoices
Auras
innerlight
Detlef
Violet
9 posters

Ill health

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Ill health Empty Ill health

Post  Violet Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:24 pm

I find it very hard when the nicest of people are struck down by some terrible illness, often people who have done all that they can to keep healthy (not that i'd wish it on others (nice or not,)) it also amazes me how so many mediums and healers seem to suffer chronic health conditions, some seem to think this is to increase their empathy, i'm not sure I believe that, is ill health random?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Ill health Empty Re: Ill health

Post  Detlef Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:49 pm

As a Daoist master said, only give what you can spare.
    And I have said more then once, if you try to heal from your own energy, you will eventually fall ill.
    The same if you help others, through the so called empathy, not only will you deplete your energy you will pick up energies you'd rather not pick up.
    We all have choices, as long we make informed choices.
    We can help beyond your abilities if we want, as long we know what we are in for. And besides, if someone dies before their time, it's not the end.
    It's only one life time.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Violet wrote:

I find it very hard when the nicest of people are struck down by some terrible illness, often people who have done all that they can to keep healthy (not that i'd wish it on others (nice or not,)) it also amazes me how so many mediums and healers seem to suffer chronic health conditions, some seem to think this is to increase their empathy, i'm not sure I believe that, is ill health random?

There are some people that are more prone to illness who end up getting sick frequently. But without knowing them one would just be speculating on anything that could be the culprit.

In most cases I'm sure the defense of the individual could be low from diet, or well being that they can easily catch a cold. I'm sure in today's society not many take care of themselves on a daily basis. We are always on the go and so our health suffers from it. Not to mention those that refuse to take the down time to heal themselves when they are sick. They continue to keep going and going and end up prolonging their sickness and recovery time. 

Healers and mediums that are prone to sickness, more than likely are taking on an energy they shouldn't. Instead of being a conduit they are taking it on, and it's not passing through them. This, is probably more common in healers than in mediums.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Yes. Some people get ill frequently. Not many though. I see it as the fact that they are changing physically, emotionally and physical and because their body isn't use to all the negative emotions that are about that it may seem to create some sort of illness. I do believe people get an illness due to lack of taking care of ones self or not even bothering.

But the main question is. If that is the reason why do they moan when they've caused it them selves?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.

And I have said more then once, if you try to heal from your own energy, you will eventually fall ill.
    I've heard so many people say healing left them completely drained and washed out, this will be why.

Not to mention those that refuse to take the down time to heal themselves when they are sick.
    Mothers in particular are guilty of this.

Instead of being a conduit they are taking it on, and it's not passing through them.
    They are (or should be) a channel only.

why do they moan when they've caused it them selves?
    When people get into such a situation they can't see this and even if it's pointed out to them they won't accept it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 am

My husband was diagnosed with cancer.    He was one of the kindest men out.
    He never harmed anyone in his life.   My daughter and son and my grandchildren accepted him as their father and grandfather even though he was not.

So why should he end up with one of the nastiest diseases ever?
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 am

:banghead: Like joan my husband passed with cancer he was 44,he was the kindest man that ever walked this earth his job was helping people deal with disasters,he was fit he played rugby football and cricket,the doctors didnt take much notice when he started coughing all the time,until i interviened and said i want an xray done,thay was the start of it,the doctors said it wasnt bad.so then i went into fight mode.i fight everything doctors i told them to go back into training they knew nothing.i took the hospital on for filthy wards.i sued them and i won, i myself have always helped others ive had over 30 surgeries. i am a medium and a counsellor and im also a councellor.ive not had it easy.some people have a good life but im not one of them.

Namaste
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:23 am

Strangely talking about this subject,I had word today that my old neighbour of 96 years old passed away yesterday.  Sorry to go off topic but she was healthy,always full of compassion for others and extremely always cheerful.
    Talking to last Monday,she seemed in excellent health.

Suddenly she is gone!   Was it her time?   She has never had spiritual healing.

Just...gone!
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 am

What's more important, I feel, than doing all you can to 'keep healthy' (by which I take it you mean good food and exercise) is the mindset we have.  

I have been a full time carer here for my mother for 2 years and haven't gone down with anything physical...just stressed, understandably. Perhaps the odd cold but that's it. To put it into a wider context, before moving in with her I was also very stable physically, i.e. am rarely ill.  I am not particularly virtuous in my living habits - althought I eat fairly healthily (cook a lot from scratch + take vit/min supplement) I do overeat and am a crispaholic! I am overweight, just do a gesture of stretching exercises occasionally and have a genetic lung disorder.

What I do have, however, is a positive mindset; I am focused on not dwelling on negativities - quick to restore my equilibrium and count my blessings.  I think maybe this keeps the immune system from being depleted. If you look at illnesses through a metaphysical appraisal, then so many illnesses have the initial beginnings in unhealthy/unhelpful thoughts and emotions.

Oh also, I have a developed sense of humour which I think helps keeps life in perspective (or in perspex as I used to mistakenly say!)   :blush:  The ability to laugh at oneself is very balancing - staves off getting too intense.  :rainbow: 

Regarding healing and becoming ill.  I understand that some healers may not be drawing their energy from outside themselves to do this.  If this is the case then they are more prone to being drained.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello

I so feel that we come in with a Soul contract in place and as sad as it is we might well choose the issues we have in our life path for that experience.  I lost me Dad when I was 25 planning me wedding....here one minute gone the next.  Never sick a day in his life...then gone.  Why that was I know now held a great life path meaning for me. I never got married yet I am with the mate 32 years now. It was the best pre wedding present I could have ever got....in not getting married I never gave up me that individual identity I have.  I can say to the In Laws I am "NOT" family and leave me alone.  The kids we have feels its a blessing to have me last name with them, it is a name not tainted by the greed of money and power. 

Many healers and the like do this work for a living and at times I have come to find that maybe the spiritual meaning behind it all is missing a step or two.  It becomes work that might not be fully done from the heart or highest and greatest place of good.  Its about balance in making a living and giving freely back at times.  The bottom line is yes, we have to make a living but too we have to remember that we were choose to have these "gifts" and that is a great blessing and a curse at times upon us.  

I know someone that comes to me daily in energy that is now 97 that has been asking to go for 13 years now daily, but this person did something that is haunting them and thus I feel keeping them here to make peace with that event.  They hold that power to correct a wrong...as the health is good.  Will that happen as time is not on their side now ??? Time will show that.  I bless the person daily when they come to me that a peaceful death will come but one can not give death to another.  This is not a nice person but there is always hope that there can be a change before they go.

Lynn
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey. Voices.

Regarding your last statement. I believe people pass over when its their time. We have an amount of time on earth/or we have fullfilled our lifes purpose then its time for us to start a new life.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:10 pm

Exactly Auras......I had a very firm feeling that her time had arrived.
    She never showed any sign of illness apart from an injury to her toe which was caused by an accident....so why suddenly should she have a heart attack?
    Checked by the doctor for a regular check up,told her heart and any other organ was fine except for old age creeping up...

I reckon it was her time.....to say 'Good Bye'......
    Auras

Male

Post  Auras Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Death works in mysterious ways

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Will be burying a family member on Friday

just trying to leave those vibes off of the forum
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Mr.Whitmore wrote:Will be burying a family member on Friday

just trying to leave those vibes off of the forum

Sorry to hear that...must be a difficult time and coming so close to Christmas too.
    Hope it doesn't impact on you too heavily.  :love: 
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:47 pm