Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

native investigation - a patch of dirt

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

native investigation - a patch of dirt Empty Re: native investigation - a patch of dirt

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:44 pm

avianscepter wrote:There was a patch of dirt in Las Vegas that used to be a Paiute Indian Burial ground with a small group of trailers on top of the hill.  There is a Mormon trading post across from it but that reservation no longer exists and nobody can seem to recall it because they were not in Las Vegas for a long period of time.  It was there in the 1970s, but not now.  What did they do with the bodies?  They are just bones in a pile of dirt.  I guess that is sacred ground to the dead because it is a form of cemetery.
    You see the problem with ANY type of cemetery is the dead paid for a piece of ground to be buried in.  Whatever the payment, it was paid for and it is a violation of land ownership to take away the paid ground from the dead.  That is probably why the natives are paid back by the US government because their dead paid for the ground they rested on and the US government said.. "Whoops"  I will pay you a little bit of money for your suffering of your violated dead.
    How about this then?   I have an American friend who married a Native American but I don't want to put her story on here.   Will PM you if that is ok?
    Basically she got a raw deal when her husband died....

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:47 pm