Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ameliorate
OldGoat
6 posters

Homeopathy

OldGoat

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-05-14

Homeopathy Empty Homeopathy

Post  OldGoat Wed May 14, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm thinking of studying homeopathy - does anyone know anything about it? 

I'm engaging with it for myself as part of my healing journey, it's about treating the person as a whole.   But i would love to know more.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Homeopathy Empty Re: Homeopathy

Post  ameliorate Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm

I don't mean to sound negative but - in the interests of truth - do you know of the latest
    findings on homeopathy?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/homeopathy-is-bunk-study-says
    OldGoat

Post  OldGoat Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 pm

ameliorate wrote:I don't mean to sound negative but - in the interests of truth - do you know of the latest
    findings on homeopathy?
    Agh.  No.   I didn't know that.   Thank you.   

The course I'm looking at is a bit more broadbased than straightforwards classic homeopathy.   It covers self development, and nutrition, and spirituality - the elemental aspect - so it sounds interesting .   There are things that work - tho - arnica for bruises?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes arnica works very well for bruises, I swear by it, also a lot of other homoeopathy remedies like Rhus Tox. Follow your heart and if you believe so will your clients and they will reap the benefits.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed May 14, 2014 10:16 pm

OldGoat wrote:I'm thinking of studying homeopathy - does anyone know anything about it? 

I'm engaging with it for myself as part of my healing journey, it's about treating the person as a whole.   But i would love to know more.
    I suggest learning about the different types available, some may have an adverse effect on pregnant women or with those who may take legal drugs as medication for their health issues, chronic or otherwise. I always have a bottle of Bach's Rescue Remedy as well as the cream in my cupboard.
    Good luck.
    OldGoat

Post  OldGoat Wed May 14, 2014 10:20 pm

skye wrote:
    OldGoat wrote:I'm thinking of studying homeopathy - does anyone know anything about it? 

I suggest learning about the different types available, some may have an adverse effect on pregnant women or with those who may take legal drugs as medication for their health issues, chronic or otherwise. I always have a bottle of Bach's Rescue Remedy as well as the cream in my cupboard.
    Good luck.
    Oh absolutely thank you.   There are so many things that you have to be wary of.

Bachs rescue remedy has been a lifesaver on many occasions.   I wolf down the pastilles in an emergency.
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm

ameliorate wrote:I don't mean to sound negative but - in the interests of truth - do you know of the latest
    findings on homeopathy?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/08/homeopathy-is-bunk-study-says
    This may not be as true as it first appears ameliorate. The pharmaceutical company's as well as the medical profession and governments will say anything in order that they don't lose out on the revenue. Their intention is to make money their interest is not to make people well.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Thu May 15, 2014 12:47 am

Crystal wrote:Yes arnica works very well for bruises, I swear by it, also a lot of other homoeopathy remedies like Rhus Tox. Follow your heart and if you believe so will your clients and they will reap the benefits.
    Yes.  Arnica is actually a toxic herb but is obviously very diluted for use in homeopathy.  You can buy arnica cream (which I use) for bruises.

I personally found no effect at all when I tried homeopathy.  I found it disappointing and the thought of a placebo effect
    seemed to fit.  I have heard that homeopathy works better on children than adults.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Thu May 15, 2014 7:37 am

Homeopathy has helped me in the past where the average Doc did not and has failed.
    The same goes for Osteopathy
    skye

Female

Post  skye Thu May 15, 2014 10:26 am

I have found Homeopathy to be worthwhile too for myself and family members. It has also had good results on my dogs, both present and passed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Wed May 21, 2014 1:53 am

Yes i've heard it works for animals too, and also that youi can use the flower remedies on them but PLEASE double check before dosing your pets with the rescue remedies in case I heard wrong

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

If people want to use them on their pets then the best place to start is here

http://www.bachflower.com/rescue-remedy-pet/
    skye

Female

Post  skye Wed May 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Violet wrote:Yes i've heard it works for animals too, and also that youi can use the flower remedies on them but PLEASE double check before dosing your pets with the rescue remedies in case I heard wrong
    I doubt you have heard wrong Violet. Using them on the dogs that have passed gave me inspiration and encouragement to use them on my present pet. I do agree though it is very important to check the exact dosage on alternative remedies whether they are used on animals or humans.
    OldGoat

Post  OldGoat Sat May 24, 2014 9:20 am

The course was great and inspiritational - and a future without the need for anti-xxx drugs - well that is amazing.  

I'm waiting for results on my damaged fingers - I have a couple of trigger fingers and they hurt as if there is no tomorrow.   but, apparently homeopathy can help!

I'm wanting to take it further.  I hope I can.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content