Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

AfterLIfe Discussion

UniversalSoul
    UniversalSoul
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2014-06-29

AfterLIfe Discussion Empty AfterLIfe Discussion

Post  UniversalSoul Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Do you believe in an actual afterlife? (heaven, underworld,etc.) OR do you see it as ascension and the astral, higher dimesnions and/or going back to source? I want to read your opinions, I personally believe the ascension, source, etc.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

AfterLIfe Discussion Empty Re: AfterLIfe Discussion

Post  mac Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 pm

UniversalSoul wrote:Do you believe in an actual afterlife? (heaven, underworld,etc.) OR do you see it as ascension and the astral, higher dimesnions and/or going back to source? I want to read your opinions, I personally believe the ascension, source, etc.

I don't know what 'ascension' means but I look at things this way.  Before we came here we lived in one, more and probably many dimensions, to some of which we'll return after we finish our current stint here.  I don't much mind what name they're given. 

As we experience more and more from lives incarnate we progress spiritually as a result of what we learn from our experiences.  In totality we left the source at some inconceivable point in the past and we will merge again with it in some unfathomable point in the future. (using the regular human meanings of past and future)  Other than when living here we won't have physical, human forms.
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Post  Detlef Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 am

The term "ascension" would have to be clarified. We certainly came from source and will return at some point.
    How we progress and move trough the densities can be described in different ways.
    There are barriers between certain densities and this brake through from one to the next could be termed "ascension".
    Arbel
    Arbel

Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2012-10-30

Post  Arbel Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:55 pm

The word ascension is basically about rising up to a higher vibration when we have achieved the level of spirituality that is required of us. The underworld does not refer to the word (hell) but there are the dark regions where spirits are sent to repent there evil ways; actually the word (hell) is a manmade concept that never existed  

Arbel

mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm

I understand spiritual progression if that's synonymous with ascension but it sounds rather grand for something we all do in time anyway...  

Teachers and guides have taught that we gradually move from one so-called level to the next as our individual spiritual progress takes place.  There are no barriers through which we need to break but rather there's a natural and gradual movement from one to the next at the appropriate 'time'.

I completely reject the mainstream religious idea that we're required to achieve any specific spiritual status or that anyone is sent to the lower levels, the so-called dark regions or 'hell' as some think of it.  The level to which we each will go is one that reflects our personal, spiritual progression.
    Arbel
    Arbel

Post  Arbel Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Everyone has their own opinions Mac and I will not change or argue about what I have stated as I know it is the truth as I have lived with it for a long time and I did have a fleeting glimpse of the darker regions

Arbel

mac

Male

Post  mac Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Arbel wrote:Everyone has their own opinions Mac and I will not change or argue about what I have stated as I know it is the truth as I have lived with it for a long time and I did have a fleeting glimpse of the darker regions

Arbel

I'm not going to argue or change my position about what I've written either, Bill, as I know it is the truth and have lived with it for a long time.  There is no arcane knowledge, no personal access to a truth that others may not yet share.  Yet some feel there is; it's the nature of humankind.

What I said about the so-called dark regions was perfectly clear and I didn't even hint that you haven't had a glimpse.  I have too but neither yours nor mine impacts on what I wrote earlier.
    Arbel
    Arbel

Post  Arbel Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Like I said Mac everyone has their own opinions

Arbel

Spirit of Light
    Spirit of Light

Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

Post  Spirit of Light Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:12 pm

mac wrote:I understand spiritual progression if that's synonymous with ascension but it sounds rather grand for something we all do in time anyway... 

Teachers and guides have taught that we gradually move from one so-called level to the next as our individual spiritual progress takes place.  There are no barriers through which we need to break but rather there's a natural and gradual movement from one to the next at the appropriate 'time

I agree with your points :) internet teachers and guides mostly. It's hard to find definite evidence though,

I completely reject the mainstream religious idea that we're required to achieve any specific spiritual status or that anyone is sent to the lower levels, the so-called dark regions or 'hell' as some think of it.  The level to which we each will go is one that reflects our personal, spiritual progression.

Again I agree, but what mainstream religions are you talking about please?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:
    mac wrote:I understand spiritual progression if that's synonymous with ascension but it sounds rather grand for something we all do in time anyway... 

Teachers and guides have taught that we gradually move from one so-called level to the next as our individual spiritual progress takes place.  There are no barriers through which we need to break but rather there's a natural and gradual movement from one to the next at the appropriate 'time

I agree with your points :) internet teachers and guides mostly. It's hard to find definite evidence though,

Again I agree, but what mainstream religions are you talking about please?
    my mistake 

The sentence should have read: "I completely reject the idea that we're required to achieve any specific spiritual status or  that anyone is sent to the lower levels, the so-called dark regions or mainstream religious 'hell' as some think of it."

Incorrect word order and the wrong associations - sorry.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Spirit of Light wrote:

It's my stance that I'm comfortable to be persuaded by the guidance of teachers whose ideas appeal to my reason.  For issues such as I've mentioned above it's going to be near-impossible to find actual evidence of the mechanism as, in general, we're unable to intereact with discarnates who have experienced them and moved beyond our contact with them. 

I have to rely on guidance but not the ideas of self-appointed web gurus whose authority is open to challenge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:41 am