Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Can things emerge from your dreams?

Markiejeann
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2014-10-04

dreams - Can things emerge from your dreams?  Empty Can things emerge from your dreams?

Post  Markiejeann Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:49 am

Hopefully this is in the correct forum. Lately I've been having issues meditating when I haven't before. I've always had a feeling that something or one is watching me, which that isn't an abnormal feeling, many have it. A few weeks ago, I finally say what was watching me. I had a very realistic dream of this dark creature like thing leaning over me. It was all black, elongated arms and face, with big eyes. I was extremely fearful and couldn't move or talk. Now when I try to meditate I can see myself in 3rd person and see this black figure not far from me. When I'm walking alone in the dark I feel it's presents riding my back. Anytime I'm alone or in the dark I can feel it. I'm starting to become emotional when alone with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and being scared. Anyone have a similar issue? Any advice?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

dreams - Can things emerge from your dreams?  Empty Re: Can things emerge from your dreams?

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:41 am

I'm not much upon this but it does seem like a very nasty nightmare,but it is coming into meditations?

That seems something needs to be done about it.     

Anyone else help this new member,please?
    Crystal
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

dreams - Can things emerge from your dreams?  Empty Re: Can things emerge from your dreams?

Post  Crystal Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Markiejeann wrote:Hopefully this is in the correct forum. Lately I've been having issues meditating when I haven't before. I've always had a feeling that something or one is watching me, which that isn't an abnormal feeling, many have it. A few weeks ago, I finally say what was watching me. I had a very realistic dream of this dark creature like thing leaning over me. It was all black, elongated arms and face, with big eyes. I was extremely fearful and couldn't move or talk. Now when I try to meditate I can see myself in 3rd person and see this black figure not far from me. When I'm walking alone in the dark I feel it's presents riding my back. Anytime I'm alone or in the dark I can feel it. I'm starting to become emotional when alone with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and being scared. Anyone have a similar issue? Any advice?
    Have you seen Game of Thrones by any chance? It sounds like the black being that killed Renly?

What procedure do you use for meditating? Do you use and grounding or protection or prayer before or after?

I think it is important to put dreams and meditation all into perspective as they can stimulate feelings of fear and hysteria and lead to paranoia, which is a normal effect when we feel we are threatened by the unknown. You sound like you are getting depressed about this too. Do you have someone in real life that you can talk these feelings over with? Perhaps your gp a close friend or parent? It is important not to get carried away as that won't do you any good at all.
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Well, I have believed this for a long time, and so have many others. For instance, in The Canterbury Tales, in the Nun's Priest's tale, it is about Chantaclear (bad spelling) the rooster, who has a dream about a monster in the woods. The next day, Chantaclear goes in the woods, and a fox is there. The fox eventually tries to kill Chantaclear; his dream came true. Even people who wrote in middle English believed this. I think it's the fact that you feared it that allowed it into your real life. I hope someone of more use can help.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:12 am