Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Violet
ameliorate
6 posters

Inbetween worlds....being prepared?

ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Inbetween worlds....being prepared? Empty Inbetween worlds....being prepared?

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:15 pm

My mum (who has dementia) has recently been having dreams where she is visited by dead relatives.
    When she wakes up she can't believe they are dead and is finding it hard to assimilate the waking world
    with her dream world. 

A doctor has recently told me that she is unlikely to leave hospital - where she currently is, recovering
    from pinning a broken hipbone.  She has a blocked heart valve and it could clog over completely at any
    time.  She is 94.

I am wondering if she is being prepared for the after life or whether these dreams of interacting with "dead"
    relatives holds no deep significance.  If not, why is she finding it hard to separate the dream

world from the waking world?  This is not a symptom of dementia that I know about.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Inbetween worlds....being prepared? Empty Re: Inbetween worlds....being prepared?

Post  Violet Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Ameliorate, I would take a little comfort from this, I feel that your mum is being gently prepared by these visits, perhaps rather than trying to separate the two they are helping her to merge them together in readiness, so her passing will be as easy as possible, I don't know how common it is with dementia patients to dream about the deceased, but it is very common to refer to often long dead people in their waking life.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Inbetween worlds....being prepared? Empty Re: Inbetween worlds....being prepared?

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks Violet...you have confirmed what my intuition has been telling me on this.  Whilst it is
    sad to know she is obviously nearing the end of her life here, sadder still is that she doesn't
    believe in the afterlife and firmly denies it - looking at me like I suggest the devil is real.  This
    seems to be a common misconception and association with those that believe in spirits.
    Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2027
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I find this very hard to put into words.

I feel this she is getting ready to pass, She does not know which is waking and which is a dream because in spirit it does not exist... it is pure consciousness. She is seeing dead relatives, it is not a dream, she is actually in the spirit world but keeps coming back on fourth, She will fully let go once physically body gives up.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Yes Auras...thanks for your post.  I also feel they are real visits (perhaps on the astral plane) that she is having and
    that she is being prepared.
    I try not to think about it too much since it is upsetting.  I would love that she
    finds a new faith in the afterlife before she dies....at any rate she will soon find out that it is not the end but a
    transition.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:06 pm

How is she now, Amy?   Was thinking of her today.....
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Oh thanks for your thoughts.  She seems to be on the mend now, i.e. back in the room as they say.
    Starting to take her first few steps but in pain still (from pinning her hipbone operation).  All being
    well she should be back at the nursing home shortly.  Her granddaughter visited her today which lights her up!
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Good,I'm pleased to hear that...about passing over.  To put your mind at rest about passing over....you will know when her time comes.  She may start about talking about passed relatives which she has started to do.  
    Seeing them etc...She may even ask if you can see them?  

Mum actually said that her brother was coming to remove her and take her 'home'.
    'From this nasty place' The nasty place was the 'home'.
    That was mum's comment...

Another little remark he made while in hospital,I asked how he knew it was his brother across the ward.   The answer was....'he looks-like me' :asmile:
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 pm

I would have to agree with other opinions on this amy,your mother is being prepared for crossing over, my aunt was in hospital all the family were there because we knew her time was coming she looked at me and told me my uncle her brother was looking smart in his uniform,he was killed at the end of the second world war, she told me my brother was being looked after by my grandmother.my cousins thought she was hallucinating ,but she knew I knew different that's why she told me,two days later she passed peacefully. it gave her great comfort knowing that she wouldn't be alone .

Namaste
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Yes Native Spirit....I sensed that this is what is was - hence the title of this thread.  She seems
    to have the odd day or 2 when she is fully back here, i.e. as usual/normal but today my sister
    said she was not really here again.  I take heart from the gentle way that the other world is
    introduced into this reality....paving the way.  It would please me to hear that she now believes
    in the afterlife.  When I last spoke to her about this (a few months ago) she was adamant that
    I was wrong and looked at me very disapprovingly, like I was demonised!
    Steve22

Male
    Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post  Steve22 Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:59 am

ameliorate wrote:My mum (who has dementia) has recently been having dreams where she is visited by dead relatives.
    When she wakes up she can't believe they are dead and is finding it hard to assimilate the waking world
    with her dream world. 

A doctor has recently told me that she is unlikely to leave hospital - where she currently is, recovering
    from pinning a broken hipbone.  She has a blocked heart valve and it could clog over completely at any
    time.  She is 94.

I am wondering if she is being prepared for the after life or whether these dreams of interacting with "dead"
    relatives holds no deep significance.  If not, why is she finding it hard to separate the dream

world from the waking world?  This is not a symptom of dementia that I know about.

I think that yes, she is being prepared for dying.  However, I'm sure some would disagree and say they are just dreams.  In a way, having worked with those suffering from dementia, I think the whole thing is a sort of gearing up for the dying process as many of the patients at the hospital I worked in saw or heard dead relatives. Of course the staff simply took these experiences as caused by neurological malfunction but I don't buy that explanation myself
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 am

Steve22 wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:My mum (who has dementia) has recently been having dreams where she is visited by dead relatives.
    with her dream world. 

time.  She is 94.

I think that yes, she is being prepared for dying.  However, I'm sure some would disagree and say they are just dreams.  In a way, having worked with those suffering from dementia, I think the whole thing is a sort of gearing up for the dying process as many of the patients at the hospital I worked in saw or heard dead relatives. Of course the staff simply took these experiences as caused by neurological malfunction but I don't buy that explanation myself
    My mother did!  She suffered from Dimension   Always kept saying a relative was coming to take her home....she hated the home,mind!   Not quite sure whether this relates to the case in hand but she did pass over several days later.
    Spelling mistakes....still not awake yet... :blush:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:32 pm