Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Becoming Old

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Becoming Old Empty Becoming Old

Post  Violet Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Does this scare, worry or concern you? What concerns me about it is that a lot of the kids of today have no concern or respect for the elderly in fact many delight in terrorising them :rant: Does this worry you about becoming old, the dangers? Or is it becoming frail, poorly or alone, obviously this doesn't happen to all and many old people enjoy a fantastic lifestyle.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Becoming Old Empty Re: Becoming Old

Post  Rainbow Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 am

I used to work in a nursing hom (still do from time to time) and some of the things I saw down there made me feel like screaming sometimes. The elderly residents themselves were enough to put up with some were violent and others just sat there suffering in silence. But what annoyed me the most a lot of the time was the fact that a lot of them didn't have visitors. There was one in particular who never had any until her family found out she was dying and then they didn't turn up until she'd passed and had the nerve to cry and expect sympathy :rant: . Getting old doesn't worry me but being forgotten about does sometimes. Passing over doesn't worry me either but what upsets me about knowing that one day my time will come is the fact that I'm going to be leaving my daughter behind and that kind of crushes me inside. As for the younger generations getting off on terrorising the elderly...by the time we're all old the laws will have changed again and they won't dare terrorise for fear of being locked up.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 am

I really hope the laws do change...as things are can things get any worse

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Becoming Old Empty Growing old

Post  kazandlee Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 am

This Frightens me, i dont want to grow old, but its all part of life, i see my parents growing old, i see my self now and i can remember when i was there age, this may seen negative to you folks, but i would sooner give my self both barrels of my gun than lose my facalties. Becoming Old 609912

Lee
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm

I don't think it is, you're being honest, some old people are cared for really well but a lot aren't, i'm scared of growing old and becoming dependant on others.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 pm

I am a firm believer that sh** happens, and so does old age, Becoming Old 809779 I don't look forward to it (especially since I have so many aches and pains already), but have accepted the fact that I am either going to grow old or die. The important thing is to put as much growth as possible into the years I have.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 am

I knew a 94 year old lady once, she was as fit as a fiddle and used to walk for miles, really sprightly, if I get old like that i'd enjoy old age

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817

Post  innerlight Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 am

I have no problem with it... Life like all things must come to an end.

It's just a shame that some don't get the pleasure of living out their life in peace. Some lose their minds, or go crazy, and get shoved in a nursing home.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol

Post  Rainbow Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:21 am

I knew an old lady once when I was in the home, she was lovely. She had some form of dementia where she lived in the past and kept looking for her husband. If I had to pick a way of being when I get to that age I'd obviously opt for keeping all my marbles and functions first but if that was not to be then I think I'd like to live in the past. What I'd like to know though is.... Does the spirit know whats happening or does the body take over if you see what I mean. Is it just the body giving up and having malfunctions (for want of a better word) or does the spirit get confused as well?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Rainbow wrote:I knew an old lady once when I was in the home, she was lovely. She had some form of dementia where she lived in the past and kept looking for her husband. If I had to pick a way of being when I get to that age I'd obviously opt for keeping all my marbles and functions first but if that was not to be then I think I'd like to live in the past. What I'd like to know though is.... Does the spirit know whats happening or does the body take over if you see what I mean. Is it just the body giving up and having malfunctions (for want of a better word) or does the spirit get confused as well?

Hi Rainbow I believe the spirit is completely unaffected, it's just bodily degenration.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:13 am

I would much rather have my mind give up than have my body fail, leaving my sound mind locked up inside a worthless body. At least if it was my mind that went, I wouldn't know any better...or even care.
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Becoming Old Empty Thanks

Post  kazandlee Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:23 pm

1antique wrote:I would much rather have my mind give up than have my body fail, leaving my sound mind locked up inside a worthless body. At least if it was my mind that went, I wouldn't know any better...or even care.

I have to say, that makes perfect sense to me.

Lee.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:06 pm