Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Herkimer Diamond

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Herkimer Diamond Empty Herkimer Diamond

Post  Violet Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 am

Has anyone got any? If so what do you use it for? I'm trying to get some but whene I set out to get some something happened to stop me :banghead:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Herkimer Diamond Empty Re: Herkimer Diamond

Post  Violet Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 am

It doesn't look much different to clear quartz, how will I know i've got the real thing?

Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Herkimer Diamond Empty Here you go Violet

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 am

Small bits are clear like quartz. Larger bits have smoky occlusions in it. The stone is good for creativity and attunement.The smaller stone is very powerful for stimulating your conciouss attunement to the highest levels. It clears the chakras and opens channels.It is also good for recognising blockages to your spiritual growth in this life cycle by helping you access past life information. If you and another have this stone each it enhances telepathy. On the Healing side this stone detoxifies, treats contactible diseases, corrects cellular disorders and metabollic imbalances. Its also relieves stress and tension from the body.
    It should be worn only for a short time as a necklace or earrings. It works well when placed at the base of the spine.
    The larger smoky Herkimer Diamond has strong grounding properties that heals the earth chakras, clears electromagnetic pollution and geopathic stress.
    I guess you will know for definite once you use it Violet
    (Reworded by SB)
    Huggles x :treehug:
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Herkimer Diamond Empty Herkimer Diamonds -What are they?

Post  1antique Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 am

I had heard of Herkimer Diamonds before, but were unsure of what they were, so.......

Herkimer Diamond Bbba1d54-685a-4320-8c93-0f9c5c4d521a.SmallContributor
    By Kim Kenney
    eHow Contributing Writer Rate: Herkimer Diamond Stars_3_0 (0 Ratings)

A Herkimer diamond is not a diamond at all. It is a clear quartz crystal that is found only near the upstate New York town of Herkimer. They are called "diamonds" because they have the appearance of a hand-cut diamond, even though they are naturally occurring crystals. The Herkimer Diamond Mine first opened to the public in 1955, but the crystals themselves are over 500 million years old.

Appearance

Some believe Herkimer Diamonds closely resemble "diamonds in the rough" which are glass-like stones before they are cut. Although a Herkimer diamond is almost as hard as a diamond, it is still classified as a crystal. A typical Herkimer diamond has 18 faces, giving it the appearance of a cut diamond.

Geology

Herkimer diamonds are found in dolomite rock, a layer of limestone that was created millions of years ago when New York State was the floor of a shallow ocean. Many layers of sedimentary rock covered the region. During the Ice Age, glaciers pushed through the region. As the vast sheets of ice began to melt, water washed away some of the rock and exposed the dolomite rock that contains Herkimer diamonds.

Inclusions

Some Herkimer Diamonds have liquid or solid pockets inside them called "inclusions." Studies have shown that some of these liquid pockets contain saltwater, proving that the region was covered by an ocean as the crystals were forming.

Discovery

It is not known when the first Herkimer diamonds were discovered. There is evidence that Native Americans in the region used them to create tools and weapons. The first published accounts of Herkimer diamonds were by college professors in the early 1800s.

Prospecting

The first prospectors came to the region by the 1870s. Around that time, when the road which would become Route 28 was blasted, workers found thousands of Herkimer diamonds. Because mineralogists determined they were not real diamonds, most locals paid little attention to them.

Herkimer Diamond Mines

A farmer opened the land that would become the Herkimer Diamond Mines in 1955. He allowed prospectors to take any crystals they found. Over the years, different farmers owned the land. Prospectors would leave a dollar in the mailbox as a "digging fee." As interest in Herkimer diamonds grew, a group of investors purchased the property and began developing it into a tourist attraction.

Development

Today the Herkimer diamond is prized among gem and mineral collectors. People come from all over the world to prospect at the Herkimer Diamond Mines. To prevent depletion of the crystals, there are some restrictions in place today. Visitors are prohibited from using power tools and heavy sledgehammers to extract Herkimer diamonds. The present site features a KOA campground, museum, jewelry store and several restaurants.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5050172_herkimer-diamond.html
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Herkimer Diamond Empty Herkimer Diamond - Spiritual Attributes

Post  1antique Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 am

With a long list of attributes that make them valuable to anyone who uses crystals in conjunction with their spiritual work, 'Herks' are reputed to induce joy, inspire independence, improve every type of relationship, make it easier to access the higher spiritual realms, and enhance everything that happens in the dream state. If you take the time to experiment, what you discover about these unique crystals will show you exactly why these properties have been attached to them. Herkimer Diamond Crystal_article3
    Most of the people who collect Herkimer Diamonds place more value on the clear ones. There's a lot to be said for clarity. Life in this dimension is so unclear, crystalline perfection reminds us of what we could be and offers some proof that that level of attainment actually exists. Flawless 'Herks' embody something God-like — and they are precious because they reveal to us what we long for and have yet to identify within our selves.
    When I began working with Herkimer's the clear ones drew me in at first — but in the process of mining for them and handling them, I became more attracted to the so-called 'flawed' specimens without knowing why. It later occurred to me that if the clear 'Herks' gave me glimpses of perfection, the included crystals showed me how much I need to work on before I reach that state. Every mirror and internal fracture seemed to provide me with information about my own flaws and revealed so much about what lies hidden in me, each crystal became a teacher of sorts — and all I had to do was hold one to download the lesson.
    I can tell you that their capacity to "induce joy" is immediate. This may seem like a small thing but, as Abraham says, "Joy is the main point of attraction" for everything in Creation. Anything that induces joy is priceless. This feeling is the first thing you become aware of when you start playing around with 'Herks'- try jumping into one and you'll see what I am talking about. These crystals not only hold the Joy frequency, they willingly offer it up just so that we can that tune our selves to that vibration.
    If Herkimer Diamonds "inspire independence" it is because they embody it. Unlike other crystals, each one of them is formed free of any matrix. They are born whole and complete, within themselves. This state of absolute independence appears to contradict their ability to "improve every type of relationship" — but we can't be one with anything until we are one within ourselves. Seen in that light, what seems contradictory becomes more of a paradox, because 'Herks' hold space for the desire to stand alone as readily as they enhance the desire to be one with other. Creating a sense of attunement and harmony within any kind of relationship, whether it be the one we have with God, with ourselves, with our significant other, with life and our fellow man, or with the people who come to us for healing, is important right now — and that's what these little super heroes do better than any other crystal formation. Herkimer Diamond Crystal_article2
    The reason Herkimer Diamonds "make it easier to access the higher spiritual realms" is because their connective properties reinforce and remind us of the relationship we have to our higher aspect. By strengthening the desire to go within they present the opportunity to get closer to our own Source. That yearning for oneness is the key to how deep our meditations take us on any given day — and anything that stimulates the ability to keep the focus where it counts becomes a very useful growth tool.
    As far as "enhancing everything that happens in the dream state" goes, this is where Herkimer Diamonds really shine. Try sleeping with a 'Herk' and see how your ability to remember your dreams improves — and then see if you notice a change in the quality and content of your night visions. This may seem like a small thing but it is virtually impossible to have a complete understanding of your self if you ignore the imagery that floats to the surface when your consciousness is in the dream state. These stones not only bring all of that imagery into focus, they seem to make every dream more meaningful. As we learn more about the part our dreams play in our spiritual unfoldment the Herkimer Diamond's role as a 'Dream Stone' will make them indispensable to anyone who wishes to understand the true 'Power of Dreaming'.
    No crystal collection is complete without at least one Herkimer Diamond. And if you only own one crystal, a 'Herk' would be the best choice — because these beauties do it all — and they do it perfectly. A cut above any other crystal formation they even give 'Vogel's' a run for their money! If clear quartz holds light, 'Herks' hold it in a more concentrated form — and their superior connective properties make it possible to merge with that light and bring it home, to the heart, for safekeeping.

http://spiritofmaat.com/apr07/herkimer_diamonds.html
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Thank you Allen :asmile:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm