Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


    What crystals do you own?

    EmbodiedSoul
    EmbodiedSoul
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 55
    Age : 30
    Location : The Void of the Afterlife
    Job/hobbies : Gaming, Music, Art, Reading and Travelling.
    Registration date : 2015-07-21

    What crystals do you own?  Empty What crystals do you own?

    Post  EmbodiedSoul on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:52 am

    I thought this would be a good idea to post.

    I own Selenite (wand), Amethyst (natural and tumbled), Black Tourmaline (natural and tumbled), Black Obsidian (tumbled), Lepidolite (tumbled), Clear Quartz (natural and tumbled), Rose Quartz (natural and tumbled), Tiger's Eye (tumbled), Peridot (natural and tumbled), Bloodstone (tumbled), Sodalite (tumbled), Hematite (tumbled), Lapis Lazuli (pendant), Red Jasper (tumbled), Chiastolite (tumbled), Angelite (natural), Ametrine (Tumbled) and a Citrine point (natural). Other crystals I cannot remember.

    I also don't have a favourite one, I like most of them.
    Crystal
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Crystal on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:17 pm

    That is an interesting mix. How did you choose them? All at once or gradually?  And have you ever looked at Malachite?
    EmbodiedSoul
    EmbodiedSoul
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 55
    Age : 30
    Location : The Void of the Afterlife
    Job/hobbies : Gaming, Music, Art, Reading and Travelling.
    Registration date : 2015-07-21

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  EmbodiedSoul on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:51 pm

    Mostly gradual, I chose them for the benefits when I got older, but Amethyst and Red Jasper not at first since I just liked collecting crystals as a kid because they appealed to me as their beautiful appearance shined. I didn't know much about their healing benefits and spiritual effects then, other than the lovely colours.
    Crystal
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Crystal on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:03 pm

    Using colour as a guide to which crystal is very valid and for some the best way to choose. 

    Do you do anything with the crystals?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor
    Member

    Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Blueanchor on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:48 pm

    I'm afraid I am rather like the child mentioned and have an array of crystals with little to no knowledge of their properties. However, I am intuitive and I choose the crystals that draw me to them. Of course with scant knowledge I am not a crystal healer or anything, instead I use which ever crystal I feel drawn to, to meditate with, sometimes to sleep with, or to take out somewhere with me. It works for me, but I am fascinated by those that do have the knowledge of crystals and use them in healing.

    BigJohn likes this post

    Crystal
    Crystal
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Crystal on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:57 pm

    Blueanchor wrote:I'm afraid I am rather like the child mentioned and have an array of crystals with little to no knowledge of their properties. However, I am intuitive and I choose the crystals that draw me to them. Of course with scant knowledge I am not a crystal healer or anything, instead I use which ever crystal I feel drawn to, to meditate with, sometimes to sleep with, or to take out somewhere with me. It works for me, but I am fascinated by those that do have the knowledge of crystals and use them in healing.


    Which child?

    Why don't you learn then? Crystal healing is very interesting and rewarding, spending a little time to learn and then adding in your intuitive thoughts would make for a rounded experience :)

    BigJohn likes this post

    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor
    Member

    Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Blueanchor on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:11 pm

    Crystal wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:I'm afraid I am rather like the child mentioned and have an array of crystals with little to no knowledge of their properties. However, I am intuitive and I choose the crystals that draw me to them. Of course with scant knowledge I am not a crystal healer or anything, instead I use which ever crystal I feel drawn to, to meditate with, sometimes to sleep with, or to take out somewhere with me. It works for me, but I am fascinated by those that do have the knowledge of crystals and use them in healing.


    Which child?

    Why don't you learn then? Crystal healing is very interesting and rewarding, spending a little time to learn and then adding in your intuitive thoughts would make for a rounded experience :)


    Embodiedsoul said that as a kid he chose crystals because they shone, I was saying that that's a bit like what I do now.

    I don't really feel drawn to go any deeper with crystals. I'm happy to let other people be the experts in that respect. But I still enjoy using them and having them around in the way that I do.

    BigJohn likes this post

    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24535
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Violet on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:58 am

    As good a reason as any, :bfs:  I collect them or I used to but I try not to get more unless its something  unusual



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    BigJohn likes this post

    Gr33nLuv
    Gr33nLuv
    Newbie

    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Gr33nLuv on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 am

    When I purchased mine, I felt drawn to a few of them, but also I was on search for certain traits, healing properties & the clerk had a hand in some of my choosing, which has been a no no. I should have had them labeled as I am just learning. The one's that stick out the most & which I am still very attracted to right now, Green Calcite ( natural - I had it made into a necklace), Chrysocolla (I'm not sure if it's also called Ocean Jasper?) - I'm really very drawn to this. I picked up some beautiful Tourquoise (it almost looks like chewed bubble gum) - I actually have been wearing a bit of Tourquoise with a tiny red stone as well for the past 13 years. I never really liked Tourquoise, but this year I've been very drawn to it. I also have felt very drawn to purple calcite. & again, I've never really cared for the color purple, & yet I've been drawn to purple's this year - not just in crystals.. & citrine

    I bought a few books to help me out, & to learn.

    BigJohn likes this post

    Earthealer
    Earthealer
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Age : 34
    Location : Colchester Essex
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Earthealer on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:41 am

    Too many to count. Haha. But the good news is that I'm letting go of some soon, because they are just standing there picking up dust.

    BigJohn likes this post

    avatar
    RollingTumbleweed
    Newbie

    Male
    Number of posts : 10
    Age : 41
    Location : No
    Job/hobbies : minerals
    Registration date : 2016-06-18

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  RollingTumbleweed on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:28 am

    I hope it's ok to necro an old topic, I saw "what crystals do you own" and got excited. I have quartz and amethyst and agate, and...lol, that's comical if you knew me. My basement's roughly the size of a medium bowling alley, I give guided tours to high schools. Now, granted, half of the basement is Native American artifacts. But I've been collecting minerals since childhood, and was a merchant for years, so let's just say I have my fair share of crystals.

    BigJohn likes this post

    Nuri
    Nuri
    Just joined

    Female
    Number of posts : 3
    Age : 32
    Location : Texas
    Registration date : 2017-01-24

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Dead thread? Live!

    Post  Nuri on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:10 am

    I've always been into crystals and stones and their properties, but I'm kinda bad at staying organized with things so I never really purchased them until recently. My boyfriend's friend's girlfriend works at a spiritual shop and he mentioned to me that I'd probably like the place she works at, so he took me there and I picked up a rough Amethyst point (I've always liked Amethyst and the piece I chose.. I put it back after looking at it and I dug around later on because I felt like I NEEDED to have that specific piece), and a small tumbled Rose Quartz and a small rough Amethyst piece to put into stone cages so I can wear them. I also picked up a small 4" Selenite wand (mainly for cleansing my space, myself, and my crystals), 3 pieces of Black Tourmaline (for protection), a decent sized chunk of raw crystal quartz and I got a 'Love and Happiness' set which contained a chunk of rough crystal quartz, rose quartz, and amethyst.

    I've always been drawn to Amethyst and Rose Quartz for reasons much deeper than color or looks. I've been trying to learn more about different stones and their purposes, but I think what I've obtained now is a decent start.

    Blessed be!

    BigJohn likes this post

    Lynn
    Lynn
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Age : 58
    Location : Canada
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Lynn on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 pm

    Hello

    I have a lot of them the most recent find was a large raw amethyst cluster.  We found it at a flea market and every time I looked at it the colour was getting less in it. Finally I just had to have it.  Its coming back in its colour again.

    Favorite one is a smokey quarts that is a generator put in a decorative carved ravens head.  I got it in England as it called to me from a shop window that I so had no interest in as honestly it looked like it was a "tourist trap" from the decorations and look of the store front.  Yin and Yang shop but it turned out that this piece had just been unpacked and put in the window about an hour before.  It came from Sadona Arizona in the US went to the UK only to come home to Canada.  Cost a small fortune 800 pounds but I had to have it.

    I have a strong connection to crystals that are not always the norm, Hematite is a favorite, Rhodonite, now I have on a skull amethyst pendent. 

    When picking a crystal in person I find is best so that they can call to you.  I am not a fan of on line shopping for them. 

    One's that I do not resonate with are Jet, and Petrified w00d. Rose Quartz is not a favorite of mine. 

    Lynn

    BigJohn likes this post

    BigJohn
    BigJohn
    Member

    Number of posts : 174
    Location : Gee.... I forgot again. Mother said to tell people "Over there!" but I cant remember being thare so I am not two sure about that.
    Job/hobbies : A. Eat food. B. Watch TV. C. On Forum. D. Go to A.
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  BigJohn on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:57 am

    EmbodiedSoul wrote:I thought this would be a good idea to post.

    I own Selenite (wand), Amethyst (natural and tumbled), Black Tourmaline (natural and tumbled), Black Obsidian (tumbled), Lepidolite (tumbled), Clear Quartz (natural and tumbled), Rose Quartz (natural and tumbled), Tiger's Eye (tumbled), Peridot (natural and tumbled), Bloodstone (tumbled), Sodalite (tumbled), Hematite (tumbled), Lapis Lazuli (pendant), Red Jasper (tumbled), Chiastolite (tumbled), Angelite (natural), Ametrine (Tumbled) and a Citrine point (natural). Other crystals I cannot remember.

    I also don't have a favourite one, I like most of them.

    I have what you have except Chiastolite.


    I also have gemstones stones such as Tanzanite, Rubies, Sapphires, etc.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  RainbowLight on Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:57 am

    Too many to list. What's on my desk... (it's a BIG desk, haha)\
    - intense blue apatite
    - clear crystal flame
    - tourmalinated quartz crystal point
    - clear crystal Angel, a larger and medium one
    - Manifestation crystal point
    - Atlantis stone / pink ocean jasper flame 
    - large clear crystal Lemurian point
    - ruby tumble
    - citrine point, one small 1 large, the flagship of my crystals
    - large golden healer rose quartz heart (some 15cm across)
    - rainbow lattice sunstone 
    - Fairy Dream freeform (chalcedony, jasper etc in a gorgeous blend)
    - Sacred heart silver topas (very very light blue) trumble
    - lilaczanite pieces
    - Angel aura quartz cluster
    - Atlantis stone / multicolour ocean jasper freeforms (Lilac, pink, turquoise etc)
    - Petalite & lepidolite tumble
    - raspberry garnet tumble 
    - Strawberry quartz point, deep pink
    - smithonite (lilac)
    - blue calcite
    - Blue Preseli stone tumble
    - rough deep pink rhodonite (no black)
    - auralite tumble (long still, not round)
    - golden obsidian heart
    - star amulet / Uluru stone tumble 2x
    - black tourmaline pieces
    - Peridot
    - Dragon stone Austria (NOT normal dragonstone. A mix of cinnabar, epidot, quartz etc.)
    - azurite
    - opal chalcedony (chrome opal) tumble
    - Caribbean calcite skull
    - Caribbean calcite point
    - Citrine flame
    - Bosnian pyramid calcite cluster (very light green)
    - Almandine garnet
    - lepidolite pieces
    - 2 specific clear quarts points (1 Lemurian light point, cannot remember what the other was, hihi)
    - larger golden calcite sphere

    That's what I got on my desk. Like I said, it's a larger desk with shelves and stuff :)
    BigJohn
    BigJohn
    Member

    Number of posts : 174
    Location : Gee.... I forgot again. Mother said to tell people "Over there!" but I cant remember being thare so I am not two sure about that.
    Job/hobbies : A. Eat food. B. Watch TV. C. On Forum. D. Go to A.
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  BigJohn on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:15 pm

    RainbowLight wrote:Too many to list. What's on my desk... (it's a BIG desk, haha)\
    - intense blue apatite
    - clear crystal flame
    - tourmalinated quartz crystal point
    - clear crystal Angel, a larger and medium one
    - Manifestation crystal point
    - Atlantis stone / pink ocean jasper flame 
    - large clear crystal Lemurian point
    - ruby tumble
    - citrine point, one small 1 large, the flagship of my crystals
    - large golden healer rose quartz heart (some 15cm across)
    - rainbow lattice sunstone 
    - Fairy Dream freeform (chalcedony, jasper etc in a gorgeous blend)
    - Sacred heart silver topas (very very light blue) trumble
    - lilaczanite pieces
    - Angel aura quartz cluster
    - Atlantis stone / multicolour ocean jasper freeforms (Lilac, pink, turquoise etc)
    - Petalite & lepidolite tumble
    - raspberry garnet tumble 
    - Strawberry quartz point, deep pink
    - smithonite (lilac)
    - blue calcite
    - Blue Preseli stone tumble
    - rough deep pink rhodonite (no black)
    - auralite tumble (long still, not round)
    - golden obsidian heart
    - star amulet / Uluru stone tumble 2x
    - black tourmaline pieces
    - Peridot
    - Dragon stone Austria (NOT normal dragonstone. A mix of cinnabar, epidot, quartz etc.)
    - azurite
    - opal chalcedony (chrome opal) tumble
    - Caribbean calcite skull
    - Caribbean calcite point
    - Citrine flame
    - Bosnian pyramid calcite cluster (very light green)
    - Almandine garnet
    - lepidolite pieces
    - 2 specific clear quarts points (1 Lemurian light point, cannot remember what the other was, hihi)
    - larger golden calcite sphere

    That's what I got on my desk. Like I said, it's a larger desk with shelves and stuff :)


    WOW!

    FANTASTIC LIST!

    VERY IMPRESSIVE!


    I have a rough Golden Healer point that is almost a foot long.

    Can not wait to see what else you have.......
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  RainbowLight on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:34 pm

    Thank you :)
    I got more crystals and crystal skulls with golden healer, and a Naica selenite golden healer that I love! 
    Listing all my crystals would probably be quite boring as it'd be a long list, hihi. I don't generally do really large pieces. I'm already running out of space with the ones I got. If you go for big room pieces you need either a huge house or not buy crystals very often.
    I mostly buy for my own personal use so in that sense I have no interest in large pieces. I prefer a size I can hold! I do have some that turned out to be more like a room piece, but then they're still not huge. 
    I think generally between average tumble size to approx. 15cms.
    I've reached the point now that I sometimes don't know what something is called  🙄 I'm not too chuffed about that... Maybe it is an age thing, I'm even more not-chuffed if it'd be that!!

    BigJohn likes this post

    BigJohn
    BigJohn
    Member

    Number of posts : 174
    Location : Gee.... I forgot again. Mother said to tell people "Over there!" but I cant remember being thare so I am not two sure about that.
    Job/hobbies : A. Eat food. B. Watch TV. C. On Forum. D. Go to A.
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  BigJohn on Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:48 am

    Not too long ago, I got into gemstones.

    I found out I really liked faceted gem stones. I was really hooked on them for several years.

    I started out with Rubies and then progressed to some of the other ones.

    Lately, I haven't bought any gemstones in probably the last year.
    RainbowLight
    RainbowLight
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 261
    Registration date : 2020-10-15

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  RainbowLight on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:16 am

    I come across sellers with flats filled with faceted gemstones. They look pretty but so far don't appeal to me.
    That can change of course. You never know. 
    But I always question whether they're actually real or you're being conned with coloured glass. 

    I have 5 faceted diamond shapes in different sizes, made from glass. Now that shape has a personal meaning to me, so in that sense those glass diamonds hold meaning to me. Funny thing is that they were gifted by my dad and his wife without them knowing that shape had that special meaning to me, haha. 
    I think those are the only faceted things I have, but they're glass, not gemstones.

    Sponsored content

    What crystals do you own?  Empty Re: What crystals do you own?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm