Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Platonic seed Thoughts

Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male
    Number of posts : 101
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2016-02-03

Platonic seed Thoughts Empty Platonic seed Thoughts

Post  Bodhicitta Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:24 pm

For pondering on or deep meditation, this series of small Platonic booklets will inspire:

Music of Philosophy
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Platonic seed Thoughts Empty Purpose of incarnation

Post  Bodhicitta Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Proclus wrote:For to perfect the inferior and provide for the lesser belongs even to souls as souls, since their descent was occasioned by forethought for things involved in process and by care for mortals.
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Platonic seed Thoughts Empty Re: Platonic seed Thoughts

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:36 pm

An innate knowledge of the Gods is coexistent with our very essence; and this knowledge is superior to all judgment and deliberate choice, and subsists prior to reason and demonstration. It is also co-united from the beginning with its proper cause, and is consubsistent with the essential tendency of the soul to The Good. If, indeed, it be requisite to speak the truth, the contact with divinity is not knowledge. For knowledge is in a certain respect separated [from its object] by otherness. But prior to the knowledge, which as one thing knows another, is the uniform connexion with divinity, and which is suspended from the Gods, is spontaneous and inseparable from them.

Iamblichus, On the Mysteries, I, iii.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:30 pm

If I felt a need to find this, then it is on the internet for me to find.

As others have said before me, if all you want to do is promote what you read, without any inclination to talk to people or get to know other peoples views and beliefs, then why choose a forum? Why not pay for advertising space?

It's free and easy to promote your own personal doctrine and gurus I suppose. And to post a link without opening any discussion takes little time, thought or effort.  But to do so shows a lack of understanding and respect for the worth that other people as well as their views of the world can have.
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Blueanchor wrote:If I felt a need to find this, then it is on the internet for me to find.

As others have said before me, if all you want to do is promote what you read, without any inclination to talk to people or get to know other peoples views and beliefs, then why choose a forum? Why not pay for advertising space?

It's free and easy to promote your own personal doctrine and gurus I suppose. And to post a link without opening any discussion takes little time, thought or effort.  But to do so shows a lack of understanding and respect for the worth that other people as well as their views of the world can have.

The topic is Platonic Seed Thoughts; if one wishes to meditate on them or discuss them, good.

But if you can only find fault, attribute low motives and whine about my posting of them, so be it.  So do not be surprised if, in future, I ignore you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:49 pm

But you haven't posted anything to discuss.

You've just used the forum to link to another place and copy and paste onto.  

In the past, I, and others, have tried to discuss what you have posted and you have ignored anyone that doesn't show agreement of what you believe.

Demonstration; responding with care and inner wisdom and showing the beautiful nature or strength or learning that you have found from following your path, is what I look at when people share on a forum.

I may not share another persons way, but I can appreciate the ways in which their way has helped them.

But you don't share that. You share links or quotes from other people - and demonstrate disregard and disrespect for anyone that is not in admiration of them. So what are you showing? What kind of path are you demonstrating? One of acceptance, of tolerance, of respect, of compassion, of togetherness? One that appreciates the skills of listening to others and is a path of learning, development and open mindedness? Or one that is closed to any questioning and discussion, one that chooses to close its eyes and ears to those that do not complement it?
    Bodhicitta
    Bodhicitta

Male

Post  Bodhicitta Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:16 am

What a fantasy realm you live in Blue.  

I do not discuss details of my personal practice with anyone, in private or public.  Whether it is successful or not, by my own lights, is only my concern.

If you find nothing to discuss concerning the content or ideas in the posted quotes, I feel sorry for you. Especially if only I, the quote poster, can be discussed with.

We are not exchanging private emails, posters here can write in response to others besides someone who puts up a quote, is that no so?

If lack of personal attention from me bothers you, I am sorry, but surely there are others who will talk to you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:05 am

I could point out that the site you have posted a link to is a commercial site selling the wisdom that you want us to discuss for only £12 each.

Laughably, this is after stating that "We live in a world saturated with the printed word, and beginning a second inundation of the electronic word: we are in danger of allowing the mind to become servant to the pen, the tongue and the keyboard. Here is a small book that hopes to reverse the tide" :happy: ... except there are 5 small books hoping to reverse the tide :giggles: ... and only £60 for the lot!

But I look for how the 'way' is shown or demonstrated by your personal reactions. And the manner in which you react to anyone that questions or disagrees with the 'way' that you promote, demonstrates nothing that I hold dear in my spirituality.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm