Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Individuality

jimrich

Number of posts : 50
    Registration date : 2017-05-20

Individuality Empty Individuality

Post  jimrich Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 am

Hello any Mediums out there:
    How and why do incarnate beings/persons retain their ego or individuality over in the Afterlife and do not dissolve back into Totality or Indivisible Wholeness or whatever the ineffable Absolute is called?   My late wife and a few others, over in the Afterlife, are exactly the same person as they were on Earth except they're much happier and wiser over there. 
    I do not want them to "dissolve" - just curious.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Individuality Empty Re: Individuality

Post  Blueanchor Sun May 21, 2017 8:57 am

Not all beings do maintain their individual characteristics after death. There are many different states (or planes) of existence. The emotional/personality aspect of being is closest to physical being. 

In life, people who have no other psychic experiences, seem to still pick up on the feelings and thoughts of those that they are emotionally close to. It seems to me that, the continuation of the personality/ego after death is related to the emotional pull between people. In this way, you mention that you don't want them to dissolve, and I don't believe they will until both you and they choose to take that journey.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sun May 21, 2017 11:32 am

Blueanchor wrote:Not all beings do maintain their individual characteristics after death. There are many different states (or planes) of existence. The emotional/personality aspect of being is closest to physical being. 

In life, people who have no other psychic experiences, seem to still pick up on the feelings and thoughts of those that they are emotionally close to. It seems to me that, the continuation of the personality/ego after death is related to the emotional pull between people. In this way, you mention that you don't want them to dissolve, and I don't believe they will until both you and they choose to take that journey.
    That's interesting....so, could it be, that to want them near you hinders their soul journey i.e. where they should be going to?
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun May 21, 2017 8:08 pm

The 'dissolving' - the merging - of a soul into the source, its source of origination, isn't something that happens immediately after living here in this physical dimension.  Hence there's no significant hindrance of spiritual progression when an individual chooses to remain close to a loved one here.  

The time we spend in this dimension is irrelevant to eternity.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Sun May 21, 2017 9:57 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:Not all beings do maintain their individual characteristics after death. There are many different states (or planes) of existence. The emotional/personality aspect of being is closest to physical being. 

That's interesting....so, could it be, that to want them near you hinders their soul journey i.e. where they should be going to?
    I dont believe they are hindered, they are where their journey has taken them and will walk another path another time.

I think Ive shared before, my outlook on progression not being linear or one directional, but being about connecting at the right level at the right time.

I was a stay at home mother until my children were almost school age. If somebody on a career path looked at me, they may have thought that I was not moving to where I should be. But stopping my work life to be with my children was part of my developmental journey.
    jimrich

Individuality Empty We don't "dissolve"

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 am

jimrich wrote:Hello any Mediums out there:
    How and why do incarnate beings/persons retain their ego or individuality over in the Afterlife and do not dissolve back into Totality or Indivisible Wholeness or whatever the ineffable Absolute is called?   My late wife and a few others, over in the Afterlife, are exactly the same person as they were on Earth except they're much happier and wiser over there. 
    I am beginning to think that my choice of the word "dissolve" is a mistake.  There is only the One or the Absolute which projects or manifests APPARENT forms such as my late wife and I and places those forms in various dramas or Life Plays BUT at no time does the Source or Creator ever separate from these apparent forms which are actually illusions anyway.  If and when I or my late wife "dissolve" we will simply return to what we already are - One Infinite Being.  LOL, so let the show begin......"Many waves yet just one Ocean."
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am

jimrich wrote:
    I am beginning to think that my choice of the word "dissolve" is a mistake.  There is only the One or the Absolute which projects or manifests APPARENT forms such as my late wife and I and places those forms in various dramas or Life Plays BUT at no time does the Source or Creator ever separate from these apparent forms which are actually illusions anyway.  If and when I or my late wife "dissolve" we will simply return to what we already are - One Infinite Being.  LOL, so let the show begin......"Many waves yet just one Ocean."

Your account of life and death differs greatly from my understanding and the word 'dissolve' I find relatively unimportant.   Timing, sequence, is far more significant from my perspective.

Although you directed your questions at mediums (importantly often seen differently here than they're seen in the US incidentally) mediums don't have any monopoly on perception and/or understanding.

My understanding is that individuality is very much a key element in our individual experience of life outside of source.  (The issue of apparent separation from it is another important factor and even though separation is very much an illusion it's an important illusion.)  I suggest that being individuals is not an illusion; that individuality persists until the point when we have had the experiences that status brings.  

When we have achieved the appropriate individual level of spiritual progression we will be ready to re-merge with source.  By then our expression of individuality will have diminished to the point we're ready to 'dissolve', to merge with source, and end our experiences as individuated spirit.  

Quite some way off for me I suspect. Maybe for most of us? 
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 am

I would just like to say here that the reason jimrich has asked this in the mediums section is that I gave him this link.  I looked for a general spiritualism category but only found this one.  Since his queries are directed at the afterlife, it seems fitting that this would be the most apt section.

I also do not really accept that our ID is an illusion (since I am authentic!)  I think it would be more accurate to say that it is not our true essence, which is our soul/spirit - this can be readily experienced/'seen' at such times as during meditation.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 12:10 pm

ameliorate wrote:I would just like to say here that the reason jimrich has asked this in the mediums section is that I gave him this link.  I looked for a general spiritualism category but only found this one.  Since his queries are directed at the afterlife, it seems fitting that this would be the most apt section.

I also do not really accept that our ID is an illusion (since I am authentic!)  I think it would be more accurate to say that it is not our true essence, which is our soul/spirit - this can be readily experienced/'seen' at such times as during meditation.

jim's also a regular on one of my other regulars and another where I'm less a regular.  

As for 'illusion' we've debated elsewhere - at length and without agreement - what that word actually means anyway, especially compared with 'real' or 'reality'.  

Without agreement on how such terms apply in the context of spiritual dimensions etc. the words are largely valueless.  One might say the same about 'true essence'.  What would, then, be a 'false essence'?

My contention is that every state of being, every spiritual level or dimension outside of the source is as real  - or unreal - as every other.  
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 12:31 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:I would just like to say here that the reason jimrich has asked this in the mediums section is that I gave him this link.  I looked for a general spiritualism category but only found this one.  Since his queries are directed at the afterlife, it seems fitting that this would be the most apt section.

jim's also a regular on one of my other regulars and another where I'm less a regular.  

As for 'illusion' we've debated elsewhere - at length and without agreement - what that word actually means anyway, especially compared with 'real' or 'reality'.  

Without agreement on how such terms apply in the context of spiritual dimensions etc. the words are largely valueless.  One might say the same about 'true essence'.  What would, then, be a 'false essence'?

My contention is that every state of being, every spiritual level or dimension outside of the source is as real  - or unreal - as every other.  

Your last sentence is somewhat disturbing, e.g. psychotics cannot distinguish between reality and their delusion!

mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

Your last sentence is somewhat disturbing, e.g. psychotics cannot distinguish between reality and their delusion!

You should have used a 'wink' :wink: emoticon with your comment...? :wink:

I didn't, of course, say ANYTHING about delusion - that's your word and Teflon Don's specialty!!
    :lol:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

You should have used a 'wink'  :wink: emoticon with your comment...?  :wink:  

I didn't, of course, say ANYTHING about delusion - that's your word and Teflon Don's specialty!!
    I wonder if you mean every state is VALID rather than 'real'?  Someone regarded as insane experiences their state of being as real but this is not the general perceived perception of the majority is it?
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 12:59 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

I wonder if you mean every state is VALID rather than 'real'?  Someone regarded as insane experiences their state of being as real but this is not the general perceived perception of the majority is it?

I was just using the words that others used in the debate.  We'd need to agree definitions before I accepted valid rather than real.... Who would validate what is to be defined as 'valid'?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

I was just using the words that others used in the debate.  We'd need to agree definitions before I accepted valid rather than real....  Who would validate what is to be defined as 'valid'?
    I meant valid to the person experiencing that disturbed state of mind, i.e. subjective.  There is already a general consensus into what constitutes a shared reality, i.e. that we all experience certain external events having taken place.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

I was just using the words that others used in the debate.  We'd need to agree definitions before I accepted valid rather than real....  Who would validate what is to be defined as 'valid'?
    I meant valid to the person experiencing that disturbed state of mind, i.e. subjective.  There is already a general consensus into what constitutes a shared reality, i.e. that we all experience certain external events having taken place.

Oh mental disturbance aspects are outside my consideration of the original topic. The words 'real' and 'reality' only related to discussion of the nature of this and other dimensions, whether they're 'real' or illusory....
    jimrich

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 4:22 pm

At the risk of getting into the jungle of words (semantics), I will just speak for my self here.   My "true essence" is No-thingness or ineffable (cant' be described) and I experience it all the time - not just in "meditation" or any other special time or place - since this No-thingness alone is.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 4:24 pm

jimrich wrote:

At the risk of getting into the jungle of words (semantics), I will just speak for my self here.   My "true essence" is No-thingness or ineffable (cant' be described) and I experience it all the time - not just in "meditation" or any other special time or place - since this No-thingness alone is.
    Yes I experience my true essence constantly too ...I was just phrasing it that way for those who may not be on the spiritual path i.e. familiar with this experience.
    jimrich

Individuality Empty Restating my original post

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Dear Mediums:
    I apologize for being so vague in the OP and meant to ask you Mediums to SHARE about your own personal experience or knowledge (Please - no mere beliefs), how and/or why do some DIS-INCARNATE beings, such as my late wife, retain their personality and apparent individuality in the (apparent) Afterlife and do not dissolve into the impersonal "void" or infinite No-thingness (or whatever the Absolute is called, by you)?  I am asking for the actual experiences or knowledge of actual Psychic/Mediums here and NOT the random, abstract "opinions" of non-Mediums.  I'd really appreciate seeing the personal and factual sharing from those who either know why or have some kind of access to that knowledge from the Dis-incarnates them selves.  Thank you for sharing your own, personal experiences and knowledge,   jim

Last edited by jimrich on Mon May 22, 2017 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more clarity)
    jimrich

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 4:48 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    jimrich wrote:

Yes I experience my true essence constantly too ...I was just phrasing it that way for those who may not be on the spiritual path i.e. familiar with this experience.
    Hi Ameliorate:  Are you a Medium?  Can you personally respond to my question from a Medium's perspective/understanding or from the testimony of a Dis-incarnate that you personally know? 
    Thanks for sharing,
    jim
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 pm

My response at no. 2 was from personal experience, perhaps you missed it?
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 10:30 pm

jimrich wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    jimrich wrote:

Hi Ameliorate:  Are you a Medium?  Can you personally respond to my question from a Medium's perspective/understanding or from the testimony of a Dis-incarnate that you personally know? 
    Thanks for sharing,
    jim
    No, I am not a medium which is why I gave you the link to that thread.  I have no knowledge of the after life and am wary of concepts/beliefs that may not spring from the truth.
    jimrich

Individuality Empty No 'I' statements.

Post  jimrich Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Blueanchor wrote:My response at no. 2 was from personal experience, perhaps you missed it?
    Oh you mean this post: 
    Not all beings do maintain their individual characteristics after death. There are many different states (or planes) of existence. The emotional/personality aspect of being is closest to physical being.
    LOL, no I didn't "miss" it but it reads like a lecture or speech and not like a sharing of your own Medium-ship experiences or even knowledge.  I recommend you use more 'I' statements than: "It seems to me" and "I don't believe" comments, which do not look like your own experiences at all.  Sharing is about saying what is true FOR YOU and not offering opinions or a lecture.  Perhaps you could offer your own, actual, real and personal experiences and knowledge, as a Medium, on this topic.
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate Mon May 22, 2017 11:34 pm

jimrich wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:My response at no. 2 was from personal experience, perhaps you missed it?
    Oh you mean this post: 
    LOL, no I didn't "miss" it but it reads like a lecture or speech and not like a sharing of your own Medium-ship experiences or even knowledge.  I recommend you use more 'I' statements than: "It seems to me" and "I don't believe" comments, which do not look like your own experiences at all.  Sharing is about saying what is true FOR YOU and not offering opinions or a lecture.  Perhaps you could offer your own, actual, real and personal experiences and knowledge, as a Medium, on this topic.
    I think you are being somewhat harsh on Blueanchor who responded to help you.  Do you not think that opinions offered stem from experience?
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 pm

jimrich wrote:
    Oh you mean this post: 
    Those words are used because I find the evidential mediumship of spiritualism uncomfortable to listen to. However, over the years I have listened to evidential mediums say many times that giving evidence of an afterlife helps to comfort people that have lost loved ones. Ive also listened to people seking confirmation from evidential mediums that their loved ones are living in an afterlife and they are going to be reunited. So i try to tread carefully in respect of thhe needs and beliefs of others, including you.

You have now found a thread in which I have shared my experiences of discarnated people, so I wont bother repeating that. What I will say, is that my experience of spirit beyond the mental/emotional afterlife that you spoke of, shows that we are capeable of existance across different states of conciousness and we exist in those multiple states. As a not interested in evidence medium,  I communicate with spirit energy that is neither dissolved or living as their physical or mental/emotional self. The only spirits that I have ever been in touch with in the mental state, are those that still have an emotional connection in physical form. Likewise, the only beings that evidential mediums find the accepted evidence from, are discarnates that still have an emotional bond in the physical plane. Based on that experience, I believe that spirits in the mental emotional state after death are in that state because they need to be for them or for a loved one still in physical form.
    jimrich

Individuality Empty Evidence

Post  jimrich Thu May 25, 2017 1:57 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    jimrich wrote:
    Oh you mean this post: 
    Those words are used because I find the evidential mediumship of spiritualism uncomfortable to listen to.
    I looked up: evidential mediumship and it fits what I've experienced with several Mediums although, with Irene, they don't have to "convince" me that she is really there at the Readings.  Why is it uncomfortable to listen to?

However, over the years I have listened to evidential mediums say many times that giving evidence of an afterlife helps to comfort people that have lost loved ones. Ive also listened to people seking confirmation from evidential mediums that their loved ones are living in an afterlife and they are going to be reunited. So i try to tread carefully in respect of thhe needs and beliefs of others, including you.
    I accept and respect that but I still don't understand why "evidence" is needed other than where a client CANNOT accept that their loved one (or whoever) is still alive and present at the Reading.
    You have now found a thread in which I have shared my experiences of discarnated people, so I wont bother repeating that.
    Sorry but I don't recall where that thread is.  Please link me to it again.......

What I will say, is that my experience of spirit beyond the mental/emotional afterlife that you spoke of, shows that we are capeable of existance across different states of conciousness and we exist in those multiple states.
    While I do not deeply study this stuff, I can see that you may be referring to the spirit(s) of plants or other kinds of inanimate beings/objects throughout the universe that are generally thought to not have a "spirit", consciousness or being (words can be maddening!).  I accept the existence of these "different" states even if I have no direct experience with them other than through Irene and that's not a close involvement by me with or inside of the Afterlife as I currently know or understand it.

As a not interested in evidence medium,
    What does "not interested" mean? 

I communicate with spirit energy that is neither dissolved or living as their physical or mental/emotional self. The only spirits that I have ever been in touch with in the mental state, are those that still have an emotional connection in physical form.
    This is way over my head now and I can't even think of a meaningful question.  Would this be the spirit energy of, say, a: rock, water, air, light, something invisible, pure imagination, etc.?

Likewise, the only beings that evidential mediums find the accepted evidence from, are discarnates that still have an emotional bond in the physical plane. Based on that experience, I believe that spirits in the mental emotional state after death are in that state because they need to be for them or for a loved one still in physical form.
    Yes, I can see that Irene needs to contact me as a person or in a form that I can recognize as being her, Irene, even if she, as spirit now, no longer holds any of Irene's personal or physical characteristics over there.  It must be weird to be spirit and still have to express as a "person" to us Incarnates, in this plane, for a connection or communication between the two (or more) planes.  I am so limited in my knowledge of spirit, planes, the afterlife and other esoteric stuff that I don't know where to go next on this topic. 
    It's enough that my late wife is still able and willing to come visit me from time to time and let me know that she is still alive and well.   When I want more detailed connections, I go to some local Reader and Irene is instantly there with her loving, pleasant personality and hilariously good humor.  Just knowing how good it is for her over in that dimension is all I need at this time. 
    Thank you for offering some more information in this thread and please accept my gratitude and best wishes to and for you,
    Yours,
    jim & irene  :hugz:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am