Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The untapped part of the brain

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

The untapped part of the brain Empty The untapped part of the brain

Post  Violet Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:04 pm

It's widely believed that we only use a portion of our brain, when you consider what the human brain is capable of already, (which is quite staggering,) it makes you wonder just what else we are capable of.
    Do you think the brain has evolved over time and that when we were at caveman stage we were using just a tiny portion, and later do you think we began to access and use more as we learned to speak and create things, do you think in the future we will gradually use more and more until we eventually use it all, (Sb inspired this thread with something he wrote in another thread,) what do you think, is there more to be tapped into? Is some of our brain being reserved (for want of a better word) for things to come later that we can't even begin to comprehend at the stage we're at now, just as a caveman would probably die of shock in todays world.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

The untapped part of the brain Empty Re: The untapped part of the brain

Post  innerlight Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 pm

They say we only use ten percent of out brain.. Supposedly they used more ages ago.. In the supposed times of Atlantis, and Lemura. Which is why they were supposedly able to move things with our minds.. We, however, have gotten arrogant, and barbaric, and greedy, and fell farther in our time periods that we've forgotten our true natures, and abilities...

Or so that's what they say.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

The untapped part of the brain Empty Oh Yeah!

Post  Soaring Bird Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks for the mention Violet I believe as IL points out we used more in the past. Paganism dates back to cavemen days which means spiritualism does in probably many different ways.
    I believe the more 'educated' we have become, the more ignorant we have become because we have allowed authoritism to close us down. Now we deal with numbers, points, digits instead of fully tapping into the energies, spirit world and the source itself.
    Look back in time to see the future. Caveman etchings showing Gods, Egyptian Pyramids, hieroglyphics, Gods Goddesses, complete civilization, The Dogon Tribe and Sirius.
    Then mankind became 'educated' money, power, corruption.
    Now more and more are going back to the old ways and opening up. Using the part of the brain that was stifled, controlled by authoroties.
    The future, we may gain the mystic powers of Egypt, the knowledge of the Dogon. We, (mankind) with the use of our unused side of the brain have got so very very far to travel and some amazing, fantastic experiences coming to us over the next few lifetimes.
    Huggles x The untapped part of the brain 531481
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Before i give my opinion on this, I want to mention a scientific article that I read recently. It was talking, not about evolution, but de-evolution. The main topic was the fact that, as the aeons have passed, our DNA has slowly been deactivating. I don't remember the numbers, but there were tons of genes that have become inactive and have basically self-destructed. Parts of our bodies that served important functions in the past have slowly become almost obsolete.

Now, as far as what I think on this....I believe that we HAVE devolved over time. There are fantastic things that were done thousands of years ago that scientists say that they are unable to do now....or figure out how they were done. We are able to send people to the moon, send ships to mars and out of our solar system, but cannot explain HOW the pyramids were made....or Stonehenge, or....

Have we actually lost the ability to do these things? I think we have merely forgotten how to tap into the hidden recesses of our minds and unlock the vast potentials awaiting us. Once we remember how to channel the 'force' or energy inherent to all things, we will, once again, be able to do what we have forgotten how.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:13 am

Very interesting responses I hadn't thought of it like that but you can see in many of the kids of today, their brains are turning to mush, sitting in front of comps for school work and leisure, what ever happened to creativity and imagination, play, reading and writing, drawing and painting the very basics of childhood. I can see exactly where you are coming from.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am

because that would be messy, and we wouldn't want out material possessions to get ruined... Let alone why would we want to sit with the kids for that... we just let them sit and watch tv, while we go off and do our things.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Here's a thought I had.. Can you imagine what things would be like if some of the murders, rapists, etc, were capable of using 90% of their brain instead of ten. If say Hitler had full use of his brain what he may of been able to accomplish..

It's a terrifying thought, and now I see why it is that we do not use all our brains. I think as long as Ego is present will will only be shadows of our true selves.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

The untapped part of the brain Empty HI IL

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Innerlight !!!! How am I meant to sleep after a post like that.
    Hugs The untapped part of the brain 531481
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Soaring Bird wrote:Innerlight !!!! How am I meant to sleep after a post like that.

Well you're the one who inspired this thread to begin with. :giggles:

It's just a shame those that ruin things for us.. All our forefathers that created this world, and how we are now reaping what they've sown for us.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

The untapped part of the brain Empty Good One Lol

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:59 pm

Good one IL. Howling with laughter at that. I forgot that bit Hee hee
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:02 pm

our forefathers did some terrible things The untapped part of the brain 558648
    It could have gone the other way though perhaps if they used more brain they would have done better things

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Violet wrote:our forefathers did some terrible things The untapped part of the brain 558648
    It could have gone the other way though perhaps if they used more brain they would have done better things

Possibly... But, to me, it wouldn't make sense to have been created that way... I would fathom that we devolved over the years to using only 10%... If you look at all the stories of way back then. They end in disaster, and man being corrupt, and have things destroyed. Lemuria, Atlantis, Garden of Eden, The flood, etc.. All signs of not being capable to handle great power.

Even today you see signs of the corruption that power does to some man.. Keeping us all in the dark ages.

Of course it's been said that we are a very primitive, and young group. It could be possible that we have not evolved our brains fully. Or really had a need to. Everything that evolves in existence evolves out of need. Us using our brains fully may not of been needed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Power always seems to corrupt man it's only a few who use their power to do some good in the world, it makes you wonder why the brain is so large if we only need a tiny portion of it, it also makes you wonder how much brain animals use

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Violet wrote:Power always seems to corrupt man it's only a few who use their power to do some good in the world, it makes you wonder why the brain is so large if we only need a tiny portion of it, it also makes you wonder how much brain animals use

And it's that one or two people that keeps up in the dark ages.. Even this day and age.. Racism, Hate, Greed, Envy, Lust, are still very prominent. And with it present we will not see our full potential as a group.. There may be an exception to every rule.. But I think those exceptions are more in-tune with their spirit bodies, then their physical bodies.

In that aspect we have evolved as we have larger brains than most animals, if not all of them. Our brains are large because they do a lot.. We may only use 10% of the brain but all of it has a purpose to it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes they are, I was discussing this over the weekend, it's quite shocking

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 pm