Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Blueanchor
AlpineMist
6 posters

Hello

AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-09-16

Hello Empty Hello

Post  AlpineMist Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 pm

I have just registered on this forum and wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

I am from India and currently just starting out on my spiritual journey. I am trying to learn more about spirituality and know whether there is actually something more than our physical selves. I want to know if we are more than just a chemical reaction as per science and evolution theories. I also wonder if spirituality is something humans taught themselves to make us all feel better about certain situations or there is actually something much more that we do not yet understand but is present in ourselves and in the universe.

I really hope to meet some people who can guide and teach me about spirituality and hopefully get to know the forum members.

Thank you.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  Blueanchor Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Welcome :bfs: What do you feel regarding your questions?
    Aube Borealis

Female
    Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2017-07-05

Post  Aube Borealis Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the community.

:welcome:
    :si:
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Welcome to this spiritual forum!

Regarding "I also wonder if spirituality is something humans taught themselves to make us all feel better about certain situations or there is actually something much more that we do not yet understand but is present in ourselves and in the universe."

I would distinguish between religion and spirituality here.  It is some orthodox religions that offers the promise of heaven possibly 'to make us all feel better about certain situations'.  Spirituality involves realising that we are more than just our minds and bodies, i.e. that we are, essentially, spirit.  Our minds display our egos - our worldly ID - how we interact.  If you have ever meditated that you will experience the separation from ego into your true essence, i.e. your spirit/soul.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am

Welcome, in my own life I try not to cling to ant beliefs, I like to go with the flow of life wherever that takes me, I simply enjoy the ride. :astar:
    Seasprite
    Seasprite

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2017-09-04

Post  Seasprite Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum  :urwelcome: I hope you find some answers here, although I think where spirituality is concerned there are more questions than answers  :bfs: xxx
    AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male

Hello Empty Thanks

Post  AlpineMist Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forum.
    AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male

Post  AlpineMist Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Blueanchor wrote:Welcome :bfs: What do you feel regarding your questions?

Regarding how I feel, I honestly am confused. I am still trying to learn and really am open to new possibilities although i feel a bit pessimistic sometimes about spirituality and need more proof/evidence to genuinely believe.
    AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male

Post  AlpineMist Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm

ameliorate wrote:Welcome to this spiritual forum!

Regarding "I also wonder if spirituality is something humans taught themselves to make us all feel better about certain situations or there is actually something much more that we do not yet understand but is present in ourselves and in the universe."

I would distinguish between religion and spirituality here.  It is some orthodox religions that offers the promise of heaven possibly 'to make us all feel better about certain situations'.  Spirituality involves realising that we are more than just our minds and bodies, i.e. that we are, essentially, spirit.  Our minds display our egos - our worldly ID - how we interact.  If you have ever meditated that you will experience the separation from ego into your true essence, i.e. your spirit/soul.

I have started meditating but without much success at the moment. I liked how you distinguished between religion and spirituality. Makes a lot of sense and i am trying to experience connecting with my soul and I know it is a long road ahead so hopefully i will reach there someday.
    AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male

Post  AlpineMist Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:27 pm

psychoslice wrote:Welcome, in my own life I try not to cling to ant beliefs, I like to go with the flow of life wherever that takes me, I simply enjoy the ride. :astar:

I like your way of looking at life. I feel i used to be that way a long time ago but have changed over the years.
    AlpineMist
    AlpineMist
    Just joined

Male

Post  AlpineMist Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Seasprite wrote:Welcome to the forum  :urwelcome: I hope you find some answers here, although I think where spirituality is concerned there are more questions than answers  :bfs: xxx

Yeah I agree and right now I have only questions :-) Hope to have some answers as well soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:39 pm