Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Thunder Bow
gigpdo
6 posters

Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised...

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Thunder Bow
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 800
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised... Empty Re: Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised...

Post  Thunder Bow Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Cats are natural predators, as they should be. As a result they are smart and clever.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised... Empty Re: Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised...

Post  psychoslice Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 pm

I was thinking of getting one of these cats, there called, Bengal cats.
    Domestic Cats....Are They Really Civilised... Ebd5e510
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:36 am

gigpdo wrote:So my best mate Moggs the cat is fast asleep on the "Captains Chair" right next to me, hes out with the fairies and he looks cool, and he does not know hes 6 years old today!.. :bban: 

:soap: :cat: cat
    That is so sweet, and happy birthday to Moggs. :balloons:
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 am

gigpdo wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:So my best mate Moggs the cat is fast asleep on the "Captains Chair" right next to me, hes out with the fairies and he looks cool, and he does not know hes 6 years old today!.. :bban: 

That is so sweet, and happy birthday to Moggs. :balloons:
    Thanks mate, i will try to transfer some photos from my phone and tablet to this laptop, if i can that is......

I'll look forward to that, thanks.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm

gigpdo wrote:Cats, cats, cats and more cats, well i love em all,the big,the small,the odd looking and the average type cat that you see everywhere!

My question is, should the owners of these beautiful slinky experts in the art of relaxation stop them from "nibbling, playing, chomping" on all the other little creatures and birds and vermin, or do we let them "go for it", or do we intervene?
    Now sometimes i intervene, other times i don't!..but do i have any right to choose what it kills and eats?...and that is the purpose of this thread, damned if you do and damned if you don't?

If i see him ( the cat ) with a tiny bird, lets say a beautiful Honeyeater, a tiny bird the size of a small mouse I will take it off him and put it on a branch of a shrub, usually from where he got it, if it cant stay standing or fly away then the cat gets it!
    But if its alright and not bitten i will let it go!...oh isn't that nice you may think, but what if it was a rat?..would you think Oh yuck kill the disease ridden thing?

So,if its got a bird, free the bird, but if its a rat, stuff it, or my cat likes cockroaches, now do i stop him "chomping down" or save the cockroach?
    Its a real minefield of thought this post, so how far do you go or interfere in the natural process of life and death?..any thoughts anyone?.. :urwelcome: 

Breaks my heart when they catch something, I know we're not meant to meddle in nature but I will rescue where I can, sometimes I have removed the tormenting cat and put old Tom there for faster and hopefully kinder dispatch when they were impossible to save.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

We have cats for our pleasure but then are horrified when they do what they're hard-wired to do....  Don't get me wrong; I like cats and have had many but there are too many in this world. 

Come to that, though, there are too many humans too... :scratch:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:38 pm

It is horrible, and you're right about too many everywhere Ive lived there have been strays

:giggles: you're right on your second point too

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 am

mac wrote:We have cats for our pleasure but then are horrified when they do what they're hard-wired to do....  Don't get me wrong; I like cats and have had many but there are too many in this world. 

Come to that, though, there are too many humans too... :scratch:
    Yes, and the humans are the worse lol.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 am

gigpdo wrote:No animal, reptile, insect or any living creature bar humans, is guilty of anything that has to do with survival of its species!...they kill to live/survive,  only humans kill for pleasure, they kill animals, birds of prey and fish especially, and other humans too.
    Humans only carry out premeditated killing including genocide.

Only humans practice cruelty on its own species, and then they deny it happened,..for the history books of course, history books have to look good, that's for the benefit of future humans!
    Murder and genocide is a human ( ego ) fault, only animals kill to survive, humans kill for pleasure, even in the recent past we can see mans inhumanity to man, and its happening everyday, somewhere in the world right here, right now, is a victim of genocide and/or murder.

Its only humans who kill for pleasure, not bodily survival!... :urwelcome: 

So true, and people who worry about a bird here and there being killed by their cat, don't give a rats about the animals that are killed to feed themselves and their cat, a life is a life.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:56 am

gigpdo wrote:I care about all "Gods little creatures", even meeces, i lived in a town with a mice plague, and i probably captured and drowned a few thousand mice over a 9 month period, did i feel guilty?..well no,...did i feel sympathy?..yes,..but it was an " us and them " thing really, these vermin carrying critters were everywhere, but i drowned them as humanely as i could..thats life, death of one is survival of another, natural predation did not work.... :urwelcome: 

You should of got the the pied piper lol. :happy:
    Crystal7

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2018-02-06

Post  Crystal7 Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Well when i saw this post I had to reply!!. Cats cats cats,That's me. The crazy cat lady!!. As said in other replies they are natural predators and us lovely humans give them a loving home but they do what they wld do if they didn't have that loving home. Hunt,kill and survive. Yes I don't like seeing my Duchess torment a tiny bird ECT but that's what they do and it's all part of being a curious cat.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:45 am