Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Haunted?

Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Number of posts : 369
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

Haunted? Empty Haunted?

Post  Cassy7 Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi

I'd like to share something that happened yesterday.  Through a local history group I was contacted by someone who is buying the cottage next door to the one I lived in as a child.  The cottages have historical interest and he asked me what I know about them.  

Last night he let me know he is moving in there in a few days.  In my reply I sent him a photograph I've recently been given of the lady who lived in his cottage when I was young.  She was a close friend of my family and the photo was taken in 1918 so it is charming and I thought he'd like to see it.  

He replied by asking me if I'd heard that his cottage is haunted. He said that several people have told him that it is, and an ex-resident told him that the chairs near the fireplace in the lounge used to move.  I told him that one of the things I particularly recall about the lady in the photograph is that she and her second husband never sat on their sofa or easy chairs, they always sat on dining chairs right in front of the fire.  It's how I always think of them, sitting there in that way.  He told me that it was seeing her photograph that had prompted him to ask me the question. 

For the last few years of her life the lady in the photograph used to tell my mother and I that she longed to be with her first husband who died very young.  After she passed away a medium gave my mother a message from her which was "at last" - and we took that to mean she was at last reunited with her husband as she had wished.  

I wonder why then (if it is her) this lady is still attached to the cottage and moves the chairs? 

Cassy
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female
    Job/hobbies : Retired. I love walking my dogs by the sea, gardening and researching my family tree.

Haunted? Empty Re: Haunted?

Post  Cassy7 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Just to add that yesterday I was contacted by the great niece of this lady's first husband - she is researching the family tree and asked me for information.  I found it a coincidence being contacted by her and the person moving into the lady's cottage in the same week.  The great niece asked me if I knew that the lady's first husband died tragically in a cycle accident in 1937.  I'd never heard that, but we researched it together and found the newspaper account of the death and inquest which agree with the details we have on him.
    Margo9023
    Margo9023
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2018-02-11

Post  Margo9023 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi Cassy7! I've been reading your post and waiting to see if anyone post anything. Very interesting and at the same time tragic.

I think the story will come together some with more post. There's other forums too that u may want to try to post into. For example cardtomacy forum which is for the subjects of Tarot cards and Lenormand Cards but they have other post of other subjects.
    Just a suggestion to try to help u get answers.
    Luv & Peace
    Margo💜

Sent from Topic'it App
    Margo9023
    Margo9023
    Just joined

Post  Margo9023 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi Cassy7! I also read pictures and so do others. So there may be a place to post the picture and get feedback if you wish.

Luv & Peace
    Margo💜

Sent from Topic'it App
    Aetheria
    Aetheria

Female
    Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2017-07-10

Post  Aetheria Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 pm

I'd say the spirit of the old lady was reunited with her husband, tho I feel that they still have an attachment to the house perhaps. Since that's where her and her husband used to sit that you know of..
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 am

Margo9023 wrote:Hi Cassy7! I also read pictures and so do others. So there may be a place to post the picture and get feedback if you wish.

Luv & Peace
    Margo💜

Sent from Topic'it App
    Thank you for your kind replies Margo, very much appreciated.  I'll have a go at posting the photograph here!  Cassy x
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 am

Aetheria wrote:I'd say the spirit of the old lady was reunited with her husband, tho I feel that they still have an attachment to the house perhaps. Since that's where her and her husband used to sit that you know of..
    Thank you Aetheria.  Yes I feel they are reunited too - particularly as my mother had the message "at last" from her.  We all knew immediately what she meant as we had heard her talk about longing to be reunited with her first husband for so long.  I wonder if the chairs moving is connected to her second husband?  The synchronicity of two different people contacting me the same week about this lady does make me think something is going on!
    Cassy x
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:01 am

Haunted? Marria10

Gladys and Ernest (her first husband) standing behind the bride who is Gladys' sister.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 am

Haunted? Cyclis10
    Haunted? Droitw10
    Margo9023
    Margo9023
    Just joined

Post  Margo9023 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:06 am

Cassy7 wrote:
    Margo9023 wrote:Hi Cassy7! I also read pictures and so do others. So there may be a place to post the picture and get feedback if you wish.

Luv & Peace
    Margo💜

Thank you for your kind replies Margo, very much appreciated.  I'll have a go at posting the photograph here!  Cassy x

Hi Cassy! Thank you! I will look at the pic! I hope others may find the pic of help too possibly.
    Luv & Peace
    Margo
    💜

Sent from Topic'it App
    Aetheria
    Aetheria

Female

Post  Aetheria Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 am

Cassy7 wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:I'd say the spirit of the old lady was reunited with her husband, tho I feel that they still have an attachment to the house perhaps. Since that's where her and her husband used to sit that you know of..
    Thank you Aetheria.  Yes I feel they are reunited too - particularly as my mother had the message "at last" from her.  We all knew immediately what she meant as we had heard her talk about longing to be reunited with her first husband for so long.  I wonder if the chairs moving is connected to her second husband?  The synchronicity of two different people contacting me the same week about this lady does make me think something is going on!
    Cassy x
    You are welcome. I just thought that the chairs moving was linked to who her and her husband who she wanted to reunite with. Since they both sat in chairs by the fireplace.
    Cassy7
    Cassy7

Female

Post  Cassy7 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 am

Aetheria wrote:
    Cassy7 wrote:
    Cassy x
    You are welcome. I just thought that the chairs moving was linked to who her and her husband who she wanted to reunite with. Since they both sat in chairs by the fireplace.
    No, sorry I think I've mislead you.  It was her second husband in that house that she sat by the fire with - it was when they were elderly and were only comfortable sitting on dining chairs. x
    Aetheria
    Aetheria

Female

Post  Aetheria Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 am

Cassy7 wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:
    Cassy7 wrote:
    Cassy x
    No, sorry I think I've mislead you.  It was her second husband in that house that she sat by the fire with - it was when they were elderly and were only comfortable sitting on dining chairs. x
    Yeah, you didn't say if it was her 1st or 2nd. It's alright. I just went with which ever she sat on the chairs with by the fireplace. I think it's cause of the memories there that they had while they sat by the fireplace those times

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 am