Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Native spirit
psychoslice
Violet
7 posters

Is religion..

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is religion.. Empty Is religion..

Post  Violet Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 pm

...generally speaking, becoming a thing of the past , outdated?

And do you think a world without religion again generally speaking make a better world or a worse one?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Is religion.. Empty Re: Is religion..

Post  psychoslice Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:34 am

I would have to say both, there is good in everything and there is also bad in everything. :evil1:
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:57 pm

Well religion is the cause of a lot of wars to me religion as it is a form of control if you do not follow the rules,you will be  damned.
     myself I Follow my own path.
     in times gone by for every Chapel or Church you had as many pubs.especially here in Wales/now you have a couple of each. both have gone.
     People don't want churches anymore the older generation are the ones that keep them going.
      People don't want that community anymore. I am a spiritualist I follow my own path if I want to prayer I do it outside in Nature. it suits me people have to find what is right for them.

Namaste
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:21 am

Native spirit wrote: Well religion is the cause of a lot of wars to me religion as it is a form of control if you do not follow the rules,you will be  damned.
     myself I Follow my own path.
     in times gone by for every Chapel or Church you had as many pubs.especially here in Wales/now you have a couple of each. both have gone.
     People don't want churches anymore the older generation are the ones that keep them going.
      People don't want that community anymore. I am a spiritualist I follow my own path if I want to prayer I do it outside in Nature. it suits me people have to find what is right for them.

Namaste
    Sound great, and yes that is my way of living also. :astar:
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Violet wrote:...generally speaking, becoming a thing of the past , outdated?

And do you think a world without religion again generally speaking make a better world or a worse one?
    A thing of the past?  It's not what I'm seeing and I have no idea if a world without it would be better or worse.  It's guesswork and the idea is unlikely to be tested.  I see folk who appear happy with their religion irrespective of anyone else's perceptions of its failings.  Who could justifiably tell those folk they're wrong or honestly conclude that the world would be better without one particular religion or another or even all of 'em?
    sttroy

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  sttroy Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:44 am

This is a quote from my church's FAQ page asking if my church is religious...

Look at the root of the word religion, which is LIG. What is the definition of lig? As you can see in the Miriam-Webster dictionary (below screen capture) it means lie.  The other definitions I found for the word lig was to sit back and do nothing, and to engage entertainment - all of which is satanic being that satan is false belief - a lie.  Combine the prefix RE and the suffix IOUS and you get a definition that is absolutely atrocious! Then if you combine the words religion and religious you get the following definition: To repeat  and become glorified lies while doing nothing (to resolve mortality) while entertaining yourself and being awesome at it.  This is a perfect definition and/or recipe for brainwashing. It can also be called social engineering where people who understand the mechanics of consciousness can organize and create religions in order to control the actions of individuals in society for their personal, selfish benefit that is based on the principle of Order Out of Chaos, all through brainwashing.

The effect of religion on society is a mass brainwashing and controlling effect. An example would be to worship god. Religions invent and assign specific satanic characteristics to their god or deity (e.g., anger, jealously, sacrifice, judgment) and then worshiping that deity infects these souls with these satanic characteristics which is false beliefs/satan. What will set you free? Truth! What does religion focus on? Lies and slandering the truth through various methods.  Repetitive rituals based on lies converts people to become satanic. As a result meaningless practices and rituals that accomplish nothing while being entertaining consumes the religious person’s life unto their death, hence, 'religion'. 

I believe the world would be better without, however, you can't just eliminate religion for we are belief based creatures so the only way to eliminate religion is replace it with truth.
    tucker68
    tucker68

Male
    Number of posts : 29
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2013-07-04

Post  tucker68 Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:50 pm

sttroy wrote:This is a quote from my church's FAQ page asking if my church is religious...

Look at the root of the word religion, which is LIG. What is the definition of lig? As you can see in the Miriam-Webster dictionary (below screen capture) it means lie.  The other definitions I found for the word lig was to sit back and do nothing, and to engage entertainment - all of which is satanic being that satan is false belief - a lie.  Combine the prefix RE and the suffix IOUS and you get a definition that is absolutely atrocious! Then if you combine the words religion and religious you get the following definition: To repeat  and become glorified lies while doing nothing (to resolve mortality) while entertaining yourself and being awesome at it.  This is a perfect definition and/or recipe for brainwashing. It can also be called social engineering where people who understand the mechanics of consciousness can organize and create religions in order to control the actions of individuals in society for their personal, selfish benefit that is based on the principle of Order Out of Chaos, all through brainwashing.

The effect of religion on society is a mass brainwashing and controlling effect. An example would be to worship god. Religions invent and assign specific satanic characteristics to their god or deity (e.g., anger, jealously, sacrifice, judgment) and then worshiping that deity infects these souls with these satanic characteristics which is false beliefs/satan. What will set you free? Truth! What does religion focus on? Lies and slandering the truth through various methods.  Repetitive rituals based on lies converts people to become satanic. As a result meaningless practices and rituals that accomplish nothing while being entertaining consumes the religious person’s life unto their death, hence, 'religion'. 

I believe the world would be better without, however, you can't just eliminate religion for we are belief based creatures so the only way to eliminate religion is replace it with truth.
    sttroy, what you posted is quite interesting. And maybe a demonstration of what you are talking about "religion" doing. My dictionary says that Religion is n. 1a. Belief in and a reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe. That is the definition of "religion" in today's world and in today's world is where we are discussing this. 

So what is "truth"? You can't prove that there is not a supernatural power out there that "religion" calls Creator. So whatever your truth is it has to be speculation just like most of religion is speculation. And as for brainwashing, it would be alive and well without "religion". And, your post would be an example of why.

Love, tucker
    Rah nam
    Rah nam

Male
    Number of posts : 43
    Job/hobbies : non
    Registration date : 2018-07-27

Post  Rah nam Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:58 am

Violet wrote:...generally speaking, becoming a thing of the past , outdated?

Yes and no....

On one hand there are forces on this planet who try to establish a "One world order", one world religion as we can see from Rome and one world government through the UN.

On the other hand we have more and more people awakening and with it move out of the constrains of the religious doctrines.

We choose if we want to be part of Violets butterflies or remain as a caterpillar .

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am