Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
kazandlee
skye
1antique
Soaring Bird
ZombieChaser
Violet
10 posters

A curse

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

A curse Empty A curse

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 am

What happens when someone doesn't want their mediumship and fight it all the way, can it ever become a curse?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

A curse Empty Re: A curse

Post  ZombieChaser Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:07 am

Could become more like a haunting but I do not see a curse per say. I do not see where one would have to accept it anyway.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

A curse Empty Uh Huh

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 am

I know of two people who literally went 'mad' in Somerset which is probably why I am afraid of hearing, which is probably why I can hear very little from spirit world.
    A curse 577431 x A curse 531481
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:44 am

A gift ( if I must use that word) is just that. It does not have to be accepted, but, just as it takes work to develop the ability given, it also takes work to completely block it out.

I am just happy that the stigma that has been attached to second sight has finally begun to melt away. I hope that, someday soon, it will no longer be something to hide, but will be searched out more and more. ( yes, I know that most of us will deny trying to hide our gifts, but, most of us still will not open up completely about them.)
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:14 pm

Violet wrote:What happens when someone doesn't want their mediumship and fight it all the way, can it ever become a curse?

If you don't use it you lose it, so it goes. I would be very surprised if a spirit guide forced mediumship on to any one person, seems to go against everything I know about guides and mediumship, although I know I don't know all it seems highly unlikely to me.
    If it's pertaining to the inner psychic ability that we all have, rather than mediumship, then maybe we would just have to learn to ignore it. But as intuition can be helpful to us as individuals perhaps that's not always the best thing. Although there will always be some who choose to ignore it or are unaware they have it.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm

1antique wrote:A gift ( if I must use that word) is just that. It does not have to be accepted, but, just as it takes work to develop the ability given, it also takes work to completely block it out.

I am just happy that the stigma that has been attached to second sight has finally begun to melt away. I hope that, someday soon, it will no longer be something to hide, but will be searched out more and more. ( yes, I know that most of us will deny trying to hide our gifts, but, most of us still will not open up completely about them.)
    My beliefs are the one thing about myself that I would never hide

Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

A curse Empty Believe

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm the same as Violet. Hence the reason my work colleagues think Im a bit strange or that in thier words Im,"into all that heebegeebee stuff" and as I posted the reaction from the Drs when I declared my religion as Wiccan. Nor do I try to hide my tatoo.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Soaring Bird wrote:I'm the same as Violet. Hence the reason my work colleagues think Im a bit strange or that in thier words Im,"into all that heebegeebee stuff" and as I posted the reaction from the Drs when I declared my religion as Wiccan. Nor do I try to hide my tatoo.

YOu haven't got swine flu have you SB or is it just flu? Good to hear you've been to the dr's.

What's your tattoo?

Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

A curse Empty Tats

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi Violet,
    The spiritual tatoo I have is the pentacle on my arm almost 2" diameter, on my other arm I have some chinese writing.
    I never asked the Dr about my flu, in fact I never got to see a Dr it was a drop in centre with a nurse. No, yesterday I sneezes and something in my backbone at the top near the neck popped out. I pushed it back in as soon as it happened. Havent a clue what it was but the nurse says Ive probably trapped a nerve or pulled a muscle. But the pain in my shoulder down to my elbow and continuing down to my two fingers is sore. I was told to get some painkillers and execrcise my neck. I thought I knew that before I went there but hey, at least I went.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 pm

Violet wrote:

As I know I have said before, I have a rather intersting combination of beliefs in my family: A presbeterian minister, a holy roller cultist, a Jehovah's Witness, an athiest, and ....me. Even the mainstream beliefs do not discuss things much as it leads to too many arguements. So, I stay quiet and keep the peace.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

A curse Empty Maybe

Post  Soaring Bird Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 am

1antique wrote:Violet wrote:

As I know I have said before, I have a rather intersting combination of beliefs in my family: A presbeterian minister, a holy roller cultist, a Jehovah's Witness, an athiest, and ....me. Even the mainstream beliefs do not discuss things much as it leads to too many arguements. So, I stay quiet and keep the peace.
    Maybe you have something there 1Antique, if everyone in the world kept there beliefs to themselves from the beginning of time there would never have been one single religious war!!!!
    But then again, humans being humans would probably have found another reason for war, like difference in hair colour. Seems to be any excuse sometimes. A curse 831496
    Hugs A curse 531481
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:56 am

Yes they would have found something to fight over

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

A curse Empty Mediumship

Post  kazandlee Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:59 am

Hi All, i went through a phase 2 years ago, i was reading an average of 6 people per week, i didnt advertise for them however, they come to me via word of mouth, it was just getting to much on top of a day job too, one night, i have to admitt i did not ground myself fully, when i left, i went home, i felt like the spirits were still with me, i had night mares for 3 nights, i felt low, ill, i felt as i i had taken on board those peoples poblems and they had stayed with me.

In time, the feeling went, but ialways made sure i grounded myself first, and at the end, lift my roots from the ground slowly and since then, had no problems.

Lee

www.eastridingparanormal.com
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male

A curse Empty Similar

Post  Soaring Bird Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi Kazandlee, I've had a similar experience but with healing where I left myself unprotected then got the same injury I had just channeled healing on for a friend, swollen knee, aftereffects of his operation, then promptly sat down at my desk and inexplicably banged the same knee on the table which later developed into a tumour (non cancerous) which last year I had to get operated on to remove it. That was a very big lesson to learn.
    Hugs A curse 531481
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male

A curse Empty Curse

Post  kazandlee Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:22 am

Yeah, i think these obsticals are put there for a reason, im glad you turned out to be ok though, its important to remember that we are all still participating in a huge learning curve.

Lee.

www.eastridingparanormal.com

Soaring Bird wrote:Hi Kazandlee, I've had a similar experience but with healing where I left myself unprotected then got the same injury I had just channeled healing on for a friend, swollen knee, aftereffects of his operation, then promptly sat down at my desk and inexplicably banged the same knee on the table which later developed into a tumour (non cancerous) which last year I had to get operated on to remove it. That was a very big lesson to learn.
    Hugs A curse 531481
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:22 pm

It can be hard to close down, especially if you are on a high after readings or healing, I think the worst thing that happened to me was taking on board the emotions of someone who was in a very dark place, that was really difficult to release afterwards and doesn't normally happen to me.
    As you say Lee it's all learning and developing there is imo no such thing as a fully developed medium.

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male

A curse Empty Learning

Post  kazandlee Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Violet wrote:It can be hard to close down, especially if you are on a high after readings or healing, I think the worst thing that happened to me was taking on board the emotions of someone who was in a very dark place, that was really difficult to release afterwards and doesn't normally happen to me.
    As you say Lee it's all learning and developing there is imo no such thing as a fully developed medium.

Yeah Viloet, we should never be so proud to say we are still learning either, dont you just dispare at people who think they know it all.

Lee.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male

A curse Empty Well put

Post  kazandlee Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:20 am

zach wrote:yes there are some cases that this may happen because as far as I know if you are gifted in this particular area it means that your God is determine that you are perfectly suit in this plan...

and you cannot change the plan of our deities

If this happen we must put this on our mind that our part here is to be faithful and available and aware of opportunities to use are gifts. Mediumship is a gift.

When you feel impelled to help fill a need . i mean when you are inwardly driven to serve then listen to those thoughts and you will soon realize that these gifts were given to us for us to be equipped along with our gifted people and serve those who need gladly.

Mmm, well put Zach.

Lee.
    gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  gwenddydd Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:00 pm

What happens when someone doesn't want their mediumship and fight it all the way, can it ever become a curse?

I think that yes, some sensitive people may experience what they sense as being a nightmare or nightmares, mostly out of a lack of knowledge or understanding for what they are going through, and thus find it a curse and hard to carry around. I do however feel that we can learn to block it out, fully or to an extent. Same way we can embrace it.

I can give some examples close to home. My mum is/was a natural at the Astral Projection gig. From her early teens onward, every night when she went to sleep, she had the sensation of falling through her bed. As she didn’t know what it was, it scared the beejeezus out of her. Over time she learned to block it out, but until she did she lost quite some nights of sleep over it. Only when I started reading Astral Dynamics (Robert Bruce) did she realize that was it, some 30 years later.

Another example is my grandmother (in law) she has the uncanny knack of sensing the births and deaths of those in the “family” She doesn’t much fancy the latter, and I can understand why, especially as she gets visual and auditory blibs with what she senses... She’s blocked it out, for the most part, but not completely. In my opinion because she likes the births to much to block it completely... She feels it is a curse...I’d say it’s a gift...

As for the bit where mediumship, intuition or whatever label you want to give it, being a gift from “fill in the deity of your choice” and thus something that has to be accepted no matter what. I can’t agree with that, as that would kinda botch up the entire free will thing wouldn’t it..?

Just my two cents.

Love
    A curse 348985
    Gwen.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:20 am

Yes i've heard of people who were plagued by spirit and it really frightened them, they didn't want it.

miniboobum
    miniboobum

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : mum
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  miniboobum Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:22 pm

i think that you need to leanr to control it. when i was young i would see and hear things noone else did. i was thought of as imaginative, till i was in my mums old house and talking to her best friend in front of mum, the problem with that was her best friend died before i was born. so at that point my folks figured out something was different about me A curse 160943 .
    as i grew up i learned to tell them to back off and leave me in peace if i was busy. nowerdays i see and hear spirit quite regularly but know how to stop them getting close if i am not ready to deal with them. it has taken a long time and a lot of reading to get to there though
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 pm

i was thought of as imaginative,
    same here miniboobum but I had no idea what was going on and it's all very hazy now, but I remember a few things which i've since realised were very different from what other kids were experiencing. That must have spooked your mum out.

miniboobum
    miniboobum

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : mum
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  miniboobum Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 pm

she was horrified i think . she got used to it though and in the end would tell me to stop speaking to those people A curse 368832 . for some reason she thought that was an easy thing to do.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:46 pm

A curse 809779 I bet she was horrified it must have been a shock to her.
    I remember getting told off for telling someone they were pregnant A curse 809779 they wanted to know how I knew, but I couldn't explain how I knew, I just did

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 pm