Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
kazandlee
Little Wolf
shayn
mia
Violet
9 posters

Is wanting it enough?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is wanting it enough? Empty Is wanting it enough?

Post  Violet Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:12 am

How many people want to become mediums? Is it a want or a 'calling', have you been told you are gifted that way or have the potential to become a medium? Or have things just always happened around you such as hearing voices or seeing spirits.

What do you think spirit expect of you in order for them to help you develop mediumship, or is simply wanting to do it enough ?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Is wanting it enough? Empty Re: Is wanting it enough?

Post  mia Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:10 pm

I have always for as long as I can remember, wanted to be a medium.
    I do get messages for others now and then, I do trance work, I channel healing energy and healers.
    So I spose in a way that is being a medium.
    But I want to give messages to people from their loved ones.
    So, no wanting is not enough.
    You have to use the gifts you were given. Cos they are what you are best at.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 pm

i don't think wanting is enough, one should be ready and sometimes being ready and wanting is not the same.i know of people who got the gifts but didn't ask for it nor want it.
    what do you think violet?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:40 am

I think why you want it is just as important as wanting it, if you intend to use it for good that's fine but of course there are others who only want to profit or become famous (not that all famous mediums are in it for that reason.) I think a lot depends on intent and spirit probably knows better than we do why we really want to do it.

As shayn pointed out, some get them and don't even want them, it makes you wonder why sometimes their abilities are so good yet unused when others are working very hard and sometimes for many years to reawaken those abilities, (as I believe we are all born with those abilities.)

Little Wolf

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-10-31

Post  Little Wolf Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:49 am

You don’t learn to be a medium or just want to be a Medium... Everyone has the ability some more then others. You don’t have to be a medium to connect with spirit.

Firstly and most important is to learn the basics like protection and grounding. You don’t want to attract a lower entity. You want to be working with higher entity. You wouldn’t work as an electrician before learning how to not get electrocuted.

Creators Blessings
    Mel
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Is wanting it enough? Empty Yes I Agree

Post  kazandlee Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 am

Little Wolf wrote:You don’t learn to be a medium or just want to be a Medium... Everyone has the ability some more then others. You don’t have to be a medium to connect with spirit.

Firstly and most important is to learn the basics like protection and grounding. You don’t want to attract a lower entity. You want to be working with higher entity. You wouldn’t work as an electrician before learning how to not get electrocuted.

Creators Blessings
    Mel

Mel is o right, i am asked by people all the time, " how can i become a medium" the answer is, you either have the gift, or you dont, yes you can learn how to read cards, but that alone will not connect you to the Spirit world, i to be honest, dont have a clue n the Tarrot, i read Jewlrey, Pictures, obejcts, and an make connection through one to one either by visual, or letters, so long as a connection can be made, and you have the gift, then you can succeed.

Lets be honest though, the realy gifted ones are Spirit world themselves.

Thats just my thoughts.

Lee

www.eastridingparanormal.com
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Lee i agree but not agree, like in art, and actually in everything in life, the really good ones are the gifted ones, but to some degrees you can learn and practice. so one might not be the best in mediumship but still practice it to a point. this is what i feel, and think.but going back to the original question, which kept popping to my mind every now and then, i feel that one should be well rooted in life and in loving life to be a medium. maybe i'm wrong, so please let me know what you think about this, like a healer should be well grounded when giving healing. 
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 pm

I feel we are all born with these abilities, but many misplace them on the journey to adulthood, I believe many of us can re discover them if we choose to, I sort of agree with shayn that some may only get so far with it while others develop immensely (but never fully, as it's all progression and a journey in itself) that's why I asked is wanting it enough.

I think a lot depends on who you are, the experiences you've had etc, I think wanting it does come into it, just as some don't want it and turn their backs on it, but I don't think wanting it is ever enough.

kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male

Is wanting it enough? Empty Well put

Post  kazandlee Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 am

Well put Viloet.

Lee

Violet wrote:I feel we are all born with these abilities, but many misplace them on the journey to adulthood, I believe many of us can re discover them if we choose to, I sort of agree with shayn that some may only get so far with it while others develop immensely (but never fully, as it's all progression and a journey in itself) that's why I asked is wanting it enough.

I think a lot depends on who you are, the experiences you've had etc, I think wanting it does come into it, just as some don't want it and turn their backs on it, but I don't think wanting it is ever enough.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 am

aww thanks Lee Is wanting it enough? 28115

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:07 am

Violet wrote:I feel we are all born with these abilities, but many misplace them on the journey to adulthood, I believe many of us can re discover them if we choose to, I sort of agree with shayn that some may only get so far with it while others develop immensely (but never fully, as it's all progression and a journey in itself) that's why I asked is wanting it enough.

I don't think it's that we are born with these abilities, per se. We are spirit having a human existence. So it's only natural for spirit to see other spirit. With time, we learn to tune back into spirit. So we can see what is already there. Spirit is there all the time. We just are unable to vibrate high enough to see it constantly. In our human forms. So when that happens spirit has to vibrate slower to meet us in the middle so we can see them.

So in essence anyone can learn to see spirit.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 am

innerlight wrote:

I don't think it's that we are born with these abilities, per se. We are spirit having a human existence. So it's only natural for spirit to see other spirit. With time, we learn to tune back into spirit. So we can see what is already there. Spirit is there all the time. We just are unable to vibrate high enough to see it constantly. In our human forms. So when that happens spirit has to vibrate slower to meet us in the middle so we can see them.

So in essence anyone can learn to see spirit.
    it sounds to me as both of you say the same thing only in different words. seeing and hearing and talking to spirits, it is something everyone can do if one wants to. but then one should remember or relearn how to do it. where i think wanting will not be enough.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male

Is wanting it enough? Empty Blessed

Post  kazandlee Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:18 am

zach wrote:I am a medium and I fell im so blessed

Yes, i feel it is a blessing, i havent come across one reading i have done that hasnt helped someone, even if its just a glimmer of hope, i feel so high when i can see a sad face begin to smile again after blessing them with nice information.

Lee.

Post  Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:53 pm

kazandlee wrote:Well put Viloet.

Lee

I totally agree here as well... Very nicely put, Violet...

I myself would enjoy being a medium...I agree that one should be ready - however one would like to define that... I would like to think I'm 'ready' but I suspect that one never really knows IF they are, until it happens that an opportunity (or possibility) to do the work, presents itself. I certainly feel that fame and fortune shouldn't be the driving force, but then again, I certainly don't begrudge those who have this type of abundance in their lives because of their gift (or that it makes their gift less valid)..
    Btw, Hello & nice to 'meet' you, Kaz.. Is wanting it enough? 529620

Love & Light - Cam/EM from SM
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Hello
    I live by becareful on what on wishes for or asks to have come to them. Yes we are all with the abilities to some extent but does one really want all that comes with being a Medium maybe not.
    I have memories from the age of 6 year's old and while the childhood I had I embrace for bringing me to whom I be today would wish that on NO ONE.
    I do talk with the dead yes and that is a wonderful thing, but it comes with a price at times. I at times am given the task of bringing someone home that sadly is missing. Great reward in the closeure it brings forth but too incredibly sad at the loss there be.
    I have three kids all with the gifts I do the eldest is me all over again. Vissions and all but as we talk openly on it he is so fine with it all. Goes to me one day Man does some horrid things to one's fellow man at times. The event he told me of was a child. I helped him understand that this child could come home not living but at least safe. He did the report and the child was found.....and brought to rest. Its not the best of gifts but for some reason we be given them.

Lynn
    Lightseeker
    Lightseeker

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  Lightseeker Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:36 am

During my time at developing listening to and seeing Spirit, aside from regular meditation and protection, I was told that you could not rush it.
    It was likened to a Flower that had to be allowed to gently bloom. This proved at length to be exactly the case. Like something that had to happen at it's own speed.
    Further , It was demonstrated to me that my initial frustrations of wanting to run before I could walk may have served to delay such development.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:04 am

Further , It was demonstrated to me that my initial frustrations of wanting to run before I could walk may have served to delay such development.
    Yes I think you're right here I spent a long time 'lost' for that reason I was far too impatient.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 pm