Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
millergrls
SparK
Akyana
Sacred-Star
Lynn
skye
Elfay
Lovinthejourney
kazandlee
Carolyn
innerlight
mia
Violet
17 posters

Can you really drain someone

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Can you really drain someone Empty Can you really drain someone

Post  Violet Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:25 pm

psychically? You hear about psychic vampires but do you believe there is any truth in it?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Can you really drain someone Empty Re: Can you really drain someone

Post  mia Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Yes, I believe it.
    My mum would drain me before my dad died.
    I would come away exhausted, mentally and physically.
    I was ok with my dad.
    I find even now I hold back from her.
    My sister is the same, she wears me out.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 am

Hi mia do you think people are aware that they are doing it? Do you think maybe some people do it on purpose or do you think it is it just one of those things which can't be helped? The questions are open to all btw Can you really drain someone 809779

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:33 am

Violet wrote:Hi mia do you think people are aware that they are doing it? Do you think maybe some people do it on purpose or do you think it is it just one of those things which can't be helped? The questions are open to all btw Can you really drain someone 809779

In some cases.. I think they don't do it on purpose. Some are just really depressed or sad, and they just like to be around you because you are upbeat and happy.

Depression, sadness, anything negative can spread, and it spreads fast.

Some people do prey on others energy. Not really in a vampiric way, more that they see you are being happy, and in a good mood, and want to bring you to their level.

Hence the saying misery loves company, and if I can't be happy, then neither can you.
    mia
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:34 pm

No, Violet, they dont know they are doing it, my family I mean.
    They just know that while I am there they can feel better.
    When my mum hugs me I can feel my strength going.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 pm

yes draining is real. my aunt used to do this before she spent several yrs on personal trust issues, anger, self hatred, blaming others for her child abuse. my oldest daughter sometimes drains, but i also shield so it doesnt work on me. UNLESS im already sick. i think my second oldest daughter feels the draining because she stays just a little tiny bit sick, or feels pain in her body, unexplained problems.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:51 am

Some people do prey on others energy. Not really in a vampiric way, more that they see you are being happy, and in a good mood, and want to bring you to their level.

I think sometimes they hope another's happiness will rub off on them too Can you really drain someone 821538

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:52 am

czardoust wrote:yes draining is real. my aunt used to do this before she spent several yrs on personal trust issues, anger, self hatred, blaming others for her child abuse. my oldest daughter sometimes drains, but i also shield so it doesnt work on me. UNLESS im already sick. i think my second oldest daughter feels the draining because she stays just a little tiny bit sick, or feels pain in her body, unexplained problems.

I find it worse when i'm unwell, usually it doesn't get to me.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:10 am

Violet wrote:Some people do prey on others energy. Not really in a vampiric way, more that they see you are being happy, and in a good mood, and want to bring you to their level.

That could be true as well. They are down and want to be near someone that is cheery in hopes that it will perk them up.

Sometimes the opposite inadvertently happens and they bring you down.
    kazandlee
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Can you really drain someone Empty Draining

Post  kazandlee Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:06 pm

I have met some very draining people during my experiences, i try not to connect with them too much during readings, the sceptics are usualy the ones that drain me of energy, if i feel i cant get anywere during the reading i will usualy close early, i see no point in gathering negative energies, there more than enough to go round already.

Lee.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:57 am

That's certainly true.

Lovinthejourney
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lovinthejourney Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:42 pm

It took me a good 2 years to realize that the energy in my mom's house completely drained me. I couldn't understand why I always left there feeling so lethargic. Always needed a nap afterwards. Even if I only stayed a short time!
    Elfay
    Elfay

Female
    Number of posts : 341

Post  Elfay Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:39 pm

Yes ! I've been a victum to being drained more than once! It physically makes me ill and very weak. It makes it VERY difficult to shielding and to ground myself. Its a trapped feeling when someone drains me. I try to shield and ground myself daily and several times a day.

When I am feeling negative and go into a forum I try to shield myself so others won't pickup my negative energy. No sure if it works.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:11 pm

I know you can 'pull' energy from another person deliberately, even if they have placed a barrier of protection around them. I'm not sure if this is the same as what some people may assume are the alleged activities of a psychic vampire.
    Under normal, every day situations, perhaps we have each experienced at one time or another, a depletion of our energy or an increase of it, dependant on the type of company we are in.
    I'm sure we all prefer an influx of invigorating energy to that of feeling much the worse for wear. Although I don't imagine the people who, for whatever reason, are aware of just how much of an impact their attitude and/or outlook can have on others especially during times of stress.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics

Post  Lynn Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 am

Hello

YES and YES to that one. Often one might not be aware one is doing it. In that case forgivness is given. In other cases its on purpose and its tactical in nature and approach. Can come in the form of an attack. Its wrong and its an invation of one's personal space. Like "cold reading" . Takin from one without permissions.
    Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 12, 2010 12:45 am

Some great responses there, I was interested in the mention of a house which was draining as i've felt that way in some houses.
    Although I don't imagine the people who, for whatever reason, are aware of just how much of an impact their attitude and/or outlook can have on others especially during times of stress.

It's amazing just how draining this is.

What are your thoughts on draining people from afar? Is this even possible?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed May 12, 2010 2:27 am

Violet wrote:Some great responses there, I was interested in the mention of a house which was draining as i've felt that way in some houses.
    Although I don't imagine the people who, for whatever reason, are aware of just how much of an impact their attitude and/or outlook can have on others especially during times of stress.

Hello

I so feel yes on yes. Its a connection made on one of the Levels of the Astral Plane. For some all that is needed it to be connected to the enrgy of another. Most times for me that be in a "Possitive" way I feel them and they feel me. Its open trust and understanding we "read" eachother.

Too it can be taken to the level of 'Psychic Vampire' be that real or not who is yet to say but again its all in the energy connections made. Its like say when someone makes one's skin crawl in not a good way same close on or distance.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Wed May 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Violet wrote:Some great responses there, I was interested in the mention of a house which was draining as i've felt that way in some houses.

I would say it is possible for people to feel drained after speaking to someone on the telephone for instance. Their low mood can often have an effect on us so that when we come off the phone we feel exhausted as if we have done a fair bit of work.
    I think the key is to detach from them as the conversation prolongs so that we are still able to offer help if asked or just to listen, yet from an objective perspective rather than getting too emotionally involved.
    Sacred-Star
    Sacred-Star

Female
    Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Sacred-Star Wed May 12, 2010 2:18 pm

I've come across numerous people in my life who have really drained my energy but they've not been aware of it.

I've met up with some friends in the past who when I am with them I suddenly feel really depressed and empty inside-this has happened quite often with these friends but I wouldn't say that they were aware of what they were doing. After about an hour I feel that they feel better and have almost always left with a feeling of brighter prospects and happiness.

Yes there are others who delibrately drain energy from others-there are all kinds of people in the world and there are those out there that prey on the energies of others. I don't think the world is a simple "people drain energy without knowing it" there are some who are aware of energy manipulation and will use it to their advantage.

I've come across a phony medium who did drain the energy from me when I first met her-it was weird as there was something about her that I found intriguing and images of her kept on popping up in my mind and I was suddenly thinking: "She's a powerful woman and I ought to go to her psychic development classes"
    I spent ages thinking about going to her so much so that I wasted some days doing nothing and not having the energy-all I could do was feel drawn to her.
    Luckily I didn't go and it was later on when another woman I knew who went to her to get a reading (she gave a completely phony reading and tried to get this woman to sign up for healing sessions) that I realised that something was not right about this medium.

I've also had my energy drained from me from a house or building and it is tiring. In fact once I was walking around a part of London where I used to live when I came upon a boys school that was closed and was being renovated-suddenly I felt something wrapping its negative energy around me-it felt as if I was being slowly strangled. I walked away from the building but the energy was still around my body and it made me feel weak and tired. I went home and the whole day I felt tired and a lack of motivation.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 pm

I would say it is possible for people to feel drained after speaking to someone on the telephone for instance. Their low mood can often have an effect on us so that when we come off the phone we feel exhausted as if we have done a fair bit of work.

This happens to me sometimes.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Yes there are others who delibrately drain energy from others
    I don't think i've experienced this deliberate draining yet

Akyana
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Akyana Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Violet wrote:psychically? You hear about psychic vampires but do you believe there is any truth in it?

Yes.

Some people do in on purpose, some dont.

If we can give, why not.
    If we cant, its beter to shield or avoid.

Another possibility is to teach the person to use other ways of feeding,
    if s-he is open to it.

Can you really drain someone 660782

For me ... I am very often tired after being with people,
    but not because they are vamps,
    rather...I am social chameleon, even aura wise
    (seen it on aura photos)
    and changing my aura and all is very tiring.

Really tiring, lol.
    SparK
    SparK

Male
    Number of posts : 113
    Job/hobbies : -----------
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post  SparK Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 am

Violet wrote:psychically? You hear about psychic vampires but do you believe there is any truth in it?

its true.. because i know someone like this.. and he's the one who first notice that i have something.. and i test him many times, yeah he can peek at your past NOT just your past, but your past struggle, fear etc that's holding you back.. and he's the one told me that when im doin some practice with he's help that i have tremendous aura pure white and its like my white shadow rising above as it spit out of my body. but got lucky he told me he'l never absorb mine cause were friends and he doesnt like white ones. he got BLACK.. BLACK AURA

and somehow his already expert than me but there's something in him that somehow he's afraid of me.. thanks to this ->(empathy).. i dunno why?
    millergrls
    millergrls

Female
    Number of posts : 1385
    Job/hobbies : Dispatcher
    Registration date : 2012-11-02

Post  millergrls Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:29 am

Can we drain ourselves? I think I did this to myself yesterday. I had bought my girls crystals and clensed them of negative energy, energized them through the night then dedicated them all and prgram them all there were quite a few. Afterwards i meditated and almost fell asleep three times and was exhausted for most of the day until I did a small meditation with the intentions of visualising my energy and vibration level increasing.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm

millergrls wrote:Can we drain ourselves? I think I did this to myself yesterday. I had bought my girls crystals and clensed them of negative energy, energized them through the night then dedicated them all and prgram them all there were quite a few. Afterwards i meditated and almost fell asleep three times and was exhausted for most of the day until I did a small meditation with the intentions of visualising my energy and vibration level increasing.

Hello

Yes we can and we often do. Most times for me I hear that inner voice saying ok done for now and I push forwards and get sick. Learning to listen more and more as I age.

Lynn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm