Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels Empty Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels

Post  Lynn Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Angels, Demons and Guardian Angels

What is an Angel ?

Well the definition in the Webster’s Dictionary is :

Heavenly messenger, spirit who conveys God’s will to man.

Biblical Book of Genesis , Job, Psalm have references to Angels.

It in Genesis that we first see the mention of Angels . After God created all things . It I here we learn of three that are prominent. Lucifer, ( also known by Satan) , or the Fallen Angel. Lucifer opposes God and is said to be cast out. There are two that are said to serve God, Michael who watches over Israel ( Book of Daniel 12.1). Gabriel who is said to deliver messages from the thrown of God. ( Daniel 8.16).

With the changing time how we see them too has come to change. We now questions and even examine them where as we used to just accept in them. We now ask how and Angel effects in our lives.

If we look to why they were created we find that God created them, they were created all at once to be righteous beings. God gave them the freedoms to accept and reject in worship of God. In Revelations it was Lucifer that lead the rebellion against God. This is where the name Demon enters in.
    Angels are said to be a direct creation of God. Like even Adam being said to be the Son of God.

It is said that there be no new Angels or Demons created, they all came forth at the time of the forming of the Earth.
    Angels are said to be eternal Angelic beings that live forever. The Heavenly Angels live separate from the Fallen Angels who are said to live in the Lake of Fire. ( Hell)

What does an Angel look like ? They are said to be spiritual beings with a body in that form. Not in the full physical body like man. They can take on physical form but only when permitted by God. They are to be unseen so that man did not fall to worship them. That worship was left to God.

Angels also come in ranks. Archangel , where the Bible does not give a full breakdown it is clear there is a ranking system. Michael is called an Archangel . There too are what is called Cherubs. Lucifer is said to be a Cherub before he turned against God.

Definitions :

Archangel :
    The term meaning a higher rank. Archangels are found in a number of religious traditions Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Zoroastrianism and Wicca.

Cherub :
    A winged celestial being. The second of nine orders of Angels in Medieval Angelology.
    Then too there are the Seraphim : The Four Living Creatures, said to like the Cherubs stand at the Thrown of God. They are said to be similar in appearance and also sing God’s Praises. They show in t he Book of Revelations 4.6-9 .

Ruling Angels who are said to have been given territories to over see.

Guardian Angels are said to be a group of Angels to protect the “ Little One’s “. Angels in them ministry of salvations. To guard and protect.

Definition :
    A Guardian Angel is an Angel assigned to protect and guide a particular person. The belief in Guardian Angels can be traced throughout all antiquity.

Hosts Angels are described as hosts , meaning army. The Lord calls Himself , the Lord of Hosts, He identifies his Heavenly Army.

What do Angels look like ?

Angels are said to appear in human form for the most part but have a glow to them so that they stand out more against man.

What is the role of an Angel ?

In Heaven they are to Worship God, to oversea humanity, and rejoice in the work for God.

On Earth Angels are to be involved with the duties of man, to work in the background so that man does not worship in them. They are to instruct in scripture . They are to protect the Lord’s servants from harms. They are to administer in God’s justice. Their final destiny is to work on Earth and Heaven.

Demons

A Demon is a Fallen Angel who is under the command of Lucifer ( Satan). Lucifer is from the Latin meaning “ Light Bearer” or “ Light Giver” . Lucifer is a Fallen Angel it is said that his pride was his downfall and he did not obey the Word of God and was cast out of Heaven. For some reason though in doing so he still retained his powers. He was called Lucifer in Heaven but Satan in his fall to Earth.
    The Book of Revelations is where we first see that balance of power in Good and Evil.

In later literary writing such as Paradise Lost by Milton, Lucifer is referred to as the demon of sinful pride. In the Devine Comedy by Dante Lucifer is referred to as the King o Hell.

Angles go to Heaven and to the good man does without Sin, and Lucifer goes to Hell and the Sin’s of Man.

Now some questions come from this.

What is an Angel to ye ?

Is a Guardian Angel the same as an Angel in the God terms?

Are Angels higher beings or the same as man ?

Are there true Demon’s ?

Is as Guardian Angel the same as a Guide?

Are they human in spirit form ? Or another being ?

Lucifer as a Fallen Angel why did he retain his powers?

Is there Heaven and Hell ?

Is there Sin ?

Angles

A Guidance, a feeling
    Angles can be sweet music on the wind,
    Or, an Angle can be with a sword at your side
    And a shield to protect.
    An Angle is a blessing in disguise,
    A heavy rain after a long doubt,
    Or a simple snow flake upon your nose.
    Angles are everywhere,
    Can’t you see ?

Nicholas Hartman

PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels Empty Re: Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels

Post  PPrncpl7 Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi Lynn
    An interesting post.
    Most of what you say about angels comes from the old testament-(and other sources).
    I have posted before about my journey in this lifetime--have come to accept spirituality-spiritualism! Before was fascinated by the old and new testament teachings about 'God', 'Angels' and 'Chosen People'.
    Modern day spiritualism has 7 principals--the SEVENTH is 'eternal progress open to every human soul'. Being a Maths/Science orientated person I was moved when discovering 'STRING THEORY'. I will not bore you with the details--you can google search if you want to pursue. The important part is that if string theory is accurate then the Universe must be at least 11 DIMENSIONAL.
    So I have reasoned we live in the 3 dimensional plane--spirit exist in the 4 dimensional plane--then what--ANGELS for me are at level 6 and God at level 11. It is open to every human soul to progress through the levels to level 11 where we will find 'God'.
    Was even moved to write a book--no masterpiece--will not become famous--but have written it in true Science Fiction fashion--'WHAT IF?'
    PPLL n L
    Peter
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels Empty Re: Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels

Post  Lynn Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:26 pm

PPrncpl7 wrote:Hi Lynn
    An interesting post.
    Most of what you say about angels comes from the old testament-(and other sources).
    I have posted before about my journey in this lifetime--have come to accept spirituality-spiritualism! Before was fascinated by the old and new testament teachings about 'God', 'Angels' and 'Chosen People'.
    Modern day spiritualism has 7 principals--the SEVENTH is 'eternal progress open to every human soul'. Being a Maths/Science orientated person I was moved when discovering 'STRING THEORY'. I will not bore you with the details--you can google search if you want to pursue. The important part is that if string theory is accurate then the Universe must be at least 11 DIMENSIONAL.
    So I have reasoned we live in the 3 dimensional plane--spirit exist in the 4 dimensional plane--then what--ANGELS for me are at level 6 and God at level 11. It is open to every human soul to progress through the levels to level 11 where we will find 'God'.
    Was even moved to write a book--no masterpiece--will not become famous--but have written it in true Science Fiction fashion--'WHAT IF?'
    PPLL n L
    Peter

Hello

I be well aware of the String Theory actually. Not many I cross paths with understand it.

Yes I do go to the OLD Testimate not the new version if I must read in the Bible that to me be the closest to maybe what was truly first written. Too it has been passed and re written by many a hand I be sure. In that too translations have been done. What the original draft truly was who is to know.....

This book how would one access that would love ot read it.

Lynn
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 am

<---- I love my Angel, I dont worship her, just Love.
    I think, she told me one day "Dont be afraid", but I dont remember.
    Why is it that songs only really tell me this? I can feel so much love from her, but when It stops she seems to go on pause. I dont understand. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 588401

angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 609912 Tony
    Mal5252
    Mal5252

Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels Empty What do angels look like?

Post  Mal5252 Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:53 am

Hello Lynn angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 609912 ,
    what do they look like? I've read and heard various descriptions of what angels look like. Many years ago (1974) I believe I met an angel (at least I assume it was). I'll try to make my story as brief as possible - in 1974, at the age of 22, I developed double pneumonia and several days later was rushed by ambulance to the hospital emergency ward, I was close to death. I had been unconcious for many hours then the first thing I was aware of was a sense of weightlessness and raising up off the hosp. bed. For the first time in more than a week I saw my own body laying there below me and at the same time I realised I was in a high state of alertness and awareness, I could see and hear everything that was happening within the ward. A few days later I was able to describe everything in detail. Gradually I became aware that I wasn't alone (spiritually speaking), I sensed an unseen presence which enveloped me in the most amazing unearthly love. Then a male voice spoke clearly to me, he called my name twice then said "It's not your time, go back now." The next thing I was aware of was awakening in the I.C.U. ward days later. So I couldn't tell you what he looked like but I know he was very real.
    Mal angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 28115
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 am

Hi Mal. welcome by the way, If I didnt get a chance to say hi before. I am new here as well. Looks like we both have had an NDE, mine was similar due to a poisoning. I didnt see mine as well, but I think mine was blocked, so I dont worship her, and she was very real! When I think of her now I see a face form, but no image. I remember a blue glow around mine, but no wings. I was too close. I always expect her to be around me now. I do remember touching her face and feeling a great piece, and divine love. Mine was in 1970 when I was 15. Thank you for sharing this, its seems to stay with us forever. Has it caused problems with relationships? I think that is why God is blocking it. I hope to see you more here. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 46693

Do you know whats funny, is that I have the feeling that when we do meet our Gaurdians, we will all say "Ohh it's you!!". When I was 15, nobody in my family died yet, so who is it??

Lynn, I keep reading your post on Angels here and its really quite nice, Im going to copy it for myslf to put in my Angel binder Im making. I've got about 100 pictures from the web and I want to document that as well. Guardians must be everwhere on this planet. Seems funny though that God made them once, I would have thought special people or saints become real Angels one day. Guess I want to be one someday. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 348985

-AT

Last edited by AngelTony on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:33 am; edited 4 times in total
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:27 am

[quote="Mal5252"]Hello Lynn angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 609912 ,
    what do they look like? I've read and heard various descriptions of what angels look like. Many years ago (1974) I believe I met an angel (at least I assume it was). I'll try to make my story as brief as possible - in 1974, at the age of 22, I developed double pneumonia and several days later was rushed by ambulance to the hospital emergency ward, I was close to death. I had been unconcious for many hours then the first thing I was aware of was a sense of weightlessness and raising up off the hosp. bed. For the first time in more than a week I saw my own body laying there below me and at the same time I realised I was in a high state of alertness and awareness, I could see and hear everything that was happening within the ward. A few days later I was able to describe everything in detail. Gradually I became aware that I wasn't alone (spiritually speaking), I sensed an unseen presence which enveloped me in the most amazing unearthly love. Then a male voice spoke clearly to me, he called my name twice then said "It's not your time, go back now." The next thing I was aware of was awakening in the I.C.U. ward days later. So I couldn't tell you what he looked like but I know he was very real.
    Mal angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 28115 [/quote

Wow wonderful share here. Sunday in Church I have to speak on Angels and I will be sharing the post I did here. I know they be real in many a form. I dont go to the Biblical version but who is to say I that is not how they be. In me NDE event I knew I was somehow not to go. I fought so hard that Light that was there. I knew I had more to do. Too maybe if I knew the path to recovery would have been a very bumpy road who knows the Light might have looked good. Not sure and who can say.
    I be happy one is still with us. We all have a time to go. Ye were like me given that chance back.

Lynn
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 am

AngelTony wrote:
    Lynn, I keep reading your post on Angels here and its really quite nice, Im going to copy it for myslf to put in my Angel binder Im making. I've got about 100 pictures from the web and I want to document that as well. Guardians must be everwhere on this planet. Seems funny though that God made them once, I would have thought special people or saints become real Angels one day. Guess I want to be one someday. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 348985

-AT

I would be honored that one wants to keep me work. Thank ye. Funny I have done the same from the Web for a slide show to run on Sunday service when I do a shared talk on Angels I am going to read what I put here. I wanted to test run it some. I have many pictures too that I found. Showing all the areas of Angels.

Lynn
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi Lynn, if you have any good website connections just copy them from internet explorer address bar and paste anything in these boxes that Violet gave us. I would love to discover ANYTHING you have found out about Angels. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 21581

They seem so important to me now.

Thank you!

-AT
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Tony I can heartily recommend this book you should be able to order it online, I found it very interesting and angels aren't my 'thing' but it is fascinating reading of all the angels and angels in different cultures;

The Angel Bible

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Oh Thank you Violet, the Angel Bible looks great -- 400 pages wow!!

Here is a discript::

Angel lore, angel stories, angel advice, and angel wisdom: whether you’re seeking guidance, healing, or inspiration from these heavenly messengers, you’ll find it in this splendidly illustrated Angel Bible. It’s filled with enlightening knowledge: you’ll learn about angelic calling cards, messages, and visions, and discover how to sense an angel’s presence, create an angel altar, keep an angel gratitude book, and meditate and dream with the angels. Find out about angels of many lands and their hierarchies, and explore the connections between angels and astrology, colors, crystals, essential oils, kabbalah, and the chakras.
    A quick reference guides you directly to those angels who can offer immediate assistance and teaches you how to call on them for help in any situation.

Graham Christian - Library Journal

The publication of a book like this may signify the triumph of angel spirituality or perhaps the beginning of the end—although some may insist that the end came with Angel Dogs. This book is lavishly illustrated and as methodical in its treatment of angels as the subtitle promises. Angels are brought into relation with colors, visions, healing, essential oils, astrology, and much more. Some readers will find Raven's syncretistic joining of many traditions suspect and her confident assertions about what angels do for us all hard to believe, but many others will find comfort and strength in this little book. Buy where interest in angel spirituality is strong.

(get out the credit card, hehe)
    -AT

Last edited by AngelTony on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:19 pm

I really hope you enjoy it Tony, it will be like a late birthday present to yourself, did you have a nice birthday by the way angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 21581 angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 621623

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh thank you lynn for starting this post. Angels are all around us, I feel so safe now in this world. Better than all the politics and work stuff we always surround ourselves with.

Oh I did have a great birthday Violet, I even wrote a simple little story about it, that I want to publish here, but I dont want to include it here in Lynns post. This is only for Angels. angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 809779

And yes Barnes has a few other Angel books that look really cool as well.
    AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Oh here is a cool variation of your signature Violet.

Just when it became a butterfly, it looked at the other caterpillar to see if it could help!

Kind of a spin on making it look like a little Angel, hehe!!

Last edited by AngelTony on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Oh I did have a great birthday Violet, I even wrote a simple little story about it, that I want to publish here, but I dont want to include it here in Lynns post. This is only for Angels.

Hi Tony good to hear you enjoyed your birthday, simply start another topic if you'd like to share your story.

You can put it in the Angels section or even create your very own section in the 'Your Diary' section ( near the bottom of the forum) for sharing anything you want, the beauty of the 'Your Diary' section is that only members can see it angels - Angels, Demons and Gurdian Angels 821538

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:38 pm