Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
feather
AllanMurray
AngelTony
Carolyn
innerlight
Violet
10 posters

Would you WANT to know

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Would you WANT to know Empty Would you WANT to know

Post  Violet Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:49 am

This is a kind of off shoot topic from the Advance Notice thread, would you want to know if you were going to pass or would you rather not know and go suddenly?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Would you WANT to know Empty Re: Would you WANT to know

Post  innerlight Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

It's an interesting question as some form of advance notice of sorts may help a person from being discombobulated upon passing. However knowing ahead of time may create grief, and sadness within a person if they have a family or leave anything left undone.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 am

I think i'd prefer to know but I wouldn't tell anyone I would quietly get my stuff in order. My feelings might be different as I age though.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 am

I dunno if I would want to know as it is a very heavy thing to know. If your spirit guides came up to you, and said you were leaving earth tomorrow at 6 Pm. First you would say my time or your time.. Would you WANT to know 809779
    Then so much could be going through your head depending on what is happening in your life. If say a child was going through a hard time at the time. You wouldn't want to leave them at such a time. If your significant other just got laid off. You wouldn't want to leave them either. So in some ways it could be one of the hardest things you could know.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 am

If your spirit guides came up to you, and said you were leaving earth tomorrow at 6 Pm. First you would say my time or your time.. Would you WANT to know 809779

I'd have to wait for you or Allen to come online and convert it for me Would you WANT to know 1702

Seriously though if you had things like that to consider you'd be worried about leaving, so I agree with you there, it would be easier to bear if all your family were settled and happy.

innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 am

I don't think there ever is an opportune time to go. I suppose it's a matter of how content you are. I'm sure those that have had painful lives would love to know that it was ending. Some that have lived a full happy life would love to know it as well. More so those that have grieved the loss of someone.
    It's also a matter of what your beliefs are in death, and the after life. Those could also be a huge obstacle to climb if you were gonna die soon.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:50 am

I'm one of those who would appreciate knowing. I always feel less anxiety when I have a set time frame for things, a plan.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:16 pm

I've thought more about this and i'm sure I would too, and I can't see that changing now.

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Post  AngelTony Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:13 am

Violet wrote:This is a kind of off shoot topic from the Advance Notice thread, would you want to know if you were going to pass or would you rather not know and go suddenly?

Want to know??, how quick, like a day, a week, or a month or years?? Would you WANT to know 258595

I have a very good reason to ask... Would you WANT to know 354831

-AT
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:40 am

Hi Tony I meant generally, with no specific timescale, but it would broaden this topic if we were to ask how much notice would you want or need?

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 am

Has there been any common examples of other people giving info about times before hand that some Angels or thier feelings that gave them an idea the time was near?

-AT
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:19 am

Some famous people believed they would die young and some of them did, I don't know where they got their information from though, it happens, some just know from a very early age when they will die, famous or not.

I'm trying to think of a famous example for you Would you WANT to know 588401

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:28 am

Funny when you speak of this now, it brings back a memory of someone we new that had that look on thier face that something was wrong. They said they had a feeling in their bones that something was bothering them. Then a few days later they were gone.

-AT
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:32 am

AngelTony wrote:Funny when you speak of this now, it brings back a memory of someone we new that had that look on thier face that something was wrong. They said they had a feeling in their bones that something was bothering them. Then a few days later they were gone.

-AT

I'm sure it happens a lot more than we realise, i've known of it happening too.

AngelTony
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:36 am

Ohh I bet it happens allot, many do not know what we know.

-AT
    (I feel God in my bones, it feels nice!) Would you WANT to know 449294
    AllanMurray
    AllanMurray

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post  AllanMurray Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:39 pm

i want my passing to be quick and painless but i want to know, that am passing away, i wouldnt like it to be so sudden i didnt know what was happening to me
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:29 am

I think quick and easy for me....I'm pretty sure I would twig that the final countdown had begun. A long drawn out illness is so painful for relatives and friends to sit and watch....
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Post  Beware_of_Italics Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 am

Oh gosh, I don't know. I have thought about this recently, too. (My mother and I were seconds away from being in a car accident last month. A really bad one, too).

I always go back and forth on this question. It's a difficult one for me to answer... at least for now anyway.
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 pm

I read about Gordon Smiths teacher, Mrs. Primrose... She wrapped some gifts for her dears (Christmas?), sat on an armchair - and passed away. She knew it.

A good question. I think it over. First I thought I want to know when I have to die. But only saying goodbye to my tomcats makes it hard...

I really have to think it over.

Karin
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:57 am

I read about Gordon Smiths teacher, Mrs. Primrose... She wrapped some gifts for her dears (Christmas?), sat on an armchair - and passed away. She knew it.

What a lovely and peaceful way to go, she must have understood very well and been totally accepting of it.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm not sure about how I would feel....if I was in dreadful pain,i would just want to 'leave'.     But then again,I would worry about my family....Another reason,to go,is to see what the spirit world was really like.....To be shown and live again in a different world.....To see the truth of what we have believed during our earthly lives....
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm