Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lynn
Violet
6 posters

Platform Work?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Platform Work? Empty Platform Work?

Post  Violet Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:02 am

Have any of you mediums out there done platform work in the churches etc?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Platform Work? Empty Re: Platform Work?

Post  Lynn Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello

I have and I am not a BIG fan of doing so. I am constantly asked in Church to do so and at times I will get up and give them a reading from a Spirit that has come to me during serive. I am not one to blurt out family messages to members I will do that in private after service or via e mail to them. Many a time the message is very personal and that I treat with great respects.

Too its very hard in a room to say to a Medium there please NO MESSAGE or in PRIVATE later as all eyes go to that person. Spirits are not play things and Medium's are not circus preformers. Its a gift given to one and I so feel should be used with a lot more respects than many do.

Lynn
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 pm

no, never. 
    did you violet?
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Platform Work? Empty Platform mediumship

Post  PPrncpl7 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 pm

I agree with you Lynn--BUT!!!
    I am beginning to get bored with platform mediums-(Am not sure why-any ideas?) Trivial messages for the most part--then the message that gives the words--I will not open this up! or They are telling me the whole story but i will not reveal it!
    They too often are playing games!!
    BUT and this is a very big BUT
    I am now a spiritualist--and follow as piritual path because of a message!
    YES I am very confused! Is why I keep going back and listening to the --sorry--boring trivia!
    My journey/path now well defined--but have misgivings about where it all started.
    PPLL n L
    Peter
    L'angel
    L'angel

Female
    Number of posts : 276
    Registration date : 2010-02-06

Post  L'angel Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 am

Lynn,
    I agree!!!!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 pm

shayn wrote:no, never. 
    did you violet?

No i've never done it, a long time ago i was told i would work for spirit but not from the platform.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:10 pm

I am not a medium and hence can not answer the question posed in the title. But it seems that others who aren't mediums either are posting here so I reckon I can have a go!

Platform mediums - just as with other mediums - have much of value for certain people. They can bring great comfort and reassurance that life continues beyond physical death. The messages passed on by a medium may sound trite or trivial to others but hugely evidential, important and uplifting to the one(s) receiving those messages.

Sadly the number of platform mediums working through the Spiritualist church is declining markedly. For some time my view has been that Spiritualism, and all that goes with it, is moribund.

As a staunch Spiritualist I find that depressing but I'm also a realist and accept that it's run its course and something new may emerge as a replacement. I hope that whatever appears is as good - and preferably better - able to answer one of humankind's oldest concerns and fears...
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Mac platform mediums seem to be looked down on a lot, and i've actually heard people say that the quality of the messages are poor because often they are brief, but as you stated here :
    The messages passed on by a medium may sound trite or trivial to others but hugely evidential, important and uplifting to the one(s) receiving those messages.
    That is precisely why it would be a shame if we lost them, many people can't afford to go and have a private sitting and the churches are often their only hope of getting some kind of message from their loved ones.

I heard one message once which had the congregation in stitches, it was about something being dropped in a mop bucket that very day, trivial perhaps but it proved to that person that spirit had been with them at that time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am