Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Turquoise?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Turquoise? Empty Turquoise?

Post  Violet Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

Does anyone know it's properties please?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Turquoise? Empty Re: Turquoise?

Post  Earthealer Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Not sure of its properties but it's good for surrouding self with strength. I was given an exercise a long while ago now, about visualising yourself in a room, and filling it with the turqoise colour. This colour is straight from AA Haniel, if you sit in the colour, and imagine it going through your crown chakra, and think positive affirmations e.g. I AM strong, it will help build your strength.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Septima, good to see you, hope you're well Turquoise? 15910

Thank you for that info i'm going to try that Turquoise? 821538

Earthealer
    Earthealer

Female
    Number of posts : 159
    Job/hobbies : unemployed, music, writing, reading, crystal collection, line dancing, singing
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post  Earthealer Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:14 pm

You're welcome. You can also try and talk to the crystal and ask it to show you what it's here to work with you with. You can do this by introducing yourself to the crystal as you hold it in your hands - assuming that one has already called out to you. And by listening, or feeling, going with the flow - allow the crystal to show you what it can do. Trust your instincts though as and when to put it down, especially if it doesn't sit right. I hope this helps also :astar:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Septima, yes that is helpful too thank you Turquoise? 821538

Katiecat
    Katiecat

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Post  Katiecat Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm going to type this straight from a handy dandy book I have, that I use for easy reference.

"Turquoise has been a holy stone, goodluck, charm, and talisman for thousands of years. It's famous color is the result of two components. blue from copper, and green from iron or chromium. Its color will actually change, sometimes, depending on the body chemistry of the person who wears it or holds it. The ancient Egyptians included turquoise with the bodies of its pharaohs in the tombs, and Persians wore turquoise to ward off the evil eye. The Aztecs in Northern Peru used turqoise to decorate their ceremonial masks, and some Native Americans believed that turquoise was a link between lake and sky." -Crystals for Beginners -A Guide to Collecting & Using Stones & Crystals, by Corrine Kenner.
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sun May 29, 2011 12:51 am

Some people sell Blue Howlite as Turquoise, so make sure you are getting what you are paying for.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 am

Some of these 'new age' shops are getting REALLY cheeky, I was assured i'd been sold white sage in one of them a whiile ago now, I knew as soon as I burnt it it was not white sage, I thought it was cheap when I bought it for true white sage.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:52 pm