Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hypnagogic or something else?

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Hypnagogic or something else? Empty Hypnagogic or something else?

Post  Kaere Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:16 pm

I finally wrote it down - I've been experiencing something so strange when I'm about to go to sleep and I always think I'll remember in the morning but I don't, obviously lol. So this time I stopped the experience and wrote it down. And now I can remember that this happens a lot and for a long time now.

This almost always happens just before I fade off to sleep while trying to meditate (lying on my back). It's so weird - it's like I can see and feel sound.

I will notice a build up of pressure around my ears and temples, then it feels like a sonic boom or a thumping or something as the pressure kind of...whoomps around my face and head. At the same time as the "whoomp" feeling, I hear a "whoomping" sound (like a helicopter in slow motion) and I see a flash of a white circle or group of circles against my eyelids, like a target - sometimes it looks like a gear.

I find this rather fascinating - and the questions it brings to mind are: is this just something the brain does as we fall asleep or is it a pre-ap hynpnagogic group of sensations or is it a type of spirit contact?

Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Hypnagogic or something else? Empty Re: Hypnagogic or something else?

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Kaere wrote:I finally wrote it down - I've been experiencing something so strange when I'm about to go to sleep and I always think I'll remember in the morning but I don't, obviously lol. So this time I stopped the experience and wrote it down. And now I can remember that this happens a lot and for a long time now.

This almost always happens just before I fade off to sleep while trying to meditate (lying on my back). It's so weird - it's like I can see and feel sound.

Here a few things come to mind. The fist being physical. The fluids in the inner ear settling. This happens when one lays on one's back. It can at times bring on a buzzing or even a dizzyness in the ears. Having inner ear damage meself I have at times a rush of pain with dizzyness as the fluids adjust expecially with a head cold.

Trying to meditate on one's back before sleep is to some a body and brain conflict. Meditation often is to find understandings in an issue or around an event. So the brain is going I am tied and I want to sleep and the MIND ( the soul) is going oh good meditation we are going to work on something. Feeling and seeing sound is "Clairvoyance' - added at the bottomm some thoughts on it all.

I will notice a build up of pressure around my ears and temples, then it feels like a sonic boom or a thumping or something as the pressure kind of...whoomps around my face and head. At the same time as the "whoomp" feeling, I hear a "whoomping" sound (like a helicopter in slow motion) and I see a flash of a white circle or group of circles against my eyelids, like a target - sometimes it looks like a gear.

I find this rather fascinating - and the questions it brings to mind are: is this just something the brain does as we fall asleep or is it a pre-ap hynpnagogic group of sensations or is it a type of spirit contact?

It is hard to say what it might well be phyical is very common. What one might well do is try a meditaion without laying down and simply ask for some clarification on this. Ask if it is physical yes or no. Then feel for that reply in the solar plexus. For instance if its yes to physicl then the tummy might well tighten in uneasy response.

If it be spirit contact then ask in that moment who are ye and what do ye want. Though does not have that feel to it. More has the feel to conflicts of body and mind.

Lynn

Clairvoyance

The term Clairvoyance dates to the 17th Century with roots in French language with “clair” meaning “clear” and “voyance” meaning “ vision”. it is the pathway to gain information about a person , place or object without the use of the commonly known Five Senses. A person with the sixth sense ability is called a “Clairvoyant”.

While this can and has been tested and does at times get linked to what we call Paranormal or psychic abilities it might well simply just be a part of the MIND ( being Soul) we come forth with. It is not widely accepted by the science communities but is well studied by them so does leave one to think maybe there is truly something to it al.

We I feel all have in us this ability but does it have a use to us in our lives ? This is not to be confused either with Telepathy as it is a totally separate event. With clairvoyance one is accessing information from a totally outside and un known source. This can take the person receiving the information forwards or backwards in time. To events and information’s one has had no prior knowledge of.

Clairvoyance too is not to be confused with Mediumship or Remote Viewing. Again here both are separate things. Mediumship is the direct contact with Spirit or Ghost in communications or the access of information. Remote Viewing for the most part is the deliberate action of going to view something with or without leaving the consciousness of the body. Clairvoyance is fully “SEEING”.

One can have this ability accessed but nothing more or one can have the full spectrum accessed. We might all be able to think on times where we have tapped into this where we are in a place maybe that feels familiar to us but we don’t know why, or we see an object that draws us to it for no real reason. We have an energy connection to something or someone that we lack explanations for.

Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks for that Lynn :astar:

I do think it's a physical thing but I'm not sure it's anything ear related as it's not really buzzing or ear popping or dizziness. I can feel this "air pressure" kinda hit the outside of my noggin and it's also happening quite a bit of time after I lie down.

The sleep-meditation conflict sounds about right though as I don't normally sleep on my back, it's really unnatural for me to do so and this strange experience seems to happen mostly when I'm very tired. So it makes me wonder if this is just a normal part of a very rested body and very sleepy brain trying to fall asleep.

Neat stuff anyway :giggles:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi Kaere I get that too, not eevery night but sometimes, all but the lights.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Kaere

Female

Post  Kaere Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 am

I've been thinking about this a lot this afternoon and the flash or circle things that I see with my eyes closed during these times - it's like if you tapped your finger against your closed eyelid but much brighter and it looks like perfect little circles. Weird.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :asmile:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 am

I wondered if it might be something to do with starting to AP.

The target thing sounds strange.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one
    that's why I mentioned it :flo: it's reassuring if you know someone else gets it too.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:01 am

Violet wrote:I wondered if it might be something to do with starting to AP.

The target thing sounds strange.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one
    that's why I mentioned it :flo: it's reassuring if you know someone else gets it too.

The amount of AP's i've had in my lifetime i can count on one hand but some of these sensations you describe sound very familiar to what i also experienced at the start of them...especially the 'whoom' sound and the slowing down feeling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:02 pm