Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A Mystery !

norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

A Mystery ! Empty A Mystery !

Post  norseman Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Last evening I took some photos of a double rainbow and posted a couple of them in the Nature thread. Today I was looking thro the batch - deciding what to transfer out of temp. storage and what to dump.
    Anyway, I am putting up three photos up for comment. They were taken in clear air [not thro glass] and taken over 2 minutes with a Hewlett Packard digital camera. It's 1343 that needs a good think. 1342 and 1344 are clear.
    1343 shows circular objects accelerating upwards at a fair lick [ trails behind them]
    I guarantee that nothing has been done to the photos. Comments ? Give them a click to blow-up.

https://2img.net/h/i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/HPIM1342.jpg
    https://2img.net/h/i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/HPIM1343.jpg
    https://2img.net/h/i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/HPIM1344.jpg
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

A Mystery ! Empty Re: A Mystery !

Post  Kaere Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Well, I know that snow and rain (any precipitation) show up on camera looking like that quite often, like little comets with the tails going the wrong way. Since it seems to have been a wet day when you took the picture (rainbow and overcast), I think it was simply the right conditions to capture that weird look.

Just to be clear, I'm not a skeptic when it comes to orbs and other phenomona caught on camera - it's just that I've seen this effect a lot and I'm sure it's from the moisture in the air.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:21 am

Raindrops a possibility although I was shooting from inside the room thro an open window. This year, we have also had a display of the Northern Lights - a rarity this far south.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I didn't mean moisture or raindrops on the lense, but the way they would be captured on their way down through the air. Perhaps it was bird poop  A Mystery ! 809779 or some sort of leprechaun/fairie.

Looove the northern lights - so eeery and beautiful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm