Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Sea Magick

KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Sea Magick Empty Sea Magick

Post  KapitanPrien Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 pm

I will be looking into this more as it would go well with my Finnish Paganism:

http://seamagick.net/seawitch/

The Sea Witch tradition is associated with seafarers and beachcombers. Sea Witches focus on Moon lore, the tides, and practical weather magicks. It is from the sea Witch tradition that evolved tales of women who could raise the winds and brew up storms, charges that even two hundred years ago could result in one being sent to the stake. A good storm (intended or not) will send the average Sea Witch running to charge her tools with the storm’s energies.

Sea Witchery is a ‘darker’ path than the average Pagan cares to deal with. However, bear in mind that when you start working with the weather, you are dealing with chaotic forces of nature.

Unfortunately, most Pagans perceive chaos to be evil, but if it be called evil, it is a necessary evil. Too many Pagans these days deal only with the light; the Sea Witch works with what is termed ‘grey magick’ to maintain a balance of light and dark. It is definitely not a path for everyone. In fact, most Sea Witches are solitary, as few others enjoy the isolation of a sun-bleached cottage on a wind-swept seacoast.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Sea Magick Empty Re: Sea Magick

Post  Violet Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Kapitan thanks for sharing, it sounds interesting, perhaps the word chaos would be better as 'unpredictable' just as the weather is, it may not appear quite so dark then

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 am

Sure thing Sea Magick 28115

I think 'chaos' would definitely be an appropriate term.
    Soaring Bird
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post  Soaring Bird Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi Kapitan,
    I could well believe in Sea Witches using the weather as we are as much connected to Mother Earth as the weather is. Also we still use Full Moon Rituals which we feel the energies run stronger than in between the Full Moon cycles. Again the Full Moon is connected to the seas and weather which connects us back to Mother Earth. Circles within circles.
    Hugs Sea Magick 531481 Soaring Bird
    KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:37 pm

I agree. I'm just not really a 'Moon person' - I'm more of a Sun person since the sun has an affect on the air (hot air - cold air...you get the idea *wink*). My favorite elements are Wind and Water, with the Wind being connected to the Sun. :asmile:

I understand the whole connection with the Moon being associated with the tides - but the Moon has long been associated with the 'Goddess' and feminine things. Being the guy that I am...I like my Sunshine. :grins:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm