Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Carolyn
Violet
6 posters

Child mediums

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Child mediums Empty Child mediums

Post  Violet Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:01 am

Do you think it is a good idea to allow a child to work as a medium?
    If they are getting very strong information is it good to let them go with the flow and deliver what they get or do you think children shouldn't do this and instead be 'taught' if that's the right word, how to control or stifle this until they are older, what are your thoughts, does anyone here have a child who is a working medoum or could be if you allowed it, can it damage childhood to work as a medium early in life?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Child mediums Empty Re: Child mediums

Post  Carolyn Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm

I think it depends on your social world, culture, environment - factors that would depend on whether or not it would be healthy to allow a child with medium abilities to actually work as one when they are a child. I started reading and interpreting dreams for others when I was about 5, by the time I was 9 people were seeking me out for help with areas in their life that they would ask any psychic (Should I marry this person, how old will I be when I have a baby, should I work here, yada yada). I can say that within my own family on moms side, I was ok. Outside of that environment I was chastised and thought of as crazy.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 am

Hello
    IF supported and not pushed and not too out in the LIME LIGHT. I have me eldest Son that works with me at times. I am alwas there and I am aware of what he is doing at all times. He knows its a "Special" ablility and not a toy to be played with.

Lynn
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:33 am

I'm sure that some children will understand enough to feel comfortable as their gift grows but other than in wholly exceptional circumstances there is no valid reason for a child to act as a medium it. Just ask yourself what level of individual in the 'world of spirit' would try to use a child in such a way? So what responsible, caring adult would allow or encourage their child to communicate with any such discarnate individual?

Similarly there is absolutely no justification to encourage or allow a child to give 'counsel' as a psychic. Parents should protect them, not place them - or allow them to be placed by others - in a position where they are consulted in any such way.

Children deserve time to be children and not be pressured to grow up even more quickly than they already do. They have children's needs and it's abusive to treat them as if they were adults.

Gifts of the spirit are not toys for children or adults to play with.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Post  Carolyn Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 am

mac wrote:I'm sure that some children will understand enough to feel comfortable as their gift grows but other than in wholly exceptional circumstances there is no valid reason for a child to act as a medium it. Just ask yourself what level of individual in the 'world of spirit' would try to use a child in such a way? So what responsible, caring adult would allow or encourage their child to communicate with any such discarnate individual?

Similarly there is absolutely no justification to encourage or allow a child to give 'counsel' as a psychic. Parents should protect them, not place them - or allow them to be placed by others - in a position where they are consulted in any such way.

Children deserve time to be children and not be pressured to grow up even more quickly than they already do. They have children's needs and it's abusive to treat them as if they were adults.

Gifts of the spirit are not toys for children or adults to play with.

Thank you, this is exactly how I feel! All four of my children have at some point or another shown signs of also being mediums, and I have taught them ways to strengthen their trust in their intuition, but I would never do what my mom did to me - which was bring attention to my abilities in front of other people. I love my mom, but, damn...... Child mediums 350287 I'm 40 and I still would like to know what she was thinking when I was 9 and she had me tested at Alabama A & M by the paranormal society? What was she expecting to get from that? "You have a very talented daughter there, what a gift she has" and that's about it. Nothing good came from that beyond validating what we already knew. Carolyn can astral project, remote view, tell when some one is lying, interpret dreams, tell when someone or something is pregnant, predict events, oh and her intelligence is advanced for her age - YA THINK???? Child mediums 825910 What a breakthrough. An amazing discovery. I know, I'm being facetious, but it sure feels good to let these hurt feelings out! Child mediums 101500
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Lynn wrote:Hello
    IF supported and not pushed and not too out in the LIME LIGHT. I have me eldest Son that works with me at times. I am alwas there and I am aware of what he is doing at all times. He knows its a "Special" ablility and not a toy to be played with.

Lynn

I don't think being psychic or having mediumistic abilities should be considered 'special', as it's the most natural thing in the world that we all possess, albeit at different levels and needs developing to further enhance the faculty. Putting the label special onto a child can create unnecessary responsibility, similar to those people who believe they are indigo children, or any other kind of children. We are each special in the sense that we are spirit in the here and now, and as adults we are free to choose what to do with our lives.
    When my children were growing up they were naturally aware of their psychic and mediumistic attributes, As parents we encouraged them to enhance their potential when they asked, otherwise they had a normal childhood, whatever normal maybe of course.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

skye wrote:

Lynn

I don't think being psychic or having mediumistic abilities should be considered 'special', as it's the most natural thing in the world that we all possess, albeit at different levels and needs developing to further enhance the faculty. Putting the label special onto a child can create unnecessary responsibility, similar to those people who believe they are indigo children, or any other kind of children. We are each special in the sense that we are spirit in the here and now, and as adults we are free to choose what to do with our lives.
    When my children were growing up they were naturally aware of their psychic and mediumistic attributes, As parents we encouraged them to enhance their potential when they asked, otherwise they had a normal childhood, whatever normal maybe of course.

Hello

When I use "Special Ablilieies" I mean it in a pure way. It is something that is to be used with respcts. YES all have it but not all use it or use it well.
    I feel that kids are all speical they all have something with them that is unique to them. Its a term used in Schools where I live. Specia learning needs, or special abilities ext....

I did not mean it in the EGO way if it came accross that way that was not intent.

Lynn
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Lynn wrote:
    skye wrote:

Lynn

Hello

When I use "Special Ablilieies" I mean it in a pure way. It is something that is to be used with respcts. YES all have it but not all use it or use it well.
    I feel that kids are all speical they all have something with them that is unique to them. Its a term used in Schools where I live. Specia learning needs, or special abilities ext....

I did not mean it in the EGO way if it came accross that way that was not intent.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I must say I never considered 'ego' when I posted. Whether we perform psychically or mediumistically, it is of no less a responsibility for a child as it is an adult, that's where my concern is. A child has very little earthly experience in communicating with adults and I hazard a guess that not every person would want to say 'no' to a child, for fear of upsetting them. Why a parent would want to inflict undue pressure on their child in this manner is beyond me. I am aware some parents are 'pushy' in their child's education, or any area of their child's life, maybe their intention is to live their life via their children, I wouldn't know. I'm not saying this refers to you Lynn i'm speaking in general.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Great discuission in here,
    a child to give 'counsel' as a psychic
    I think this is why perhaps it's not always a good idea.
    Children deserve time to be children
    I heartily agree with this too.
    I don't think it would be good for very young children but what about later 14, 15, 16 ish?

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Violet wrote:Great discuission in here,
    a child to give 'counsel' as a psychic
    I think this is why perhaps it's not always a good idea.
    Children deserve time to be children
    I heartily agree with this too.
    I don't think it would be good for very young children but what about later 14, 15, 16 ish?

As they reach their mid teens some are reaching the point when they can better judge what's right for themselves.

With suitable help they can explore their attributes and also consider where treading the path of mediumship - or indeed psychism - might lead them. Even then, however, they have much to continue to learn about life but provided that they are not pressured into making a choice, then I'd say that mid to late teens is a fair place to begin the journey - but not to lead or guide others.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 am

mid to late teens is a fair place to begin the journey - but not to lead or guide others.
    I found around this age that I was desperate to learn more, unfortunately there wasn't much around at the time, and that was back when if you believed such things you tended to keep quiet about it.

miniboobum
    miniboobum

Female
    Number of posts : 91
    Job/hobbies : mum

Post  miniboobum Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:53 pm

my eldes daughter has always been close to spirit and when she was only around 2 when she first started telling me about katie the little girl who lived in her room and played with her. katie was around for a long time and always gravitated to my child rather than me, my daughter was also the point of contact when katies dad showed up in my house she was scared silly of him and he pushed me a lot when i tried to get rid of him. i dont think kids should be used as mediums because you dont know who is going to come at them, i am sorry to say that not all the spirits out there are nice however they should also know that if they see or hear from a spirit then they can tell you about it no matter how weird it may seem to them. to this day i have child spirits who seem to pop in and talk to her she tells me if she needs help to deal with it or if they need help from us.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 am

Hello

Yes not all are good and that is why to be more careful with a child. I have me Son work with me times but too he is good with his protections and in communictions with me on what is up. Trust with one's child is key. Too there might well be a time as he ages that he will go against what I want or might well like. Too we all have or paths.

Lynn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 pm