Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Euthanasia

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Euthanasia Empty Euthanasia

Post  Violet Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 am

Do you agree or disagree with euthanasia for people and what about euthanasia for animals? Are your replies the same or different? If different then why is that?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Euthanasia Empty Re: Euthanasia

Post  1antique Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:39 pm

I am a very firm believer in the fact that all creatures have a right to die with dignity. No creature should be forced to stay on this earthly plane in pain and misery. Animals do not have the ability to take themselves home and end up living a miserable life at the end in many cases.

Do what is needed....help them over in whatever way is necessary.

And yes, I feel the same about humans. Too many lie in misery waiting for their final breathe...crying and wishing for that last breathe to come. Let them go. Help them if they ask.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:46 pm

:hugz: I'm agreeing with you again

gwenddydd
    gwenddydd

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : Sailing, runes, reading, writing, jui-jitsu, herbs , horsebackriding, dancing.
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

Post  gwenddydd Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 pm

I have to agree with Allen on the fact that all creatures have a right to die with dignity. Fortunatly in this country euthanasia has been legalized.

There are a lot of rules attached to it. The person asking for euthanasia has to have all their faculties, the request needs to be witnessed. The person requesting it has to be terminally ill with no hope of getting better. The physician has to consult atleast one other physician and that second physician has to supervise that the letter of the law has been followed, and so on. I think that all the rigmarole is a good thing in this case.

It being legalized and bound by rules doesn't leave much room to manouver for what one might call an "angel of mercy", like the ones you get in the US a lot.

After you get through all the rules though the procces it self can be as personal as one wishes to make it. In many cases the person that requested the Euthanasia picks a date, say his or her goodbye's to their family and then go to sleep...and never wake.(in this live).

I do believe for both people and animals that there should be a choice if living with the pain and the hopelesness becomes to much... Why needlesly enlongate suffering... Humans can conciously choose. some animals do to. They just stop eating and drinking. Not accepting nourishmemt is a bad sign with any pet ... and any person btw...

Just my two cents.

:hugz:

Gwen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:01 am

I wish they would legalise it here but they are so afraid it will be abused, but if they make the laws watertight it shouldn't happen :hugz:

astralphoenix
    astralphoenix

Female
    Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Post  astralphoenix Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

I am all for Euthnasia, we put animals down without a second thought, which in some cases they could have saved the animal. Isn't it about quality and not quantity?
    I would hate my husband to go through pain needlessly and vice versa, but unfortunately there is only one state in Australia where it is legal.
    I can understand the againsts on this subject as certain unscrupulous people including medical practioners would abuse it to murder. But if it is properly supervised there should not be a problem.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Everything in life is open to abuse, you put something into place and someone will find a way to abuse it, unfortunate but true.
    But isn't forcing someone to stay alive an abuse in itself, I really feel they should weigh this up properly.

1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Tue May 26, 2009 5:12 am

I found this today, and thought I would post it. What would of happened if this man HAD decided to euthanize his pet dog??

Dying bulldog saves owner from fire

Fire comes two weeks after vet discovers dog’s cancerous tumors

GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A man's decision not to end his terminally ill bulldog's life ended up saving his own.

Scott Seymour said his dog, Brittney, awakened him with her barking early Saturday in time for both of them to escape from his burning house in Grand Rapids.

The fire came two weeks after a veterinarian discovered the 9-year-old American bulldog had several cancerous tumors.

The vet said the dog might not survive surgery, and Seymour ruled out chemotherapy, believing it would be too hard on Brittney.

Seymour said he could have had Brittney put down, but instead decided to give her medication to blunt her pain until death comes naturally, probably within a few weeks.

Firefighters told The Grand Rapids Press the house may be a total loss.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30932000
    Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Post  Raven Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 am

I'm pro euthanasia for both humans and animals. Everyone should have that right if they are dying and I don't see how anyone has a right or should think they are better then another to decide that they shouldn't have their wishes met.

As for that owner and his dog that's wonderful that that happened but with things like that, I don't think you can question what would have happened if he had of euthanised his dog because who knows really? I mean any little thing done differently could have had such a chain reaction to change things drastically. You could think about that forever and waste your energy.

That's just how I see it. I'm big on energy conservation and accepting what has passed.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am

1antique wrote:I found this today, and thought I would post it. What would of happened if this man HAD decided to euthanize his pet dog??

Dying bulldog saves owner from fire

Fire comes two weeks after vet discovers dog’s cancerous tumors

GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A man's decision not to end his terminally ill bulldog's life ended up saving his own.

Scott Seymour said his dog, Brittney, awakened him with her barking early Saturday in time for both of them to escape from his burning house in Grand Rapids.

The fire came two weeks after a veterinarian discovered the 9-year-old American bulldog had several cancerous tumors.

The vet said the dog might not survive surgery, and Seymour ruled out chemotherapy, believing it would be too hard on Brittney.

Seymour said he could have had Brittney put down, but instead decided to give her medication to blunt her pain until death comes naturally, probably within a few weeks.

Firefighters told The Grand Rapids Press the house may be a total loss.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30932000

That's an amazing story Allen thanks for sharing, if you can keep an animal comfortable, pain free and let it pass naturally in it's own home, it's got to be the better option, but often that isn't an option sadly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content