Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Psychic News Latest

zerdini

Male
    Number of posts : 611
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2011-01-28

Psychic News Latest Empty Psychic News Latest

Post  zerdini Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Roy Stemman writes:

Seven months after I revealed that the Spiritualists' National Union (SNU) was claiming to own the assets of Psychic News – the weekly Spiritualist newspaper it closed in July last year – I can now disclose that the Union has had to concede that the newspaper's title, archives and other assets are not its possessions.

This revelation is contained in a statement that has just been posted on the News pages of the Spiritual Truth Foundation (STF), of which I am a trustee. The STF, as the previous owner of Psychic News, disputed the SNU's claim and took legal advice which it presented to SNU representatives and the Joint Liquidators in January.

The Joint Liquidators have now approved this brief statement:

As a result of discussions between the parties involved and following legal advice, it has been determined that the disputed assets referred to in the November 17, 2010, joint statement belong to Psychic Press (1995) Ltd, now in liquidation.

www.paranormalreview.com
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Psychic News Latest Empty Re: Psychic News Latest

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:20 am

I'm curious about how many know what Psychic News is/was?

I'd wager not many of our members....
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:47 am

mac wrote:I'm curious about how many know what Psychic News is/was?

I'd wager not many of our members....

For those who don't you can now read the online version here:

http://spiritofpn.wordpress.com/category/issue1/
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

I used to like the Pyschic News.
    Mind Z,not surprised it went broke.
    I can remember attending the local spiritualist church where I lived.
    There was never a price tag put on it,members were invited to give donations and very few did.
    Psychic News Latest 314713
    zerdini

Male

Post  zerdini Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Joanie wrote:I used to like the Pyschic News.
    There was never a price tag put on it,members were invited to give donations and very few did.

The church would have had to buy the PN in the first place. If they chose to give it away for a donation then that was the church's loss. The price of the PN was prominently displayed on the front page.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:10 pm

The Psychic News was never 'out there' I had to order it in to my newsagents (and they'd never heard of it) as none in my area stocked it, nor did I ever see it in Spiritualist churches and i've visited a fair few over the years, i'm sure more would have bought it had they known of it's existance.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Violet wrote:The Psychic News was never 'out there' I had to order it in to my newsagents (and they'd never heard of it) as none in my area stocked it, nor did I ever see it in Spiritualist churches and i've visited a fair few over the years, i'm sure more would have bought it had they known of it's existance.

How disappointing to learn that PN wasn't to be seen in Spiritualist churches. Two Worlds also deserved to be carried by them. Both ought (in my view) to be routinely available and reading them encouraged for all.

But maybe that's the stumbling block? Folks going just for messages with no desire to learn anything?

I wonder.....

Last edited by mac on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:19 pm

zerdini wrote:
    Joanie wrote:I used to like the Pyschic News.

The church would have had to buy the PN in the first place. If they chose to give it away for a donation then that was the church's loss. The price of the PN was prominently displayed on the front page.
    There was times I used to gave more than the price on the paper. It was always a good read.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:21 pm

mac wrote:
    Violet wrote:The Psychic News was never 'out there' I had to order it in to my newsagents (and they'd never heard of it) as none in my area stocked it, nor did I ever see it in Spiritualist churches and i've visited a fair few over the years, i'm sure more would have bought it had they known of it's existance.

How disappointing to learn that PN wasn't to be seen in Spiritualist churches. Two Worlds also deserved to be carried by them. Both ought (in my view) to be routinely available and reading them encouraged for all.

But maybe that's the stumbling block? Folks going just for messages with no desire to learn anything?

I wonder.....
    I have Two Worlds ordered now,well worth the read and I do like Tony Orzten.
    He is very thorough in his articles and work.
    mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:

I wonder.....

Speaking of Tony Ortzen, he joined SCR last summer but we never heard a single thing from him.....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Folks going just for messages with no desire to learn anything?

Maybe such publications would generate a desire to learn more (not squabbling with you mind{cos i'd win Psychic News Latest 349308 } (kidding Psychic News Latest 809779) just making a point, ) but it makes you wonder as it wasn't even expensive.

But all that said I do think you're right Mac and once people have their 'message' few goo back or others get hooked on the messages and return again and again soley for those.

mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Violet wrote:
    Folks going just for messages with no desire to learn anything?

Maybe such publications would generate a desire to learn more (not squabbling with you mind{cos i'd win Psychic News Latest 349308 } (kidding Psychic News Latest 809779) just making a point, ) but it makes you wonder as it wasn't even expensive.

But all that said I do think you're right Mac and once people have their 'message' few goo back or others get hooked on the messages and return again and again soley for those.

".....and once people have their 'message' few go back or others get hooked
    on the messages and return again and again solely for those."
    Yes it's the impression I gained. I guess each goes for their own ends....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Sad but true..

mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Violet wrote:Sad but true..

Silver Birch said something to the effect that we will benefit from experience of the spirit only when the time is right for us individually. If it ain't the right time for someone to learn and progress from their experience of 'the spooks' then they aren't gonna go anywhere with it. If the time is right then they may.

We just have to leave them to their own devices if our help or involvement, be it church or personal support, does not appeal to them.

Something that took me a long time to accept....
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh I agree with that Mac, apart from that Spiritualism is the only 'religion' I know which is not pushy, and does not expect people to convert when crossing the church threshold, I wonder how many other churches would welcome Spiritualists with open arms??

mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Violet wrote:Oh I agree with that Mac, apart from that Spiritualism is the only 'religion' I know which is not pushy, and does not expect people to convert when crossing the church threshold, I wonder how many other churches would welcome Spiritualists with open arms??

I fancy not many but, then, why would a Spiritualist even consider going? For the beliefs which are almost mandatory? For the nonsensical teachings based on the Bible?

Having said that I never forget my astonishment when learning that our circle leader, a self-proclaimed medium intent on teaching us (I were a young un then!) all we needed to know about mediumship et al, happily told me she went to the local mainstream church 'cos she liked the atmosphere and the singing of a Sunday night! She also was afraid of the dark - wot, a medium afraid of spooks?

As I said I was young(er) and larnin' but I quickly found she had nothing to teach and we went our separate ways. Later the penny dropped that she was primarily a psychic but thought she was a medium.

Wonder how many times that experience helped me to try to help others? Weird how stuff happens, eh? At the time I was angry and distraught that I felt I'd been misled but what I learned has been invaluable over and over.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 pm

She also was afraid of the dark
    Psychic News Latest 160943 hmmm so was I, for most of my life, once I realised what was going on it decreased and finally left me altogether Psychic News Latest 809779

but I quickly found she had nothing to teach and we went our separate ways

This is interesting because I found with the correct guidance (for me) I developed much better and at amazing speed, (the most incredible part of my life to date, i'll tell you all some point in the future,) than I had with 'other' guidance, it's not always about the student but the teacher, and often you find you just have to cut your losses and move on.

mac

Male

Post  mac Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Violet wrote:
    She also was afraid of the dark
    Psychic News Latest 160943 hmmm so was I, for most of my life, once I realised what was going on it decreased and finally left me altogether Psychic News Latest 809779

but I quickly found she had nothing to teach and we went our separate ways

This is interesting because I found with the correct guidance (for me) I developed much better and at amazing speed, (the most incredible part of my life to date, i'll tell you all some point in the future,) than I had with 'other' guidance, it's not always about the student but the teacher, and often you find you just have to cut your losses and move on.

She had little to teach anyone but it took me a time to realise, as it did my friends. I should have also said - in connection with the title of this thread - that although she claimed to be a medium I don't recall her ever saying anything about Spiritualism.... Can you spot in this any link to what I'm often banging on about? Psychic News Latest 451437

Who knows what would have happened had there been sound guidance?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am

that although she claimed to be a medium I don't recall her ever saying anything about Spiritualism....
    Hi Mac, not all mediums are Spiritualists, if they are developing outside of and seperate from the church as I was they may never know about Spiritualism or the church.

In my case I found the church before I began developing.

mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 am

Violet wrote:
    that although she claimed to be a medium I don't recall her ever saying anything about Spiritualism....
    Hi Mac, not all mediums are Spiritualists, if they are developing outside of and seperate from the church as I was they may never know about Spiritualism or the church.

In my case I found the church before I began developing.

Yes that's why I made the point. That probably isn't uncommon I agree. I mentioned it only because we'd been discussing Spiritualism and the associated Psychic News which often featured aspects of that religion and philosophy.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:43 am

Ah sorry Mac, I missed this bit
    in connection with the title of this thread -
    Psychic News Latest 821538

It's never too late.

mac

Male

Post  mac Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:51 am

Violet wrote:Ah sorry Mac, I missed this bit
    in connection with the title of this thread -
    Psychic News Latest 821538

It's never too late.

That's true but my friends didn't progress and left behind the world of the spirit. Perhaps not forever but other priorities became the way of their lives and going back to who they once were may no longer appeal.

Still interested but not sufficiently when I spoke to them last.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:22 am

mac wrote:
    Joanie wrote:
    mac wrote:

I wonder.....

Speaking of Tony Ortzen, he joined SCR last summer but we never heard a single thing from him.....
    I am so surprised at that,Mac. Would have thought he would have supported a site which was very supportive of
    Spirituialism.
    Um!
    Psychic News Latest 834839

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 am