Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Two Power Animals

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Two Power Animals Empty Two Power Animals

Post  Violet Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 pm

I believe a second one has been brought in for me for some reason, watch this space...

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    paula

Female
    Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Two Power Animals Empty Re: Two Power Animals

Post  paula Thu May 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Violet wrote:I believe a second one has been brought in for me for some reason, watch this space...

sorry, not to seem stupid but what exactly does that mean?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Thu May 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Paula,
    No question is ever stupid and i'm glad you asked, I didn't think when I wrote that :hugz:
    It's commonly believed that everyone of us has a 'spirit guide' this is the spirit of a 'dead person' who chooses to assist people who are still living, and guide them through life (whether the people are aware of them or not doesn't matter, most mediums and spiritually aware people will have some knowledge of their guide but not all.) They watch over us too, and it's also widely believed that your spirit guide will be amongst the first spirits you meet when you finally pass to spirit yourself.
    A power animal (or totem animal) is the animal equivalent of a spirit guide, many believe that certain power animals come into your life at certain points to 'teach you' something, or give you something for example lions are believed to bring you strength, and may 'appear' when you are going through a very difficult time, obviously the chances are you won't see an actual real life lion, but you may see them on pictures, or on the tv but it's generally seen as a sign when you are seeing them very regularly and very frequently quite literally 'coming out of the woodwork' over a short space of time, you may also dream about them or see them in meditation. (There are meditations which can help you find your power animal. )
    Each animal brings a message of some kind, these can be looked up online, or in certain decks of oracle cards, the meanings may differ slightly but overall and especially with the more common animals the meanings are basically universal, you can even decide for yourself what each animal means to you personally if you feel more comfortable doing it that way, you may think of a dog as a protector for example, as they are in real life, what matters though is what makes sense to you personally.
    You may only ever be aware of one power animal in a lifetime, you may have one for many years and suddenly a new one will come in seemingly out of the blue, some have more than one and some have different animals popping in and out all the time.
    I hope this has been helpful and that is my understanding of it

My quote above meant that I was already aware of a power animal but my guide recently brought forward a new one, (he appeared to me in meditation with both animals.) I got a bit excited because it's the first time i've had two at once :asmile:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:38 pm