Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ManshokL
psychoslice
gigpdo
Domintheos
Frederick33
Blueanchor
Andromeda92
reikistar
ministrywr
jcam@sii
Native spirit
partofme
somnium
CW
SpiritVoices
grangram
cleisis
angelman
Arbel
norseman
innerlight
Chrysalis
Detlef
feather
Sapienza
peaceandkarma
PPrncpl7
Beware_of_Italics
Topaz
1antique
Violet
35 posters

Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Who or what is god, in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  Violet Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Who or what is god, in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  CW Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for the link norseman.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Who or what is god, in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who or what is god, in your opinion?

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I read that,and can see your point,Norseman.

Are you saying Gaia is another form of God?

Or the planet earth was made specially for humans like us?
    Everything we need is there for us.    Do you think in time that the earth will ever cease to exist and another planet take it's place?

So many questions.....

Joan
    somnium
    somnium

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2013-04-05

Post  somnium Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Every time I changed my opinion on what is God my perception would change to match. It gives rise to the meaning behind the words reap and you will sow. Give and you will receive, and give Glory to God. God can be anything. The purest most angelic qualities of beauty and love or the worst reaches of torment and hell. Judge not. When in our purest form life is potential to become anything. Creation creates. What is Infinity you ask? For God said that all mysteries will be revealed.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 am

SpiritVoices wrote:I read that,and can see your point,Norseman.

Are you saying Gaia is another form of God?

Or the planet earth was made specially for humans like us?
    Everything we need is there for us.    Do you think in time that the earth will ever cease to exist and another planet take it's place?

So many questions.....

Joan
    To me, Joan, the concept of God as an all-powerful entity is too big an idea to get my head around. Whereas Gaia or Mother Earth is much more homely idea, one which my intellect can encompass. She is part of me and I am part of Her. She is the mother of all life on this planet. I choose to see Her as a deity, a personification if you like. Lovelock's Hypothesis, now upgraded to Theory/Principles as more pennies drop into place, struck an immediate chord with me the first time I read about them. Something spoke to me all those years ago, setting my life's path and duties, and I chose to see this voice as Her voice. Everything that has happened since then could be seen as either from within me or originating from Her and I made a positive choice on that since both options are the same.

She is not purely a human deity but a deity for all life, the entire biomass of the planet - even the seas, the atmosphere, and the rocks have a form of life force - this is crucial to Lovelock's work. The principle that the Earth is a self-regulating organism which maximises and sustains conditions beneficial to Life - ALL life.
    I have mused on whether other planets have their own deities - Gaia's sisters so to speak but that is too big a concept for me to consider. So, I remain Earth-bound and content with that.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:48 am

So Gaia is another word for Mother Earth?   I didn't know that.
    Knew the word from somewhere.    So she is the life of the earth?

That's an interesting concept.    As you mentioned once before,the earth has it's own spirits.  Earth spirits I think you called them.
    That fascinated me.  Never ever knew there were earth spirits.

Have you ever seen one,Norseman?

Joan
    partofme
    partofme

Female
    Number of posts : 820
    Job/hobbies : spiritual growth, repurposer, gardening...anything creative.
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post  partofme Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Only until recently have I gathered enough information that opened up my eyes to the possibilities that "god" does in fact exist.  Ones perception determines the shell in which we give that title to.  How we perceive God has defined the various religions. I could never grasp that concept.  If there was "A" God, then why so many different belief systems.
    I now feel like there is something, whether it be an essence, an energy, a higher source, ect. out there that enables our everyday lives to be filled with the tools of awareness, intuition, and development of our own higher self...if we choose to embrace it. 

The only thing I struggle with is who created "God"?  Was God ever anything more than an apparition? The possibility of other life forms creating this essence doesnt seem too far fetched for me.  Like a hologram, of sorts.  The purpose behind that idea, dont ask.  :blush: I havent gotten that far yet...lol.
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:08 pm

:scratch: God is a name from the bible i dont read the bible or believe it,there is no one to prove that anything written in there is fact. god is just something that ppl speak about, look at the bible and the new testements none of them say the same so i believe in what i believe,each to their own i say.Gaia is another name for Mother earth.and every living thing has a spirit hence earth spirits,

Namaste
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:That fascinated me.  Never ever knew there were earth spirits.

Joan
    "See" is open to interpretation, Joan. I meet them every time I cross the Hedge but I do not cross the Hedge physically but as a spirit myself. I "meet" Nature Spirits and Ancestral Spirits. Nature Spirits are very old spirits who were called Green Spirits when mankind first came across them in the primeval forests. They became detached from us when we started to destroy the forest for agriculture and animal husbandry. This accelerated in the Iron Age - iron tools and axes, etc. This is the origin of the mythology of Iron being lethal to the Faefolk. Nature Spirits do not reincarnate unlike Ancestral Spirits who have a choice to either reincarnate or join the spiritual essence of Mother Earth as Nature Spirits.

However, if you examine photographs closely, you may see Nature Spirits if your mind is open.
    Example :
    Who or what is god, in your opinion? - Page 2 E9dc8060-1

This is undoubtedly my best photo of a Nature Spirit. :congrats:
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:06 pm

norseman wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:That fascinated me.  Never ever knew there were earth spirits.

Joan
    "See" is open to interpretation, Joan. I meet them every time I cross the Hedge but I do not cross the Hedge physically but as a spirit myself. I "meet" Nature Spirits and Ancestral Spirits. Nature Spirits are very old spirits who were called Green Spirits when mankind first came across them in the primeval forests. They became detached from us when we started to destroy the forest for agriculture and animal husbandry. This accelerated in the Iron Age - iron tools and axes, etc. This is the origin of the mythology of Iron being lethal to the Faefolk. Nature Spirits do not reincarnate unlike Ancestral Spirits who have a choice to either reincarnate or join the spiritual essence of Mother Earth as Nature Spirits.

However, if you examine photographs closely, you may see Nature Spirits if your mind is open.
    Example :
    Who or what is god, in your opinion? - Page 2 E9dc8060-1

This is undoubtedly my best photo of a Nature Spirit. :congrats:
    How did you capture that one,Norseman?    Was it the light shining through to cause the figure to appear or was it the mist shrouding the light but whatever,it is fantastic to see.....I love it.....
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Nature Spirits do not reincarnate unlike Ancestral Spirits who have a choice to either reincarnate or join the spiritual essence of Mother Earth as Nature Spirits.

Im interested to know more about these.  How can I determine whether or not these are what inhabit our property?
    CW
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 734
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Post  CW Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 pm

I love the photography Norseman, thank you very much for sharing it with us! :hugz: 

I'd love to learn more about nature spirits and ancestral spirits, would be nice to know the difference between spirits.

Much appreciation,
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 pm

partofme wrote:
    Nature Spirits do not reincarnate unlike Ancestral Spirits who have a choice to either reincarnate or join the spiritual essence of Mother Earth as Nature Spirits.

Im interested to know more about these.  How can I determine whether or not these are what inhabit our property?
    I have been tracking back looking for "inhabit our property" to get the context right for your question.

But meanwhile, in general I can say that everyone's experience is different. My experience concerns Ancestral Spirits but of a specific type. I have memories of five previous lives - mostly Bronze and Iron Age periods - the strongest being as a Celtic auxilliary in the XXth legion serving in my own tribal lands. I have to explain some Celtic festival i.e. Samhain Oct 31st, the Celtic New Year's Eve and the Day of the Dead when the veil is thinnest. I have been conducting rituals on that day for some years. From the first, I experienced spirit contact but rather than anonymous contact, they were old comrades from about 18 centuries ago.
    In my opinion, contact is normally with generic ancestral spirits. Nature Spirits are more elusive. For example, my photo above. I did not see or know that anything was there but I sensed that something was, and there it was ! None of my photos of spirits were there in the flesh so to speak. There is something about digital cameras which "see" outside of visible spectrum of light. I have thought of borrowing a film camera as a trial but no luck so far.
    norseman
    norseman

Male

Post  norseman Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:28 pm

"How did you capture that one,Norseman?    Was it the light shining through to cause the figure to appear or was it the mist shrouding the light but whatever,it is fantastic to see.....I love it....."

Look inside the mist, Joan. I see a tall caped figure. Must stress that I did not see anything but I sensed something, so I took the photograph. Same with all my spirit photos.

This one, I sensed something was there and called to it.
    https://2img.net/h/i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/UpHellyAa/DSCF0164_zpse87bfa7f.jpg

Can you see the "Rock" spirit emerging ?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Great photo Norseman
    partofme
    partofme

Female

Post  partofme Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 am

norseman wrote:
    partofme wrote:

I have been tracking back looking for "inhabit our property" to get the context right for your question.

But meanwhile, in general I can say that everyone's experience is different. My experience concerns Ancestral Spirits but of a specific type. I have memories of five previous lives - mostly Bronze and Iron Age periods - the strongest being as a Celtic auxilliary in the XXth legion serving in my own tribal lands. I have to explain some Celtic festival i.e. Samhain Oct 31st, the Celtic New Year's Eve and the Day of the Dead when the veil is thinnest. I have been conducting rituals on that day for some years. From the first, I experienced spirit contact but rather than anonymous contact, they were old comrades from about 18 centuries ago.
    In my opinion, contact is normally with generic ancestral spirits. Nature Spirits are more elusive. For example, my photo above. I did not see or know that anything was there but I sensed that something was, and there it was ! None of my photos of spirits were there in the flesh so to speak. There is something about digital cameras which "see" outside of visible spectrum of light. I have thought of borrowing a film camera as a trial but no luck so far.
    LOL...Im sorry about my speaking, things at times just dont come out right.  :blush: 

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, the chances of it being ancestral spirits are pretty likely.  Ive had a picture of an Indian camp play out in my head but not sure if its imagination.  Ive been told this ground is sacred but I have little factual info to validate.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ministrywr

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2015-04-15

Post  ministrywr Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 am

The creator one..

However there are plenty of fakes everywhere in the spiritual realm who claim to be gods....  They are spiritual attachments everywhere that make noises and voices in your minds and bodies...  The very same ones that designed all those religious or spirituality stuuf
    ministrywr

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2015-04-15

Post  ministrywr Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 am

the creator of anything and everything.    the one that destroys evil.
    reikistar
    reikistar

Number of posts : 70
    Job/hobbies : Reading (fiction and non fiction), blogging, nature watching, dogs, meditation, dreams, reiki and self development.
    Registration date : 2015-05-10

Post  reikistar Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

God is 'The Force' or so I see it.

I've tried to reconcile with the God in the Bible, but I just can't. I was raised Christian and the idea of a personal God was a comfort for years, but I just can't get along with it now.

Now I feel more comfortable with God as the force/energy in absolutely everything. I've experienced a little of this during Reiki practice.

That said, I do still pray at times even though I don't always have faith it actually does much.
    Andromeda92
    Andromeda92
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 6
    Job/hobbies : TEFL teacher, angel oracle card reader, writer
    Registration date : 2015-05-12

Post  Andromeda92 Thu May 14, 2015 2:41 pm

God is a tricky concept for me. Growing up, 'God' was a being that I feared due to the influence of my primary school. They taught us that children who weren't christened/baptised went to 'Hell'...not having been christened myself, I was terrified and it was a fear that lay within me for many years. I was also told that "God loves all his children." and because my life hasn't been easy at times, I felt that perhaps God hated me and was punishing me for being here.

A few years ago, though, I discovered the wonder of the angels and have come to believe that 'God' isn't one set entity or being. I'm a polytheist so I believe in many different deities, all of whom help me in various different ways.

But 'God' is different for and each and every person. The most important thing is that it's an idea that makes them feel happy and safe.
    Blueanchor
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 am

I've just read through this thread and it really is very interesting. I feel a closeness with nature spirit and the spirit of the dream world, but wouldn't call them god.

I connect with the bible too, as stories that tell of humankind discovering God for themselves - just like everybody here has discovered God in a different way. None of us know the whole, but when we collect the differing ideas or beliefs together, it is a little like putting pieces of an eternal jigsaw together.

I would say that God is not one thing or an independent force, but is the connection or essence of life that runs through everything - that which is created by living or lives as life itself. The question to that would be, but what is life? That one deserves some more contemplation - maybe one to answer at the moment of death... or just after :asmile:
    Domintheos
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-04-11

Post  Domintheos Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Violet wrote:Who or what is god, in your opinion?
    A being of superior energy-frequency, or a thought-form created by the mental-force of it's worshipers.  Either or.
    psychoslice
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1117
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:21 am

I see the concept of god as not being a person or thing, God for me is Existence, the pure Source, or Consciousness, and even these words or labels are not God. Sadly we have reduced God to a mere concept, we have made God into a thing, we reduced God to a person. We can never know what is God through the mind, we can experience beyond the mind that which is the Source but that experience is secondary to that which is beyond the mind, God or the Source is all there is, there is nothing more, therefore we and everything else is One in God.

We have through most religions reduced God to a mere concept and we have shoved this concept high on a pedestal, so high we can never reach, when all along we are that which is. So many belief system have taken us away from the very thing we are chasing, we are like a dog trying to catch its tail, or a wave on the ocean believing its separate from the ocean. So the more we believe we know about god the less we know, its no knowing its experiencing, just simply Being.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:04 pm