Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Violet
peaceandkarma
PPrncpl7
Lynn
SpiritVoices
9 posters

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world?

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Empty How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world?

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 pm

I know a medium hears,senses or is aware of spirit around them in other ways.
    But does that message come through the brain or some other part of us that can link to spirit?
    How exactly do spirit link to the medium?
    I am looking a little deeper here than hearing,sensing or seeing?
    Joanie
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Empty Re: How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world?

Post  Lynn Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:22 pm

Joanie wrote:I know a medium hears,senses or is aware of spirit around them in other ways.
    But does that message come through the brain or some other part of us that can link to spirit?
    Joanie

NOTE: The way I personally have come to find it works NOT saying its carved in stone.

Modern Mediumship

Physical Mediumship :
    is the act of picking up energies from the other side. This can be done by voice communications where one talks directly to the Spirit. Or visually were one can see the Spirit and describe who is being seen.

Mental Mediumship:
    This is via thought or telepathy via the Medium. Nothing is seen or heard in the physical but in the brain only of the Medium. This is also know as trance Mediumship where the Medium can be either fully aware of the process or in full trance.

Physical Mediumship Tool:

This encompasses levitation, Automatic Writing, and visual sight of Spirit energy. Letting a Spirit for a time enter your body to speak.

How we make or know of contact.

First off working well protected and grounded.

Burning of candles gives a Spirit that Light connection.

Spirits often move things, can be something simple like a picture being off center on a wall or turned face down.

Make sounds such as footsteps, or bang something.

Odors that go to the person passed. IE Smoke, perfume, cologne.
    Even medicines or home surroundings odors. Cooking smells from special event days.

At times emotion in you come into play. You feel something come over you. Something that brings in a memory of one passed. You smile for no real reason and feel a sense of peace.

Music that you hear that takes you to the memory of someone passed. Some phase that is seen on a billboard sign that takes you to someone.

Pictures where the is a ORB or other strange image in it. Many images will when enlarged have a face in them.

Spirit contact to you. That cold shiver you get. Watch for Goosebumps that are only on one side of the body.

Feathers that come from no where. Some refer to them as Angle Wings.

Pennies found in odd places note the date.

Books left open to a page or when toppled from a table they are on take note of what is on the page.

Lights going on and off, TV volume changing, doors or windows rattling with no wind. Indoor wind chimes moving. Whisper sounds. Seeing things in the corner of your eye. Phone rings and no one is there. Note the number might not exist. Messages left on a machine that the number does not exist or was the number for someone passed.

Dream contacts where a message is left.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Empty Re: How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world?

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Lynn,that is absolutely fantastic.
    Many answers there,some I know about having encountered them before but others I will watch out for.
    How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 182340
    Joanie
    PPrncpl7

Male
    Number of posts : 418
    Job/hobbies : Retired teacher of Mathematics
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  PPrncpl7 Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Joanie wrote:I know a medium hears,senses or is aware of spirit around them in other ways.
    Joanie
    Hello Joannie
    It is all about energy! Also 'dimensions'!!!
    The spirit world are not in our 3-dimensional world--but our inner spirit links in with their 'whatever dimension' world! (Personaly I believe they are THE 4th DIMENSION). Mediums are able to link in from our existence to the 'Spirit realm'! We can all link in to some degree--I have linked in to communicate with family, friends and interested spirit entities. To be a medium you have to take this to another level and link in with the family, friends and others of another earth plane being.
    OH MY!!! I hope that helps and does not confuse!!
    PPLL n L dear lady
    Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:51 pm

PPrncpl7 wrote:
    Joanie
    Hello Joannie
    It is all about energy! Also 'dimensions'!!!
    The spirit world are not in our 3-dimensional world--but our inner spirit links in with their 'whatever dimension' world! (Personaly I believe they are THE 4th DIMENSION). Mediums are able to link in from our existence to the 'Spirit realm'! We can all link in to some degree--I have linked in to communicate with family, friends and interested spirit entities. To be a medium you have to take this to another level and link in with the family, friends and others of another earth plane being.
    OH MY!!! I hope that helps and does not confuse!!
    PPLL n L dear lady
    Peter

No confusion,Peter. About dimensons though?
    This is what makes me curious,just what is an actual dimension? I understand to a certain degree,it is another 'place'?
    That we can only contact if we have the necessary 'different sense' to be able to do this?
    A dimension is not something we can actual see with our human eyes,is it?
    We need the psychic gift to sense and reach those who reside there.
    Does sound silly to you?
    I am trying to get a feel of what a dimension is.
    Joanie
    peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:11 am

I suppose in some ways mediums communicate with spirit the same ways as the living communicate with each other as we can pick up each others feelings or hear each others voices.

I used to work with someone who had money worries and when ever he walked into the room he changed the atmosphere to a negative one, which was amazing in a funny sort of way.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 am

I'll do a post on this when I have more time How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Karin
    Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm not a medium (but I hope, that I can develope my skills)...

I FEEL the emotions of my Mom. Beside me. Over the years I've felt her sadness, when I was down. Her despair, when I cried about her death. And some minutes after she was gone I felt confusion of someone beside me, someone I couldn't see... It was like being three persons in the room. My Mom who died. Someone invisible beside me and myself. I didn't expect this development, cause I really haven't thought about "life after death" before...

You know... my Mom and I... we are mother and daughter. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 We are sisters too. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 And we are best friends. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 On this side of life we often used telepathy like other people talk to each other. And I'm sure, that she's doing everything to send me a sign. And I've got many signals from her..

These days I often FEEL her laughing. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779As more as I get out of the grief.

And I'm sure, that we'll get a better commuication! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910

Karin

Last edited by Karin on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Your mother is always beside you,feeling your emotions and your grief.
    Imagine her standing beside you now,as she did when she was with you in life.
    Have a photo of her near you,where you only have to turn your head to see her face.
    Imagine her in the next room washing up and doing some small thing.
    Little things like this will bring her closer to you.
    How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 21581
    Joanie x
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Dear Joanie,

thank you for your words. She's very close to me... right now.

I have the wish to receive messages from her and this is one of the reasons for my effort to becoming (thank you for your help!) a medium...
    And believe me, my Mom doesn't have to wash up! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779 How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779 How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779

Karin How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Karin wrote:Dear Joanie,

thank you for your words. She's very close to me... right now.

I have the wish to receive messages from her and this is one of the reasons for my effort to becoming (thank you for your help!) a medium...
    And believe me, my Mom doesn't have to wash up! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779 How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779 How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779

Karin How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Your English is very good,Karin. Better than my German was at school. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779
    PPrncpl7

Male

Post  PPrncpl7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Karin wrote:I'm not a medium (but I hope, that I can develope my skills)...

I FEEL the emotions of my Mom. Beside me. Over the years I've felt her sadness, when I was down. Her despair, when I cried about her death. And some minutes after she was gone I felt confusion of someone beside me, someone I couldn't see... It was like being three persons in the room. My Mom who died. Someone invisible beside me and myself. I didn't expect this development, cause I really haven't thought about "life after death" before...

You know... my Mom and I... we are mother and daughter. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 We are sisters too. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 And we are best friends. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910 On this side of life we often used telepathy like other people talk to each other. And I'm sure, that she's doing everything to send me a sign. And I've got many signals from her..

These days I often FEEL her laughing. How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779As more as I get out of the grief.

And I'm sure, that we'll get a better commuication! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 15910

Karin
    Hello Karin
    Your 'telepathy' with your Mum I call 'Linking'!!!
    If you link here in the earth plane then you will link when one of you has passed over.
    Grief can stop the link--so please(I know its hard) stop grieving--she has gone home--one day you will be 'HOME' together --until then use that link!
    She is clearly 'happy' with the situation--all it needs is for you to be also! 'Accept' the situation and you will Link again as you did before.
    Maybe--just maybe --the future will be better than what you have already known!
    Peace, Patience, Love, Light and much Laughter dear lady!!
    Peter
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:26 am

Dear Joanie,

Your English is very good,Karin. Better than my German was at school.

Believe me... my German ist VERY better than my attempts to write a good English... How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufgHow does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufgHow does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufg

You had German lessons at school? Voluntarily? Or is/was German an integral part of a school's day?

Bye! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Karin, a little bit "off topic" this morning How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779

Dear Peter,

thank you for your words... you are absolutely right! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Znomjailykw

I'll write this evening some lines, cause I want to think about it in the meantime...

Bye, Peter! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Karin, "linked"
    guidinglight

Female
    Number of posts : 134
    Job/hobbies : Spiritual interests, movies, pot plants, op shopping, retired so do as little as possible is the plan, enjoying my time of life doing what ever i please.
    Registration date : 2011-04-04

Post  guidinglight Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Joanie

Hi Joanie,
    We are all connected to spirit, when i am asked to do a mediumship reading for a client, i ask for the persons name they are wishing me to connect to,their relationship to that person eg, mother, father, brother sister, date of birth, a photo, passing over date if they have that information at hand or some of what i ask it helps to make that connection so i can ask them to come forward with a message. I will give you an example,
    I am asking John Brown passed over (whatever date) to come forward please with a message for his daughter Janie, and usually that connection happens quickly as most of our loved ones are only too happy to talk to their loved ones, then it is a matter of me relaying that message to their loved one and hopefully getting a clear connection so i dont make a mistake,some of the best known mediums in the world sometimes make mistakes when hearing something not clearly and will pass something on usually a name or a word incorrectly, then get it right when the connection is clearer so it all works out in the end.
    I cant go to those in the spirit world they have to be willing to come forward to me to give their loved ones a message, and usually they are only too happy and cant wait to come forward with a message and have a chat with their loved one.
    The way i work is the way that spirit has chosen me to work and it works fine for me everyone is different with how they connect to our loved ones or work with their gifts..Alot of us are judged for the way we work, because some people believe we should be doing this or that or not doing this or that, but they dont realise we are chosen to work with spirit and connect to spirit in the way it is best for us to use our gifts and energy.
    I do not have control over what i receive from a loved one to pass on, what they give me is what they wish me to pass on to their loved one, and i hear their voice through clairaudience, which is hearing spiritually,(silent voice which i hear) and i am shown what they want me to see through clairvoyance which is seeing spiritually, but the connection to that person in spirit is through mediumship which is being able to have the ability to connect to one who has passed over into the spiritworld. For those who dont have mediumship they bring information through from their spirit guides to pass on to the the person wishing a reading and that is usually through clairvoyance and clairaudience and of course there are some excellent tarot card readers that use their gifts with the cards and other methods.
    when i am doing a reading for a client i usually find i use clairaudinece and clairvoyance but sometimes mediumship will just happen and a loved one may pop in and want to give that person a message, you cant tell what will happen with any reading what spirit wants that person to have will come through for them because it is just meant to be and it is all about bringing comfort, guidance, reasurrance and help in the way that will help that person the most to satisfy them with their questions or problems they are concerned about at that time and need help with.
    It is energy not of this earth plane that we are connecting to when we ask our guides and loved ones in spirit to come forward with their wisdom, love, healing and help that we ask for, our energy connects with theirs so we can communicate with spirit through which ever way we are meant to use our gifts with spirit according to what is right for our energy.
    We can hear spirit through thought which is our silent spiritual hearing and we can also hear spirit out loud as i have expereinced as a child when i was in danger.
    A medium is connected to pure spiritual energy that has nothing to do with the brain my (crown chakra)third eye, heart chakra and solar plex chakra are used alot when connection has been made it is a connection not of this earth plane and we recieve our information from spiritual energy that connects to our physical energy we communicate through thought with those in the spirit world.
    Hope that has helped a little to explain the connection of the spirit world to meduims, readers and healers and how that connection is made possible.
    Take care Joanie xxx How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Karin wrote:Dear Joanie,

Your English is very good,Karin. Better than my German was at school.

Believe me... my German ist VERY better than my attempts to write a good English... How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufgHow does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufgHow does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 6g8was1vufg

You had German lessons at school? Voluntarily? Or is/was German an integral part of a school's day?

Bye! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Karin, a little bit "off topic" this morning How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779

Dear Peter,

thank you for your words... you are absolutely right! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Znomjailykw

I'll write this evening some lines, cause I want to think about it in the meantime...

Bye, Peter! How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Karin, "linked"

Hi Karin,
    German was part of the school program.
    Plus French and Latin.
    Wasn't too bad with Latin or French but German,all those long words.
    How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779
    Joanie x
    PPrncpl7

Male

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? Empty DIMENSIONS

Post  PPrncpl7 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Hello Joannie
    No confusion,Peter. About dimensons though?
    This is what makes me curious,just what is an actual dimension? I understand to a certain degree,it is another 'place'?

We are 3-dimensional-we are unable to see 1 or 2 dimensions. A sheet of paper has length and width-2 dimensions, it is often used to represent a 2-dimensional plane, but it has a thickness so is reall 3-dimensional. A true 2-dimensional plane cannot be seen by a 3-dimensional being, nor can any 2-dimensional lifeforms.

But when we move through a 2-dimensional space what woul a 2-dimesional lifeform perceive??? They would see a 2-dimesional aspect of us!

Do other dimensions exist???? Let us suppose a 7-dimensional lifeform moved through the intersection of their 7-dimesional plane and our 3-dimesional plane--what would we see???? Maybe 'ghosts'????
    Is why i like to differentiate between 'ghosts' and 'spirits' they are two different things!!
    I hope that helps to explain dimensions.
    PPLL n L dear lady
    Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Peter,you are an absolute gem!
    I wish you had been my teacher at school.......... How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 160943
    I know what dimensions are but not the effect they have on one another.
    I just couldn't get the idea of how we see spirit moving through our dimension.
    I've written all that you have given me, in a notebook.
    My thanks to you.
    Joanie x
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:39 am

Peter wrote:Hello Karin
    Your 'telepathy' with your Mum I call 'Linking'!!!
    If you link here in the earth plane then you will link when one of you has passed over.
    Grief
    can stop the link--so please(I know its hard) stop grieving--she has
    gone home--one day you will be 'HOME' together --until then use that
    link!
    She is clearly 'happy' with the situation--all it needs is for
    you to be also! 'Accept' the situation and you will Link again as you
    did before.
    Maybe--just maybe --the future will be better than what you have already known!
    Peace, Patience, Love, Light and much Laughter dear lady!!
    Peter

Dear Peter,

you' re absolutely right! Grief can stop the link... But: As I was depressed in a very awful way my Mom found me... With a "explosion" of strong emotions. I felt her being desperate about me and my tears. That was like a big overrun, like a wave of emotions put me out of my mourning and so I found myself breathless and amazed. And I meant to "hear" her as she said under tears "oh please, stop crying!".

This day I raised my head again and continued living.

And now, cause I know that our loved ones are around us and still alive, I don't feel grief anymore. And so the link "works" better... It's like being together in a very natural way. She's not always around me (and I think she has very much to do in her new life How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779 ), but whenever I think of her and let love and thankfulness flow, she finds me. She also finds me, when I'm frustrated and don't think about her. Then she lets me know, that she's with me - with a signal from the other side. This often makes me smile... How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 348985

I miss the quality of the talks we had... but I think, that I'll have them again - at the latest - when I pass over too. In the meanwhile I enjoy this life knowing I have her by my side. And who knows? Maybe I'll find on my way to becoming a medium a good trick to "chat" with Mom? How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 809779

Karin

Last edited by Karin on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Karin
    Karin

Female

Post  Karin Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 am

Joanie wrote:Wasn't too bad with Latin or French but German,all those long words.

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? R75x2iy0fzj

Oh Joanie, you are a gem too... How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 529620

Karin, also with thanks to peter for his explanation concerning the dimensions
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Joanie

Hi Joan,

if you are asking about mental mediumship such informaton is received via the mind so a medium can relay the information in regard to what they claim they are seeing, hearing or sensing. A number of mediums may work symbolically with spirit. Symbols help save time and energy from both the spirit communicator as well as the medium.

The spirit world vibrates on a much higher level of frequency than our own world does. Therefore, a medium has to raise their energy to access the world of spirit. A spirit communicator has to lower their vibration, so as to blend alongside the medium's before any form of spirt communication can take place. Should this linking in or, opening up not occur properly then any messages given by the medium to a client may be bitty - hit and miss, or it will turn out to be a psychic link.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi Skye! Nice to see you back again.

Ah,Now I understand about receiving messages.

I am no experinced medium,but I do receive thoughts which are not my own.

Leaving me wondering where they are coming from.

I have been told that they are the thought 0r words of spirit.

But this only happens when I am in like a twilight stage.

Between wakefullness and sleep.

Now the bit about 'raising one's vibration',how would one do that?

How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 160943
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks Joan,

My personal experience is all I can offer, it may help then again it may not, because there are as many different methods as there are differences in opinions so it will depend on what works for each individual. Raising one's vibration is a simple process, but as with anything spiritual, it's a process which is easier said than done.

When sensing spirit around me or, if I decide to work on a spiritual level, I expand my aura whilst asking for a spirit communicator to draw close. My thoughts are centered on all things spiritual including being a channel for spirit, this helps raise my vibration which enables me to link in to the spirit world. Basically that's all there is to it Joan, I told you it was simple. Practice obviously improves the time taken to work through this process so that it can be achieved more quickly as a working medium does when they're doing a demonstration.

To help raise one's vibrations you have to prevent the conscious mind from kicking in as you become aware of changes that are happening around you as you open up to an altered state of consciousness and vibration. So try to focus your thoughts on the spiritual rather than day to day activities. Once our conscious mind interrupts the flow of thought we instantly become grounded, which imo shows that there is no need to do any grounding exercises beforehand as claimed by some people. Spirit communication eventually comes via the sub-conscious mind, which is probably the reason why you become sensitive to spirit's thoughts during the twilight stage than at other times because as we start to fall asleep we are usually prepared to let go of everyday thoughts within our conscious minds.

Good luck.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Nice and clearly put,Skye.

That I understand so well.

I know about the aura,so can be sure I know what I am doing.

I think I am a little afraid sometimes in letting go.

Of what may happen.

What I am going to do is practise tonight when I go off to bed.

More relaxed then,let's see what happens!

Joan x
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 pm

I think I am a little afraid sometimes in letting go.

Hi Joanie, i'm sure many feel this, please let us know how you get on.How does a medium receive a message from the spirit world? 821538

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm

I will Violet.

At the moment I am being woken by hearing a voice speaking to me but haven't a clue what he is saying,just catch the last few words.

Frustrating!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:42 pm