Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
innerlight
mac
Beware_of_Italics
Lynn
Violet
9 posters

Can mediumship be learned from a book?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Can mediumship be learned from a book? Empty Can mediumship be learned from a book?

Post  Violet Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 am

Personally I don't think so but i'm amazed at the number of people who believe it can.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Can mediumship be learned from a book? Empty Re: Can mediumship be learned from a book?

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:07 am

Hello

NO the tools one needs to understand what they are seeing or hearing ext can be found in a bookl but that does not make one a Medium. That is a place one is born into or awakened into in life.

Lynn
    Beware_of_Italics
    Beware_of_Italics

Female
    Number of posts : 363
    Registration date : 2011-03-15

Can mediumship be learned from a book? Empty Re: Can mediumship be learned from a book?

Post  Beware_of_Italics Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:29 am

I think trusting your intuition can be learned, but with mediumship or even psychic ability... either you have it or you don't.

Of course, I think some people DO have mediumistic abilities but aren't exactly aware. Once they become aware, I believe it can grow from there.
    mac

Male
    Number of posts : 4147
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:07 am

Violet wrote:Personally I don't think so but i'm amazed at the number of people who believe it can.

I know what you mean, Violet.

I'm amazed almost daily about what folks will believe without a scrap of evidence....

The argument I've regularly heard is that so-and-so learned to do it (psychism, mediumship, healing or whatever) so if (s)he could learn to do it, it can be learned. I always point out that it can't be known if that attribute was latent in any particular person, just waiting for the trigger that would set off that latent 'skill'.

I'm slowly learning, though, (I'm pretty thick!) that it's pointless speaking to folks who are unable, or unwilling, to consider what one is saying. I gauge the number of such individuals by the near total lack of responses to what I've said.

It's a lot of individuals....
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 am

Violet wrote:Personally I don't think so but i'm amazed at the number of people who believe it can.

This is a trick question. You would have to have an answer to the question can mediumship be learned? You would also have to answer the question is it available in anyone or only people that have the gift?

Once you have answers to both those questions then you can answer this question. If mediumship can be learned then yes it could be learned from a book. After all the learning part comes from the individual that does the work, practice, and hones the ability. Regardless if it was learned from a book or a teacher. The downside being that a person who learns it from a book does not get the available peer to peer support having a teacher would afford them.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:20 am

I think that to learn mediumship from a book is using the other side of the brain, the left side, the side that reasons and rationalizes and remembers and decides.

Intuition comes from the right side of the brain...the side that deals in symbols and knowingness.

I'm sure it is possible to be a very good medium ...using decision and reason together with intuitional knowingness as long as the processes are in balance and harmony.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:15 am

Certain aspects of mediumship can be learnt from a book however, a book can only take you so far, much the same as a spiritual mentor or guru can. Without the co-operation of those in the world of spirit, usually a spirit guide, then learning and developing ones mediumship is impossible.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 pm

and then is the question......Can Mediumship be inherited?
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 am

Maybe if 'brain wiring' plays a part.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Joanie wrote:and then is the question......Can Mediumship be inherited?

I think we're all born with some kind of sixth sense and I definatelyy believe mediumship can pass through families

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:29 am

It was several years ago I was told that my great grandmother was a medium.

I asked 'What's that?'

Can mediumship be learned from a book? 809779
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:50 am

It's surprising Joanie, even these days often people have never heard of a medium or of what they are, there was so little around even just twenty years ago but now we're bombarded with things there's even programmes on the tv so it's strange when you hear of some who've never heard of them.Can mediumship be learned from a book? 821538

Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Do you think that books that are suppose to help you can do so. Like with meditation etc.,

Can mediumship be learned from a book? 348985
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Assumpta wrote:Do you think that books that are suppose to help you can do so. Like with meditation etc.,

Maureen,do you ever receive any mediumnistic information?

Like a name that may pop into your mind,but you don't know where the name has come from.

Hearing or sensing something that is strange to you and not sure where the information has come from?

Suddenly hearing a voice and no idea where that voice has come from?

Sensing something but not sure why you are sensing or feeling something about a person,some Instinct you are picking up?

Joan x
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Assumpta wrote:Do you think that books that are suppose to help you can do so. Like with meditation etc.,

Books can only guide a person to something. The bulk of it needs to be done by the person. Books may be able to help answer common questions that one may have.. But will fail to really provide feedback with the individual. That is where a teacher, group, or even a forum, can help with ones progress.
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Well Joan in answer to your questions, I can suddenly as you say think of someone and it's usually someone I've known in my life but I've no idea why I've thought of them.
    I do hear voices and I do get like a ringing in my ears, which is annoying.
    I can also get feelings which I find difficult to explain to people. Sometimes this can be about a person or even a place.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Same as I do,Maureen.

I call that empathic or....thoughts are meeting.

I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 pm