Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
shayn
Violet
6 posters

Difficult cards to work with?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Work - Difficult cards to work with? Empty Difficult cards to work with?

Post  Violet Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Just as we have a favourite deck thread I thought we could also have a thread to mention the decks we find really difficult, this could prove useful as someone else might be able to offer a few tips, it would also be useful for people who are looking for decks, wondering what to buy.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Work - Difficult cards to work with? Empty Re: Difficult cards to work with?

Post  shayn Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 pm

sounds like a good idea, which are yours?

i have to think about mine... will post soon.

s
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 pm

I need to think about mine too but the cards that don't have real images on the minor arcana kind of bug me, I don't use a book and you can't read much from a picture of three cups or nine swords and nothing else.

shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 pm

i agree, cards with no images are hard to understand- me not good in remembering things.
    but some tarot cards has such complicated images that you can't understand it either...

s
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm not a tarot reader as such but I have had a go with Angel cards.

I used to attend a class on another site and was given reasonable success.

I seem to have more come through from the Angel cards than tarot.Why should that be?
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Hello

I so persaonally feel that cards choose us we do not choose them. If one opens to intuition feelings when looking for a deck and not the "Pretty" pictures on them we often find that we get one's that work for us well. I choose a deck of Animal Knowldge Cards just from the box cover image. I was not looking at the picture from the art work view point I was hearing a message that this deck would be right for me. It was.

For new readers learing the "tradtional" Tarot is best to get the feel for the meanings of them. Now I do not know if I buy into this as the decks ( well most ) come with a meaning book. The animal one's I got have NO book its all on the cards.

One's I do find very hard to use in Tarot are one's that are "based" on the Traditional Swords, Wands, Pentacles and Cups where the add in extra cards ? WHY?

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:34 am

I always struggled with the tarot until someone told me to put the book away.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 am

Violet wrote:I always struggled with the tarot until someone told me to put the book away.

Hello

I have yet to look at the book that came with mine. For so many year's Tarot Cards would visually flash to me and I would know the meaning of them without even knowing t he deck or card's name. I would go to a reader friend and say this is the image discription and this is the meaning I have for someone....HELP.

Then I got a deck The Halloween Tarot - and I simply sat down and went card by card and said OK if I am to do this and know this give me the information I need. I sat and just typed and typed out the meanings. It was channelled information to me. One I know that is one of the BEST Tarot reader's went over it for me and said while mine was more "general" and more from the " heart" in how it was put forth I had all the meanings right. She would know she "Teaches" Tarot Classes.

YES leave the book behind....but that is NOT how one is taught in a class.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Never had a tarot class, but I bet they do it 'by the book'Work - Difficult cards to work with? 809779 I think it's more a case of finding the right deck book or not.

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:28 am

I think one of the obstacles some people come across when learning tarot is believing that there is a right way to interpret the symbology within the tarot cards. If we were to read for the same person, each one of us here will read the symbols differently, but I imagine all readings will be of a similar tone.
    skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1256
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:33 am

Violet wrote:Never had a tarot class, but I bet they do it 'by the book'Work - Difficult cards to work with? 809779 I think it's more a case of finding the right deck book or not.

The little white book is someone else's interpretation of the cards. When I taught tarot, I encouraged people to throw the book away, or, at most to not let it become a dependable crutch in their progression.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 am

Violet wrote:Never had a tarot class, but I bet they do it 'by the book'Work - Difficult cards to work with? 809779 I think it's more a case of finding the right deck book or not.

Hello

Yes they go by the book.....trust me there LOL I did one....OMG boaring it was but I needed the certification.

Lynn
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

The little white book is someone else's interpretation of the cards

ExactlyWork - Difficult cards to work with? 821538

Purplemoon
    Purplemoon

Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2011-11-17

Post  Purplemoon Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:08 am

I never used the little white books that came with the decks i have , but i do have some tarot books that i have refered to over the years Mastering the tarot by Paul Fenton Smith is one of them .
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Those little pamphlet things in cards aren't much good at all are they, they confused me even more when I was young, the actual tarot books are better these days. You can get some specific to the deck too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:42 pm