Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
jcam@sii
avianscepter
norseman
1antique
RavenMoon
innerlight
Kaere
QuietCypher
gilly
Detlef
SpiritVoices
15 posters

Easter. The Rising of Jesus Christ.

SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Easter.   The Rising of Jesus Christ. Empty Easter. The Rising of Jesus Christ.

Post  SpiritVoices Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I know I am a bit out of season here but have some queries about the rising of Jesus Christ from his grave.

I'm bringing spirit into this so wondered what your opinions are.

If we remember the bible,Jesus was crucified and died on the cross.
    He was laid to rest in a cave.
    There he was wrapped in a shroud.

He arose on the third day and was seen walking the next day.
    It was accepted by the people who saw him that he had risen from the dead.
    The cave was checked and his body was gone,only his shroud was left lying.

Now why was his body missing if it was accepted by all in those days that Jesus had arisen from the grave as in as we know it,and passed into the spirit world?

I suppose that spiritualism wasn't known in the days that Jesus lived.
    Or at least our version of it.

Did the people there realise that or even think about it at all?
    Detlef
    Detlef

Male
    Number of posts : 923
    Registration date : 2010-09-25

Easter.   The Rising of Jesus Christ. Empty Re: Easter. The Rising of Jesus Christ.

Post  Detlef Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:27 pm

The question is, did it ever happen?

A comparison between the Krishna story and the Jesus story might make you think. And there are more similar stories throughout history before Jesus.

http://www.bobkwebsite.com/krishnajesusmyths.html
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Easter.   The Rising of Jesus Christ. Empty Re: Easter. The Rising of Jesus Christ.

Post  gilly Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:34 pm

For my part the man known as Jesus existed. He was eventually crucified on the cross. He WAS a very exceptional person, above all he was a great 'healer'.

The truth or otherwise of the gospels I am not sure about. The virgin birth has modern day parallels that have not been known. The bigee for me is "Is he the son of god" That question troubled me greatly for many many years. I now know he was the son of god--just as we are all gods children!!

The resurection should be no problem for spiritualists--there are many documented accounts of loved ones returning--and millions of undocumented accounts! Those in the spirit realm are there - all we need do is reach out to make contact.

PPLLnL

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 am

Jesus existed,that is something we must never forget.
    You are right,Gilly he was the world greatest healer.
    A great prophet and man.
    :love:
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post  gilly Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Joanie wrote:Jesus existed,that is something we must never forget.
    You are right,Gilly he was the world greatest healer.
    A great prophet and man.
    Easter.   The Rising of Jesus Christ. 621623

It is the one thing we must not forget Joanie!! HE WAS A GREAT MAN!

And we should all endeavour to be as great as him, even though we will fall short it is important that we try!

PPLLnL

Peter
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 pm

I have never been particularly interested in religion,Peter.
    But I love the history of such great men.
    What ever Jesus was,whether just a prophet or the son of God,he will never be forgotten.

Thank you,Peter.

:urwelcome:
    QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male
    Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2013-11-20

Post  QuietCypher Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm not sure if we can find value in if he existed or not, but value in the story--the story of what we are to become. There will come a time when all of us have to sacrifice our ego's on the "cross" for the betterment of humanity.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:38 pm

m not sure if we can find value in if he existed or not

The value of knowing whether Jesus Christ existed would be tremendous.    Whether he was the son of God or just a prophet we would know he had actually lived a life on this earth.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:m not sure if we can find value in if he existed or not

The value of knowing whether Jesus Christ existed would be tremendous.    Whether he was the son of God or just a prophet we would know he had actually lived a life on this earth.

How does knowing he actually lived a life on this earth change things? Not to be rude, but to me it's all "so what?".

What is the value in knowing it?
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:22 pm

For those who actually believe he existed.     Whether he was the son of God or just an ordinary prophet.   I am not all that religious myself,Kaere.   
    In fact normally I will not even discuss any kind of religion.  Religion has caused more wars on this world than anything else.
    Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Yes, okay that's fine. I understand that. But if it is said that there is value in the knowing, what is that value? What value does it have for believers? Does it change their lives? Their behaviour?

I don't think there's any value in the knowing, even for believers. It would be a nice to know fact and that's about it.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:16 pm

Kaere wrote:Yes, okay that's fine. I understand that. But if it is said that there is value in the knowing, what is that value? What value does it have for believers? Does it change their lives? Their behaviour?

I don't think there's any value in the knowing, even for believers. It would be a nice to know fact and that's about it.
    The value of knowing that Jesus Christ was a genuine man and son of God would greatly increase the faith of the Catholic church.    
    If it was proved that Jesus had not existed or was an ordinary man,the Catholic church would collapse.      Plus quite few other religions.
    QuietCypher
    QuietCypher

Male
    Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2013-11-20

Post  QuietCypher Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:54 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:
    Kaere wrote:Yes, okay that's fine. I understand that. But if it is said that there is value in the knowing, what is that value? What value does it have for believers? Does it change their lives? Their behaviour?

The value of knowing that Jesus Christ was a genuine man and son of God would greatly increase the faith of the Catholic church.    
    If it was proved that Jesus had not existed or was an ordinary man,the Catholic church would collapse.      Plus quite few other religions.
    For the believers to "know" for a fact this claim, would terribly throw them further and further more into their own subconscious minds. The Catholic church would be so excited because there is more money to be made. I really was not planning on going this route.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 am

The name of the topic is 'The Rising of Jesus Christ',we are trying to prove that Jesus did exist first.

I disagree with what you have said about the catholic church.   It is well known that, that religion would lose the faith of the catholic worshippers ,and the vaults within the churches would be empty.
    innerlight
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3817
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 pm

SpiritVoices wrote:The value of knowing that Jesus Christ was a genuine man and son of God would greatly increase the faith of the Catholic church.    
    If it were to be proven that Jesus existed, and was exactly whom he was claimed to be by the church as God in the flesh, the savior, then faith would increase for many.. It would strengthen the faith of those that already had it.. Probably even convert doubters and non believers.. Not always but it may...

If he never existed or was an ordinary man.. It may strengthen the resolve and faith of peoples. As he will become relate-able and be something that one can be.. When an individual is perfect, it's hard to live up to him as human.

Would religion collapse? Not necessarily, it may just take a set back.. Religions such as Judaism do not believe the messiah has come yet.. So, the catholic church could fall back on to the belief that the messiah has not been here yet, and they were mistaken.. They may lose hope that the messiah will never come.. It may really affect Christianity... But it may not. It may make it more relate-able to follow the teachings of a great man that accomplished much.. Of course if he never existed, then his workings are not true.. And they are not following anything more than the works of fiction...

For others it may not change their faith or belief at all.. They may continue to have that faith of God in their hearts, with or without Jesus..

Post  Guest Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Just a side note:

Research the "Epic of Creation" to understand your God....every religion has followed this template in creating their beliefs
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:01 pm

innerlight wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:The value of knowing that Jesus Christ was a genuine man and son of God would greatly increase the faith of the Catholic church.    
    If it were to be proven that Jesus existed, and was exactly whom he was claimed to be by the church as God in the flesh, the savior, then faith would increase for many.. It would strengthen the faith of those that already had it.. Probably even convert doubters and non believers.. Not always but it may...

If he never existed or was an ordinary man.. It may strengthen the resolve and faith of peoples. As he will become relate-able and be something that one can be.. When an individual is perfect, it's hard to live up to him as human.

Would religion collapse? Not necessarily, it may just take a set back.. Religions such as Judaism do not believe the messiah has come yet.. So, the catholic church could fall back on to the belief that the messiah has not been here yet, and they were mistaken.. They may lose hope that the messiah will never come.. It may really affect Christianity... But it may not. It may make it more relate-able to follow the teachings of a great man that accomplished much.. Of course if he never existed, then his workings are not true.. And they are not following anything more than the works of fiction...

For others it may not change their faith or belief at all.. They may continue to have that faith of God in their hearts, with or without Jesus..
    Well said,Innerlight....I like your explanation......explains all sides of the story.
    :asmile:
    RavenMoon
    RavenMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 585
    Job/hobbies : fulltime and lots of interests
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  RavenMoon Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:21 pm

If the Vatican ever opened up it's archives(which it never will) the truth would be known, or at least, confirmed either way.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Exactly!  Apparently the Vatican is very relunctant to do that deed.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Religion has, and always will be, formed around a concept. It does not matter what the concept is, just that it is something that is explainable to the populace. It is then expanded upon to draw in more believers. Once the original concept is explainable, it morphs into something different...some new explainable concept. It has been this way since the beginning of time and will probable continue to be this way until the end of time.
    norseman
    norseman

Male
    Number of posts : 318
    Job/hobbies : Striding the hedge
    Registration date : 2010-01-27

Post  norseman Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:12 am

The Church of England is dying and the Archbishop of Canterbury is begging young people to join to revive it. Oddly, the ancient cathedrals are seeing an increase in numbers of people attending [got to admit, I do go to my local 1000 year-old cathedral which was built over a pagan holy site so I feel justified in going there.]
    Frankly, it is time that Churchianity died off. It ceased to have any connection to Christ centuries ago.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 am

Would that be Durham Cathedral,Northman?     If it is it is a beautiful place.
    :asmile:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 pm

It has been debated that Jesus' grave was either in France,assuming he married Mary Magdalen.  There was proof I think of two graves found there which may have been their graves.

There was a program on television about the discovery of the graves.

I don't think it will ever be proved.....

Post  Guest Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 pm

avianscepter wrote:Hey, does anyone know where Jesus final resting place was?  I mean he vanished after escaping entomement from the tomb his was in.  Maybe death is roaming around the world knocking on people's doors because death was looking for Jesus.  Maybe Jesus is that spiritual bunny rabbit that escaped entombment from death.
    He's not dead.............they had this thing they do where the heart rate is slowed down to near nothing.....one cannot feel pain during this....the body soon shuts down and reawakens itself after danger...or time has passed

A savior that dies and rises in three days came from the "Sumerians"...copied many years later by the bible

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:29 pm