Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Oracle Cards

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Oracle Cards Empty Oracle Cards

Post  Violet Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:01 am

Do you use them and if so do you think they are easier than tarot?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Oracle Cards Empty Re: Oracle Cards

Post  shayn Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:33 pm

i use the unicorn oracle cards.
    amm, easier??? i think it gives the impression that it is easier to grasp and understand, but once you get to know them well, you find out they can be really complax and deep as the tarot cards are.
    i also used the gypsy cards, i guess they are also oracle cards, and i got some really deep and interesting insights using them, and they were not easy to master even though it seems so.
    so no i don't think they are easier, i think it is all about the reader and how he uses the tools he has.
    make sense?
    do you use any oracle cards? what do you think violet?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah that does make sense :asmile: And I do use oracle cards too

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:53 pm

which oracle cards do you use?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:25 pm

I use the Doreen Virtue cards very occasionally but they aren't really my cup of tea, I do like the power animal ones though :asmile:

shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 am

there are many kinds of oracle cards, i put my eyes on "Sacred Geometry Oracle" by John Greer not sure why, but i hear the call, i probably will know when i get them...amm i wonder when this will happen??? no birthday coming soon :(
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Christmas will be here soon though, or you could just treat yourself :grin:

Katiecat
    Katiecat

Female
    Number of posts : 60
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Post  Katiecat Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 pm

I recently purchased the Doreen Virtue Healing with the Fairies oracle cards. It's my first deck, and I give myself little daily readings so that I can get use to them. I love them, and they have been a nice enhancement to my day. I have a three year old daughter who also loves to "pick a card and make a wish" every day.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:50 pm

this is nice katiecat. i don't know this deck, will go and take a look online soon. been looking for a new oracle deck.. i just love them

s
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female
    Number of posts : 989
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  sparkly Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:01 pm

my sister bought me doreen virtue angel therapy oracle cards.
    do you gals use them like tarot? i've only used them a little. although i believe in messages,
    and cards seem a viable medium, i'm unsure how to really do it? with the oracle cards i tend to have them jump out at me. so i read those, but not really sure,k even with tarot.
    sorry if this sounds silly. :love:
    Katiecat
    Katiecat

Female
    Job/hobbies : crystals, rocks, camping, drawing, music, reading, writing, cards, anything metaphysical

Post  Katiecat Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 pm

shayn wrote:this is nice katiecat. i don't know this deck, will go and take a look online soon. been looking for a new oracle deck.. i just love them

s

From what I understand from reading on a tarot forum site, there are two different Fairy decks by Doreen Virtue. The one I have is "Healing with the Fairies." I'm not sure what the other fairy deck is called. I'm assuming that Healing with the Fairies is the older of the two, and I read really good reviews on that site, and then when the second deck came out, the reviews were not so great. However, I don't think it was complaints against the cards themselves, just people questioning the motives of Doreen Virtue (they were saying stuff like they thought she was milking it for money, kind of thing). I really don't put much into reviews though because I rarely agree with them.
    Katiecat
    Katiecat

Female

Post  Katiecat Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:12 pm

sparkly wrote:my sister bought me doreen virtue angel therapy oracle cards.
    do you gals use them like tarot? i've only used them a little. although i believe in messages,
    and cards seem a viable medium, i'm unsure how to really do it? with the oracle cards i tend to have them jump out at me. so i read those, but not really sure,k even with tarot.
    sorry if this sounds silly. :love:

I've never used tarot yet. I received my deck of tarot last night, actually. But oracle cards seem easier to me. From what I understand Doreen Virtue's Angel Therapy Oracle cards work hand-in-hand with the Healing with the Fairies, so I'm planning on getting them as well. My friend got the Doreen Virtue Dolphin and Mermaid deck (not sure of the proper name of it) and I really really like them. Those cards also have more writing on them, to help explain, which I think makes it even less intimidating to a beginner like me.

I've just started out doing a three card spread for myself. Immediate past, present, and immediate future...and I've been pulling the bottom card up, too, as like a personal goal. It's been interesting.
    sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 pm

thankyou katie. :astar:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 am

I do think the Doreen Virtue cards are particularly good for a 'message of the day' and a nice gentle introduction for children too. I knew someone years ago who let their kids drasw a runestone a day just before school I thought that was good too)

Sparkly reading the ones which jump out is good, and there are several other ways to choose them, (as Katie cat said about the one at the bottom,) you could just take one from the top or even the middle, you could shuffle and fan them out, take a moment to think about the day ahead and select one at random.You could just select a number and take out the corresponding card as you count through the pack until you reach the number you chose.

The past, presernt, future spread is always good choosing three cards and placing them side by side the first one you draw is the past, the mioddle one the present and the last one the future.

These methods can also be applied to the tarot and it is a really good way to familiarise yourself with a tarot deck, which can be daunting because they are such large decks.

Also with the tarot you can just use the 22 major cards if you're a beginner, get the feel of those first, use them in the ways i've described above.

Another good and simple method of using any cards is the hopes and fears spread, with this you actually look at the cards and choose the one which you like the most at that moment, and then the one you like the least.The one you like should describe your hopes, and the one you like the least your fears the fears one may sound negative but it can help as you can then work on it.

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:26 am

thanks for that violet, i appreciate it.
    i know this is going to sound really stupid; i was brought up as a catholic, and had never seen these things till my twenties, but what am i supposed to 'do' with the knowledge of say whatever the card says is my day's portent? like beyond the little guide book doreen virtue (or whoever wrote a given tome), how do i take it further, so that it has real meaning rather than "archangel michael is guiding you" ? whaddya do with that!
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:57 am

No it's not stupid, I think many can relate to that, a lot of people haven't seen oracle/tarot cards early on.
    how do i take it further, so that it has real meaning rather than "archangel michael is guiding you" ? whaddya do with that!
    This is why i'm not too crazy about this type of oracle card it's a bit like reading a horoscope it could apply to anyone at any time, it's very open and vague, a lot of them are almost affirmation cards but there are ways to glean a little more info, let's take your example:
    "archangel michael is guiding you"

Ask yourself first what do you feel he guiding you with? you may know the answer right away, you may have an appointment that day for example that you are worried or nervous about so in that sense that might be a fantastic card for you, if you don't know straight away it could be that you have a blazing row later that day, he may be guiding you through that so that it doesn't go too far or become too hurtful.
    I feel it's good to note down your feelings as you draw the card then note down at the end of the day then compare the two and see just how accurate that feeling was.
    Alternatively look closely at the picture on the card how does it make you feel as you look at it, calm/peaceful/warm/protected? I'm assuming the pic will have AAMichael on it, so what is he doing in the pic is he carrying anything? If so what does that item represent to you? If he has a sword for example it could be that he is going to help you clear some obstacles, or cut some 'red tape' with that sword. Try to read his facial expression, how does he look like he is feeling, is he smiling at you, which would indicate things will turn out well?

Finally the colours, I don't know if you have a strong affinity with colour but you will know which colours make you feel good or bad, sunshine yellow for example imo is like bright sunshine, which when read symbolicly is very postive.
    Again make notes morning and night and compare.
    These are but a few of the ways you can read a card of any kind, I hope it helps Oracle Cards 821538

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:35 am

actually violet it does help. a lot. i'm gonna try what you've suggesterd with a little note book. :happy:
    thanks for saying it was vague an' all. that makes feel less alone. :happy:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi Sparkly Oracle Cards 182340 please let us know how it goes Oracle Cards 821538

sparkly
    sparkly

Female

Post  sparkly Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:28 pm

sure will v,
    now all i must do is locate the cards lol. i think i know where they are. :giggles:
    thanks foer all your help. :hugz:
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:42 pm

You're welcome Oracle Cards 821538

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Sun May 29, 2011 1:21 am

I've got a couple of decks of Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue and two decks of Tarot Cards, I find the Oracle Cards a lot easier to use than the Tarot Cards. But what really supprises me is how accurate they are. If you give yourself a reading, the cards you pick will address the current problems you are having. They seem amazing.
    shayn
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn Sun May 29, 2011 10:03 am

i agree with you, oracle cards seem to be easier then tarot cards and yes they can be very very accurate.
    and they can be as deep as tarot cards.

S
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun May 29, 2011 10:31 pm

I find the Doreen Virtue cards almost impossible to work with and just how many times does she need to use the word 'manifest' Oracle Cards 258595

peaceandkarma

Male
    Number of posts : 189
    Registration date : 2011-05-25

Post  peaceandkarma Mon May 30, 2011 12:39 am

Violet wrote:I find the Doreen Virtue cards almost impossible to work with and just how many times does she need to use the word 'manifest' Oracle Cards 258595
    I've heard a few people say similar things about Doreen Virtue cards. Personally I like them. They seem very positive as in all clouds have a silver lining. Tarot Cards can seem negative with cards like Death but when you realise that its indicating change it looses its negative feel.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon May 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Peaceandkarma, if they work well for you, you should keep using them Oracle Cards 821538 they're just not for me, as for the tarot I find them intriguing but as you point out it depends on your interpretation of them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:31 pm