Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rainbow
Raven
Violet
7 posters

First Instincts...

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

First Instincts... Empty First Instincts...

Post  Violet Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:13 am

about what a person is truly like?
    Some people believe we should trust these instincts but i'm not too good with this and have been fooled by people so many times :blush: but is this because I don't trust my instincts enough or because I don't want to think badly of anyone?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Raven
    Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

First Instincts... Empty Re: First Instincts...

Post  Raven Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 am

I've almost always trusted my instincts and the one time I didn't I found myself in a very unpleasant, dangerous situation so since then, what my instinct says goes!

I think sometimes though it can be easy to mix your instincts up with your perception or what you want something to be. Not exactly ignoring them but not always being able to tell if it's your instincts or yourself projecting your wants and desires.

I find when something is right and it's my instincts telling me it's right, that it feels like whatever it is, is singing to me. Not that I hear anything it's more like something clicks into place and responds to the energy of the object/person/decision/movement and that the energy to me just feels like it's singing.

Don't know if that makes sense, I'm not really good at explaining what's going on inside me in relation to my interaction with energy and all things metaphysical etcetera but that's how I've always thought of it, as singing.
    Rainbow
    Rainbow

Female
    Number of posts : 1292
    Job/hobbies : Job; playing with my dogs. Hobbies; playing with my dogs lol
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  Rainbow Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:14 am

I agree with Raven, always go with your instinct. I tend to, sometimes I'll get a hoof in the solar plexus about someone and I just know that I'm not going to like or trust them and just leave them alone, other times I don't get that it can just be a doubt so I watch them for a bit and maybe talk to them but don't trust them 100% . Always go with your instinct it's there for a reason
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Instincts?   Would you say that instincts are the same as 'sensing'?
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 pm

By first instincts I assume you mean first impressions?  The accuracy of this depends on how
    perceptive we are.  If we tend not to be very good at getting it right then it would be wise not
    to rely on first impressions but wait until there is more info on which to base an opinion.

I am claircognizant, i.e. when I meet someone I get virtually bombarded with info coming to me
    from various signs emanating from that person.  Therefore my perception tends to be formed from this.
    I can get specific detail, e.g. about the sort of life they have had.  It can make people feel uncomfortable
    so I try not to make it obvious.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 am

ameliorate wrote:By first instincts I assume you mean first impressions?  The accuracy of this depends on how
    perceptive we are.  If we tend not to be very good at getting it right then it would be wise not
    to rely on first impressions but wait until there is more info on which to base an opinion.

I am claircognizant, i.e. when I meet someone I get virtually bombarded with info coming to me
    from various signs emanating from that person.  Therefore my perception tends to be formed from this.
    I can get specific detail, e.g. about the sort of life they have had.  It can make people feel uncomfortable
    A bit the same as you,Amy.....takes me a while before I pick up from someone what lies underneath.  it's like looking through a misty window...then the window clears....
    ameliorate
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3603
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:58 am

SpiritVoices wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:By first instincts I assume you mean first impressions?  The accuracy of this depends on how

A bit the same as you,Amy.....takes me a while before I pick up from someone what lies underneath.  it's like looking through a misty window...then the window clears....
    I think you have misunderstood what I have said here.  The 2nd paragraph refers to myself - not the first one.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:

I think you have misunderstood what I have said here.  The 2nd paragraph refers to myself - not the first one.
    Sorry Amy,I have as well.....not quite with it at the moment..... :blush: had a rough day....
    Retro76

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Job/hobbies : School
    Registration date : 2014-06-20

Post  Retro76 Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm a bit too observant to follow my instincts... unfortunately I rely on sterotypes when meeting new people, too. So when I see somebody who sounds bored with dull clothes, then I assume their boring - certainly not my best feature to be so ignorant - I wouldn't even think that they might have a nice personality, just because of their physical features :(
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 pm

It's the personality that counts.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:55 am

Exactly!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:31 pm