Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Bringing back wolves and the lynx

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Bringing back wolves and the lynx Empty Bringing back wolves and the lynx

Post  Violet Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:36 am

I heard on tv some time ago that there have been discussions on bringing wolves into Britain and on the front of a recent copy of wildlife magazine they mention doing the same with the lynx.

On a documentary there was talk of wild pigs and deer causing a lot of damage, what do you think of these animals being brought in?

Will our pets become endangered, will kids?

What are your thoughts, is this a better option than culling?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Bringing back wolves and the lynx Empty Re: Bringing back wolves and the lynx

Post  feather Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:31 am

I think to bring back and establish a balanced ecosystem has to be good.... providing that adequate protection for the human inhabitants is maintained.

Culling is horrible...I have seen Wild Horse culling, Donkey culling, Camel culling, Kangaroo culling and of course the poisoning campaigns (10/80 baiting) to cull Dingoes and pigs.

It is just horrible..the shooting...from helicopters and ground shooters.... and the baiting ...so cruel, inhumane and so sad to see such healthy and happy animals and their babies...brutally killed. It really makes me feel sick and cry for them.

And people can just decide something is bad and the solution is to kill it, instead of seeing that like the tides change is inevitable and find ways to work with it by letting balance establish itself.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:37 pm

It is horrible, it's horrible when they get killed and eaten by other animals but at least that's natural.

feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:02 pm

I agree Violet, and then someone I know said....What about Humans...aren't they animals too and doing what they do?

I suppose so but Humans are the only animals that can think...'I'll kill this because it does that and I don't like it because it might cost me money.'

And the only animal that can make decisions and mass kill based on how it thinks the environment should work.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm

that can think...'I'll kill this because it does that and I don't like it because it might cost me money.'

It's quite horrible seeing that in black and white but it's true...

Canopus
    Canopus

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2012-03-19

Post  Canopus Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:47 am

Hehe...we're funny us humans...we determine everything by our point of view. What doesn't serve our needs, we kill, maim, alter, mutate....and we forget we're a part of this world. Not it's masters, not it's tyrants. We're just tennants, not the owners...and the Landlord has established rules. Be in balance with everything, or be extinct.
    We like to think of ourselves as the "crown of creation"....what Ego...and we exploit, derange, destroy, rape our Mother Earth for profit. We are still avery young species, being here only for some thousands of years, bare minutes compared to the billions of years of the planet's existence. We have YET to stand the test of Time...
    In those billions of years, many species were created, thrived....and failed. Because they couldn't co-exist in balance with the planet, in equilibrium with Mother Earth. Can we ? This doesn't seem to be the case at the present time...
    I remember staring at a Hubble space telescope image once, i was dumbstruck. It had captured a tiny portion of the night sky and magnified it. And in this tiny area, so smaller than a fingernail...there were so many galaxies...so many billions of stars each one with orbiting planets..Creation is a really big place, how many other inhabitant worlds are out there...how much Life in other worlds, each given a fair chance...an honest opportunity.
    We expect the Shift, aliens, angels, God himself to come and save us...everything in the Universe should be committed to our salvation, our well-being, despite the fact we ourselves do not care for our Home...why should they ? Why should we always ask for help when we are not helping ourselves ?
    Nature is the work of God. And in Her there are laws. God's laws...the fit, the wise, the strong survive, the weak, the foolish are recycled to offer sustainance to the worthy of Life. I pray we as species see the big picture, and change our arrogant attitude towards what we have been blessed with, a lovely blue gem floating in the cold lifeless Space.
    Everyone is talking about development, growth, progress, profit...and we all forget everything in Nature waxes and wanes...the only thing that keeps growing all the time is a tumor...until it kills it host ;)
    Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 887
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 am

Bringing back wolves and the lynx 348985 I love wolves so i would love to see them back. let nature get back to what it once was,

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:32 am

Great post Canopus!

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 am

They are lovely aren't they Native Spirit

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female

Post  Native spirit Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:46 am

Bringing back wolves and the lynx 348985 There is a programme on next thursday about the land of the lost wolves on bbc, ill be watching it

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah I saw that advertised earlier today, it looks interesting.

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 am

Did you watch it Native Spirit?

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female

Post  Native spirit Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Bringing back wolves and the lynx 348985 Yes i watched it when it was showing them ranches saying they would shoot them. if it was me i would have taken the gun and shoot the ranches instead, who do these ppl think they are, part 2 is on tonight

Namaste
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:16 pm

That's horrible, that they want to shoot them I mean.

I didn't realize it was a two parter.

Native spirit
    Native spirit

Female

Post  Native spirit Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 pm

The protection of the wolves has finished inIDAHO so its open season for the mindless morons to shoot them. but they are thriving they are in washington and deep in the canadian border,

Namaste
    Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Predators like the wolf and lynx require certain living conditions,a large wild habitat and prey being the most important. If that habitat infringes upon areas occupied by humans, then there are problems. Being predators they need prey and often do not distinguish between say, a sheep,calf,chicken, or pet and whatever wild animals they normally eat. These predators cannot be expected to stay in small park or preserve as they are used to areas of many square miles. These predators usually travel in broad ranges moving with their prey. Unless those conditions are allowed, such predators will not survive. Can Great Britain allow such conditions? Work on bringing back vast tracts of wilderness, before thinking about bringing back the wolf.

The red wolf, a southern species was reintroduced to the southern Appalachians, but were either shot by farmers and livestock keepers, or crossbred with coyote moving in from the west which are now being shot as well. We have no lynx here but do have bobcats and they require a good supply of prey and broad range. The elk was reintroduced as well, but during bad economical times when hungry human hunters killed them off for food.
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Yes you've raised some good points there, and the uk is a tiny place, and the minute they attacked a lost child they would no doubt be destroyed..all of them

Wisa'ka
    Wisa'ka

Male
    Number of posts : 285
    Registration date : 2012-03-26

Post  Wisa'ka Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Violet wrote:Yes you've raised some good points there, and the uk is a tiny place, and the minute they attacked a lost child they would no doubt be destroyed..all of them

What about the Scottish Highlands ?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 pm

It could work there, I think there are vast expanses of land with very few people if any at all

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 8:45 am