Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

An NDE experience

skfarblum
    skfarblum

Male
    Number of posts : 268
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2011-09-23

An NDE experience Empty An NDE experience

Post  skfarblum Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am

An NDE experience

Greetings Scorpius7
    I found how you expressed the term "enlightenment" interesting.
    Most people feel that to become "enlightened" is a positive thing.
    I can only speak for myself as an experiencer, but I think "enlightenment" is a wholly misunderstood term.
    Some people do read these experiences and think they become "enlightened", but what it really does is alleviate your fear of death.
    To the experiencer, becoming "enlightened" because of their experience is a wholly different matter because "enlightenment" is really a destrustive process.
    To be enlightened really has nothing to do with becoming a better person or being happier.
    To me, to become "enlightened" is the crumbling away of UNTRUTH. It is seeing through the facade of pretense.
    With me, with my NDE being the vehicle to this process, it was the COMPLETE eradication of everything I had imagined to be true.
    For me, to become "enlightened" was to be HUMBLED.
    To see things for how they are and compare them to how I thought they were was incredibly humbling thing to experience.
    Once I came back, this created a huge vaccum for me personally.
    The first reaction is to try to fill the void, to create a new security blanket, to build another sandcastle so to speak.
    The process for each experiencer is different, dependant on what FEARS maifested during their experience.
    So, to my thinking, enlightenment for me has been a profoundly difficult and painful process, not a journey that many are willing to embark.
    I'm not saying either that I am now fully "enlightened"...I am far from it.
    The experience exposed me to seeing things for as they are, not what I was led to believe and trust in.

Being HUMBLED (NOT humiliated...not the same thing) isn't an experience confined to NDE either.
    At times in everyone's life we all get humbled...we lose a job...we lose a loved one...we give birth to a child....we go through a divorce...we have money...then we don't....we lose friends...then re-connect....all of these are openings to enlightenment if we choose to walk through the door......if we face the fear these experiences produce instead of soothing them again by filling the void with the same ole'.
    I am glad you are finding some comfort in these experiences. I hope you take these stories and it gives you strength to start yourself on the path to your own personal "enlightenment".
    If you take anything away from reading these NDE's, I hope it is the message that you are a magnificent being, loved and supported in being who you were meant to be. Live the truth that hides behind the mask.
    Bring forth it's beauty for the world to experience. Trust that the universe is there to support you when you do.

Blessings
    Blessings

From DaveT at NDERF

Last edited by skfarblum on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

An NDE experience Empty Re: An NDE experience

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 am

A very,very interesting other side to N.D.E's,Stephen.
    I wonder why the author has that inpression of NDE's being frightening cos that is the thought which comes to mind.

Enlightenment also,I would have thought would have been a wonderful feeling.
    To realise that there is another world and we live on.

I can only assume from my my husband's experience of an NDE that it gave him peace of mind.

I wonder what kind of NDE the author experienced.

Excellent article and extremely eye opening.
    Thank you,Stephen.
    Joan
    skfarblum
    skfarblum

Male
    Number of posts : 268
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2011-09-23

Post  skfarblum Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

Dear Joan,
    Yes I also found it deeply meaningful.
    That is why I wanted to share it.
    I like the contrariness.
    So called enlightenment can be hell.
    Keep well
    Stephen
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 pm

To the experiencer, becoming "enlightened" because of their experience is a wholly different matter because "enlightenment" is really a destrustive process.
    To be enlightened really has nothing to do with becoming a better person or being happier.
    To me, to become "enlightened" is the crumbling away of UNTRUTH.

Thanks for sharing Stephen, this is the line (above) which stood out for me.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm