Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

New to the site

Perspectivous
    Perspectivous
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Job/hobbies : Student; Music
    Registration date : 2012-07-18

New to the site Empty New to the site

Post  Perspectivous Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 am

Hello all, I am new to the site and figured that I would kick it off by introducing myself. How I cam about this site was sort of by happenstance. There have been several times in my life where there has been a more than noticeable emphasis on my spirituality and this is the beginning of the latest one. I got into the subject (if you can call it that, it's more of a way of life if you ask me) years ago when I was still in high school. I got my feet wet with some topics here and there, kind of centralizing around meditation, spirit guides, and some of the more psychic stuff. For personal reasons that intrest faded and shone through sporadically up to this point. I am now 24 and at a point in life where spiritual exploration/expansion seems not only appropriate and accessible, but almost impossible to avoid. What kind of re awoken my intrest in spirituality was my recent visit to Arizona, a place that I find very settling and spiritual. Upon return home I was with some new/old ideas about who I was and what I was doing with my life. I figured that I am being shown this for a reason so I best act on it. I picked up a few supplies while out west and jumped on the internet to learn more about them. In some of my research I came across this site. I don't usually subscribe to forum based sites but for some reason I decided to plug in the info and get going as a member. Again, a sign that was too compelling to ignore. Introducing myself is something that is not typical of me as I tend to sit in the background observing things and deciding the best way to carry myself in a situation. I am excited to open myself up to this new world of spirituality and learn more about myself and the worlds around me.

As far as a current practice goes, I have adopted a bit of a mix of a few different influences, chiefly Zen as well as a personal New Age practice with crystals, sage, and things of that nature. To me one's practice of spirituality is completely individual. The best way to figure out what works for you is to try a bunch of different things and collaborate with ourself on a practice that suits your interests and beliefs. I am also big into Shaman work and things like that. In the meditations that I have done and the experiences that I have I have learned of various animal guides that have helped me through many different periods in my life. My power animal/Animal Spirit Guide is the spirit of the Fox. One evening while at home, I was writing some music and up to the window that looks out into the woods came a silver fox. I watched her. She was not poking around curious or looking for food, she was there with intention. She was there for me to meet her. I have had many Fox experiences since. I really identify with the colors blue and black. I know that my dreams speak to me and help me discover things about what is going on in my life. I have a god of my own understanding and a connection with that god.

I really look forward to utilizing this website as well as participating in the discussions that happen here as I think that I have a lot to offer as well as a lot to gain.
    Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

New to the site Empty Re: New to the site

Post  Deepwaters Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello, Perspectivous, what a strange username. How did you choose it?

I enjoyed reading your introduction and hope you'll find here everything you're looking for. There are many great and kind people on this forum ready to help when needed and I'm sure we'll learn from you too. I look forward to reading your posts.

New to the site 348985 New to the site 821538
    Perspectivous
    Perspectivous
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 4
    Job/hobbies : Student; Music
    Registration date : 2012-07-18

Post  Perspectivous Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I was on a guided meditation in 2005 and there came a part where I saw my spirit manifestation (hard to explain, makes sense to me) in front of me in the form of a floating cube with radient light surrounding it. I jotted down this symbol afterwards and over time it started to show up in other things that I was doing and dootles and marginals on paper and notes that I took. I did some further meditation later on the symbol and what came to me was the name Perspectivous meaning 'One who beholds perspective'. If you break it down into it's word parts it makes sense: Perspective- a view, a take on something, and -ous-a suffix forming adjectives that have the general sense 'possessing, full of' a given quality. So, Perspectivous came to be he (me) who holds perspective.
    Deepwaters
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post  Deepwaters Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:08 am

I wasn't expecting anything like that, Perspectivous, very strange.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am