Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

seeing myself..

hannahtayy
    Just joined

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2012-08-06

seeing myself.. Empty seeing myself..

Post  hannahtayy Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Last night I felt myself wake up only I was staring at myself then appearing from the left, right and in front of my sleeping self were faces telling me to lay down be still. As I watched myself i began to feel myself struggle I could not move my body but I slowly began to sit up, once I was up a tempted to move my arms but they would fall back down. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldnt. it was like that for a few minutes then I was laying back down in the fatal position only I was back in my body staring at my wall but still had no control of my muscles for about 30 seconds.

It was very scary to watch and go through, does anyone know what this might have been?
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

seeing myself.. Empty Re: seeing myself..

Post  Violet Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Hannah it sounds like you have had an out of body experience, this is where the spirit leaves the body temporarily. I imagine it can be quite scary. People can do this deliberately and willingly but as you have discovered it can also happen spontaneously, I don't know a lot about it, especially that kind of paralysis you mentioned but I know others here do know more, so hopefully someone can help you further.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:39 am

Sleep paralysis is rather frightening. Had a bout of that years sgo.
    I have also been told that it could be a OBE.
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 pm

hannahtayy wrote:Last night I felt myself wake up only I was staring at myself then appearing from the left, right and in front of my sleeping self were faces telling me to lay down be still. As I watched myself i began to feel myself struggle I could not move my body but I slowly began to sit up, once I was up a tempted to move my arms but they would fall back down. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldnt. it was like that for a few minutes then I was laying back down in the fatal position only I was back in my body staring at my wall but still had no control of my muscles for about 30 seconds.

It was very scary to watch and go through, does anyone know what this might have been?

Hello

It sounds like one was in the Out of Body state what I would call Astra Travel. Its when the brain kicks in and tries to explain what is going on with the body that can bring in this place of sleep paralysis.

What Exactly Is Sleep Paralysis?

Sleep paralysis is the inability to move or speak as one goes from sleep to wakefulness, without other findings characteristic of narcolepsy. In sleep paralysis, this often occurs while awakening (hypnopompic) as opposed to falling asleep (hypnagogic), which is more common in narcolepsy.

Hypnopompic - the semiconscious state prior to complete wakefulness

Hypnagogic - occurring just before sleep; applied to hallucinations occurring at sleep onset

Features of Sleep Paralysis

There are some common features that characterize the symptoms of sleep paralysis, including:

•Eye movements are typically preserved.

•It more often occurs while sleeping on one’s back.

•Visual and auditory hallucinations often occur and may include a sense of an evil presence, of being touched, or hearing voices or noises in the room.

•Occasionally faces or people may be seen at the bedside.

•A sense of breathlessness (or chest pressure, even someone standing on one’s chest) may exist.

That state of not being fully awake or fully alseep.

Lynn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:46 am