Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
shayn
gilly
Violet
7 posters

Born again or early mediumship?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Born again or early mediumship? Empty Born again or early mediumship?

Post  Violet Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:27 am

Hope i've not done this topic before, please tell me if I have, but I was thinking recently about what someone was saying about how these children who have supposedly lived before can relate accurate details about their 'past life.'

Think about how children speak and then imagine that spirit is giving them the information to pass on, so a spirit who was saying 'I used to live in that house down the road with the big flower garden' a child would repeat just that so it would seem the child was speaking about themself.

If the information was given to an adult who was spiritually aware they would begin with 'a spirit has just told me....' or words to that effect, they wouldn't say it like it was they who once lived down the road.

So my question/thoughts are, are these accounts true past life accounts or raw mediumship in the case of children and perhaps even adults who aren't spiritually aware?

Don't mean to offend any beliefs by the way it's just i'm trying to find something I can believe about past lives.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    gilly
    gilly

Male
    Number of posts : 851
    Job/hobbies : Writing Sci/Fi and Fantasy
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Born again or early mediumship? Empty Re: Born again or early mediumship?

Post  gilly Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 am

Violet wrote:Hope i've not done this topic before, please tell me if I have, but I was thinking recently about what someone was saying about how these children who have supposedly lived before can relate accurate details about their 'past life.'

Think about how children speak and then imagine that spirit is giving them the information to pass on, so a spirit who was saying 'I used to live in that house down the road with the big flower garden' a child would repeat just that so it would seem the child was speaking about themself.

If the information was given to an adult who was spiritually aware they would begin with 'a spirit has just told me....' or words to that effect, they wouldn't say it like it was they who once lived down the road.

So my question/thoughts are, are these accounts true past life accounts or raw mediumship in the case of children and perhaps even adults who aren't spiritually aware?

Don't mean to offend any beliefs by the way it's just i'm trying to find something I can believe about past lives.

A very good question Vi!

I am not sure that chilren are reporting on past life experiences.

My personal experience with children aged 9+ suggests they are more likely to be in contact with spirit. sadly pressures from family and school life push most of them away from spirit and spirit is blocked.

As a teacher of 42 years I can say in my experience that children under 15 are more spiritually aware now than when i first started teaching.

Sorry that this does not help the 'past life' idea!

PPLLnL

Peter
    shayn
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 am

Hi V

a good question, thank you - never thought of it this way before. among the Druze the belief in past life is acceptable, and when a child say something like - "this is the house i used to live in, or this person was my mother in another life " usually they accept it as is.

i'm not sure V i have an answer to your question. like gilly i find children to be very spiritual and connected with spirits, but when i hear my little one it is very clear to me she is talking with spirits or quoting spirits and not turn their words into part of her. but it might be because of how i thought her.. i don't know.

S
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 am

I think that the greater consciousness (spirit) communicates through everyone...aware or not ...even the dog....if that is the best way to send the needed message.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Not quite sure myself what the answer is to this question.
    I can understand past life memories fading away from a child's memory.
    But! Then again,I can remember back to my present life to 3 years old.
    I distinctly remember ridng my 3 three wheeled bike round the kitcher table long before I started school.
    But no memories of another life before this one.
    So why are the memories of a past life so severely suppressed?
    One would think there were be small fragments still lingering in the mind.
    On the other hand,where does deja vu come in (remembering some place we feel we know but never been there before)?
    feather
    feather

Female
    Number of posts : 1166
    Registration date : 2010-07-07

Post  feather Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:28 am

Maybe past life 'memories' linger on into present lives as subconscious actions, impulses, likes and compulsions.
    SpiritVoices
    SpiritVoices

Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

Post  SpiritVoices Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 am

feather wrote:Maybe past life 'memories' linger on into present lives as subconscious actions, impulses, likes and compulsions.

Good explanation there,Feather.

Any fad that we have that is none explainable through genes,could be from past lives memories.

excellent!
    Lynn
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello

More I feel its when the details are from things they could not yet understand. "Down the road" would make me wonder. Children do draw in imaginations then as parents and teachers its so easy for us to play into that one more.

With the three I have, they were not exposed early on to the outside factors such as daycare and pre school. They were at home with me and socialized early on with me or their Dad there. Early on I of past lives from them. I never lead them along it I let them tell me.

The eldest has such a knowlede of WWI and WWII from an early age he would draw battle scenes. He would know about the machines of war when he saw them on TV. He had me print him off a picture of "Landing on the Beach or Normandy" for his room said he was there.

The second one would have such knowlege of the deepest parts of the ocean yet was terrified of the water. When he was 4 asked me on what the "Titanic" was but pronounced it "tittic" I got what he meant. He told me he was on the top and it went right up and right down. I asked how he knew what was on the ocean bottom goes to me I walk around down there Mom.

The last me daughter she from an early age drew and it was people. Later she added names to them. The teacher early on said its not like any "imagination" drawings as they are dressed so varied. Later names went to the people. She was talking to someone in spirit one day calling him Dad and saying its ok ye did not save me the medicine did not exist then is all. She said that "Penda" had not been there to save her. I have to think she meant penacilian. She was 6 at the time and died at 6 seems her Father then was a Dr. She said its ok I am fine in this life will not die.

Now I do wonder if maybe TV might have planted a seed but for a young age to take in that information seems odd to me.

Lynn
    Assumpta
    Assumpta

Female
    Number of posts : 333
    Job/hobbies : Retired, love reading, writing, cross-stitch and all things spiritual
    Registration date : 2011-06-23

Post  Assumpta Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:59 am

A good question Violet, not sure that I know the answer though Born again or early mediumship? 809779
    Like Joan I can remember way back to when I was 2 and going round the local fete for the Queen's Coronation in 1953, I can remember also being in hospital when I was 5. I will admit to never having had to my knowledge memories of a previous life. Now having said that, like many people I have been places and just known I'd been there before but can't remember doing so if you get my drift. This is obviously something a feeling if you like from I feel a previous life.

Born again or early mediumship? 348985

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:31 pm