Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Welcome Mand Maud!

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Welcome Mand Maud! Empty Welcome Mand Maud!

Post  Violet Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Mand Maud and a very warm :welcome: :si: please feel free to join in anywhere. :astar:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Mand Maud
    Mand Maud
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 1
    Job/hobbies : healer, mother, problem-solver, sometime writer... on disability since 2006
    Registration date : 2012-12-24

Welcome Mand Maud! Empty Re: Welcome Mand Maud!

Post  Mand Maud Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi peoples :) I lurked for a few days, and have some questions to drip-feed... I joined, was interrupted and then took 2 days to get back here!

My profile describes me as a healer - I haven't yet taken the step of putting a card in the newsagent's window or similar, but I work with friends and my companion dog (and she's very good at it). I struggle with a need to name what I do, to bear a "label", not knowing the words to use.

It's something like a musician playing by ear: I don't know much of the jargon, but if you tell me what the terms refer to I've usually come across it - chakras and the like. So I can't hold my end up in "technical" conversations but I do know what I'm doing!

My physical health failed dramatically, about seven years ago, changing my identity from very involved mother (and career writer) to spare part out of earshot on the sofa - and various other extreme things have happened, before and since.

I *will* drop out of conversations suddenly. And leap back into them with enthusiasm. It's not personal.

My academic background is language and logic, my approach is rigorously empirical, I don't swallow woo-woo easily! It's encouraging to find others with the same attitude in these same "woo-woo" fields. ;)

In the spring of 2012 I finally decided to put some serious study into two subjects that had been vague interests for a long time, astrology and the Tarot. So far they haven't proved themselves to be nonsense...

I'm on the brink of a big life change, silly moment to join a new online community really, but I'm exploring the spiritual side more passionately than ever and it felt right.

So there you have it. Hello!
    :D mm
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Mand Maud nice to meet you and learn a little more about you.

So I can't hold my end up in "technical" conversations but I do know what I'm doing!
    I think this is perhaps a better way I think all the bumph that goes with something so natural and in us all can often take away from the thing itself, how about 'natural healer' for your label?

I'm sorry to read you're in poor health.

I'm on the brink of a big life change
    I hope this is something good for you :flo:

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:30 pm