Spiritual Inspiration

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Would you put your pet/s in the freezer?

Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Would you put your pet/s in the freezer? Empty Would you put your pet/s in the freezer?

Post  Violet Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am

Of course not! (Perhaps I should have put this in the rant section)then why oh why do people think it is perfectly acceptable to leave their pets outside in sub zero temperatures,for hours and hours 'but they have fur' I have have heard people say, but if we sat in a heated house in a fur coat would we not need an extra coat when we went out, because we would become acclimatised.

I think it's cruel to expect a pet who sits in a nice warm house all day to be thrown out into the freezing cold for sometimes 10 hours overnight :rant: we have cats come round here at night crying they must be freezing.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3378
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Would you put your pet/s in the freezer? Empty Re: Would you put your pet/s in the freezer?

Post  1antique Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 am

I totally agree with you on this. A pet that spends part of it's time indoors and part outside is never able to acclimatize itself to either one. Because of the warmth inside, the do not gain an adequete undercoat, nor do they put on enough of a fat layer to keep warm. It would be no different than us going outside naked on a freezing night.

To me, it is just cruel.
    shortangel

Female
    Number of posts : 97
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2012-11-14

Would you put your pet/s in the freezer? Empty Re: Would you put your pet/s in the freezer?

Post  shortangel Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Some people should not be allowed pets of any kind, my son has a GSD that is an outside dog, in the winter he has his very own duvet, an old one that would otherwise be thrown away, when he does come inside, you can tell it is far too hot for him.

Now my dog, won't even go out for a walk if it's raining, but when it snows she wanders round the garden for ages, then we have to try and get the snow off her fur.

June
    Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24568
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm

That's exactly it, if an animal is brought up to be outside it's fur will react to conditions as nature intended, and the extra fat it needs.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:59 pm